Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 798 total)
  • Oooh! Shiny. New site theme discussion. Bug Reports
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

I still can’t get the profile page to accept a mugshot and a cover shot.
    They go up fine and look ok but no matter what I do they vanish when I move off the page.

Here what I did before it vanished:
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.11.21

Mac 10.11.6 btw.

whitestone
    Free Member

@eddiebaby – looks like the same problem I reported on the last page about the profile not accepting a new email address.

baileyswalk
    Free Member

RE: Screenshots and platform for msgs popup modal. Android S7 – chrome

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2T5oyNpB7mBypuTD9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dUDcfp1rGxHYnmbz6

dirkpitt74

Can’t read PM’s on my phone – opens up halfway off the screen.

Android, MotoX4 and Chrome.

scotroutes

FWIW my profile photos are both working fine now

https://singletrackworld.com/user/scotroutes/

lister

Same issue as dirkpitt up there. iPhone browser. I can see the whole message if I rotate to landscape.

breadcrumb

I’m having the message issue too, both in portrait and landscape. I have to resort to desktop view.

Note 9 Android Chrome

boomerlives
    Free Member

Has the category links, down the side of the classifieds page been mentioned? I’m getting the “Oops” page with every one

Me too. Chrome and Firefox

Also, if I try and place an ad whatever category I put it in results in an error.

So I haven’t

Cougar

FWIW my profile photos are both working fine now

I’ve just had some feedback on this. It’s working currently because the component causing the problem