Viewing 38 posts - 761 through 798 (of 798 total)
  • Oooh! Shiny. New site theme discussion. Bug Reports
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

LMFAO

It won’t let me disable dark mode.

I uncheck the box and when I hit save the tick is back in it.

I’d be bothered but for the fact the dark mode makes my eyes bleed.

jameso

Weird. I read a post, log in to reply, go back to the thread and get logged out. I log back in, go to homepage or another thread, all’s ok. Back to another thread – logged out.

rockhopper70

I’m getting a narrow block advert at the top of thread pages, which covers the section headings, and more often than not don’t have a “x” to close them down. The only option is to try and press the small strip of STW logo that is visible to the side, or close and reopen.

The “x” is incredibly small to hit, more often I’ve hit the report add button next to it or taken to the amazon shop for incontinence products…..

Edit, this is on iPad.

breadcrumb

Can I request that we have an obvious notification and email when a PM is received please. Ta

lister

PMs still open off to the left side of the screen.
    I can’t click on a user’s name to send them a message in classifieds.
    Up to date iphone.
    Thanks

fergusd

I assume this is the site feedback thread ? . . .

Classifieds report not found and display a bloke with some beer. Site is whitelisted, tested with adblocker disabled also. Retested with alternate browser without adblocker installed, same result.

baileyswalk
    Free Member

Are PMs working at all? Not had any joy with them for weeks. Pretty much given up and reverted to comments. Poor show.

oikeith

I dont remember this happening before or as much, I seem to be remembered less, so need to log in more, once logged in it takes me to my profile, I think before it took me back to the thread or page I was on?

hardtailonly

Classifieds seem to be down again? Just the bloke with beer! 🙄

branes

Classifieds seem to be down again? Just the bloke with beer! 🙄

All working for me now including the category links – yesterday’s complete unavailability presumably collateral damage for the eventual full fix.

andy5390

Is anyone else seeing “premiercon” , each letter on a separate line,with the poster name half way down on this thread

The home town movie thread

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I can’t upload pics to an ad in the classifieds. I can select a jpg image with the file browser option or drag and drop on to the spot for it, but you just get a white square underneath – doesn’t load the image. Then when you try to preview the ad it says you can’t go on as you need at least 1 pic.

Tried using pics from my phone, linked to random ones online, other downloaded pics. tried PNGs and JPGs – no dice.

So I can’t post an ad.

Using Chrome on a Win 10 desktop.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Classified images issue also happening on my phone (Android running Chrome).
    If you try to post an ad using Edge, then the drop down menu under Your Ads (once you’e in Classifieds) that has the option to “Post new ad” doesn’t work.
    But If I copy paste the post ad URL from from Chrome into Edge, I get a slightly different result with images. The white square appears with a rotating black group of dots which signify processing. But it never finishes processing the image.

martinhutch

Posting images issue. I’m using the ‘classic’ version of the posting box which brings up the HTML tags.

Lets me paste the image into the message box, but then the cursor disappears and it won’t let me add text anywhere, clicking away from the page and back again doesn’t fix it, I have to reload the site.

(Latest version of Chrome)

Scrolled back through the last month’s comments, so apologies if I’ve missed this already being reported.

Bez

I see someone’s had another fiddle with the CSS. Now I can choose between having loads of elements minimally readable in light mode or some other ones completely unreadable in dark mode. White on white, again? I don’t like to flounce, but for ****’s sake! Drives me nuts!

nixie

One bug and some feature requests.

First the bug, on the partner details page the hyperlink to the partners website starts with Tel: , unsurprisingly on a phone this launches the dialer rather than navigating to the partners website 🤦‍♂️.

Feature wise can the PM notification please, please be made visible in mobile view. Yes I know you can see it if you press the hamburger but it would be souchore usable if there was a visible notification that did not require you to open a menu. You can see it on desktop fine but not on mobile.

I know this won’t fix the fact that the PM interface is borked for mobile but at least you’d know there was a message.

Cougar

You can report bugs and feature requests directly now.

Website bug report form

nixie

Hadn’t seen that. Will submit both.

ratherbeintobago

Tagging doesn’t seem to do anything?

keithb

So, how many months since the “upgrade”. And still no back to top button?  Or just put a link to the main forum page at the bottom of the website.  Scrolling all the way back up to the top of along thread is really frustrating, particularly as it was fixed on the last version.

Nevermind the persistent requests to log back in, and now adverts for STW merchandise taking up loads of space on the forum page.

Poor show.

eyestwice
    Free Member

Assume you’re on mobile, iOS or Android?

Bez

You can report bugs and feature requests directly now.

Given that I recently reviewed (not even all of) a UI at work and raised nearly 300 issues, you probably don’t want me going anywhere near that 🙂

keithb

Generally on Andoid mobile. Currently on Desktop and the merch adverts are still taking up at least a full screen on the forum page.

Cougar

still no back to top button?

What do you need to go back to the top for? To return to the forum index? You can do that by clicking the six dots at the top (looks like a die face, gods only know why) to pop the sidebar, then the speech bubbles icon is a link to the forum index. You can do that from the top of the page, the bottom of the page or from anywhere else.

Currently on Desktop and the merch adverts are still taking up at least a full screen on the forum page.

Try pressing the “page down” button on your keyboard. That fixes it, I’ve just tested it.

More serious answer: I didn’t even know they were there. I never use the combined forum view, I go directly to one or the other and there’s no merchandise links on those.

keithb

Oh.   I wonder what the rest of the pop up side bar buttons do?  Never seen them before! Can’t really guess from the symbols.  Handshake, money, reel to reel tape and a gavil?  The last one could be report post I guess…

And on mobile the t-shirt ads are about 2 pages each, and there’s three of them.

And I like looking at the combined view, it’s most like the stw pre 2008 hack.

I liked being able to go to the forum and read 15-20 thread titles without having to interact with it sny more

Edit; it probably doesn’t help that the scroll wheel on my mouse is broken…  But I’ve adapted all my other usage around it now….

Cougar

And on mobile the t-shirt ads are about 2 pages each, and there’s three of them.

Odd. Looks fine on mine. Send a screenshot in the bug report form if you want.

Handshake, money, reel to reel tape and a gavil? The last one could be report post I guess…

Premier partners, make a donation, help and legal.

I’ve just logged a bug report for that “help” icon. I presume it’s a lifebelt, but the icon for “help” has been pretty universally defined for as long as I’ve been in long trousers.

Cougar

I liked being able to go to the forum and read 15-20 thread titles without having to interact with it sny more

On desktop, Control-click will open a thread in a new tab and then background it. Or if your mouse has a middle button that’ll do the same thing. You can open 15-20 threads without ever moving from the index and then read them all at your leisure without having to touch it again.

App I don’t know, I’d expect long-press does something similar.

(Disclaimer, all this is browser-dependent but I’ve not used one in years that didn’t behave like this.)

Edit; it probably doesn’t help that the scroll wheel on my mouse is broken… But I’ve adapted all my other usage around it now….

As I said, page up and page down keys.

keithb

How do I take a screenshot on an android device?  I know it can be done, but never had the requirement to before…

So the sidebar links are all items I’d typically imagine being in the footer, apart from the direct link to the forum…  Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.  And the classifieds is somewhere else too.

Cougar

How do I take a screenshot on an android device? I know it can be done, but never had the requirement to before…

Volume-down and power, unless your phone manufacturer has done something ‘clever.’

Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

I don’t know anything about that, maybe other things are planned for it in the future.

And the classifieds is somewhere else too.

That’s on the list. It’s actually a completely separate forum currently, once it’s been combined the integration will be a lot easier / tighter I believe.

scotroutes

How do I take a screenshot on an android device?

I just hold the power button down until I get a wee menu (Sony Xperia)

keithb

So I’ve sent a screenshot to the bug report link.

The problem with the sidebar is it takes me to the main forum page.  The hamburger menu top bar takes me to either forum or classifieds, but the top of page does forum, bike, chat, classifieds and wanteds all in one place.  It’s also the only place to jump to s different page on the same thread, so is the only place with full forum navigation options.

I’d like to be able to get back there easily please.

I knew there was a good reason why I liked the back to top button..

CountZero

I’ve just sent a report in, about an issue that crops up every so often, where a page will suddenly expand way beyond the edge of my pad screen, with text running with it, requiring me to have to keep scrolling across the page to read the text. The most recent example I turned my pad on it’s side, to landscape, and to go from left to right was three ‘screen’ widths, and my pad is a 10.5” version.
    I linked a screenshot, but the bug report form only allows one pic, so I’m going to post all three here, to show more clearly the issue – the pics need to be arranged side by side instead of top to bottom, obviously.

” alt=”” />

nixie

I got a reply to the issues I raised and am happy to report they are resolved 👍. So messages on mobile is now readable and useable without flipping to landscape.

CountZero

Further to my post just up there ^^, I had an email from Andy to say they were investigating and a second to say it was actually a simple fix and had been sorted!
    Thank you gentlemen. 😁

Bez

FFS. Now the cookie dialog that’s popping up all the time on my iPhone (new SE, latest iOS, zoomed mode in display preferences) renders the whole site completely inaccessible unless I accept all cookies. Which I don’t want to. So

I'm out

Drac

Yup sadly down to the provider.

Privacy

Bez

Oddly seems to have been fixed since I posted that!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Is anyone else finding the text box freezes mid ramble?

Its the banner ad at the bottom hit the cross on that and you find all the text has actually typed just not showing.

Viewing 38 posts - 761 through 798 (of 798 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.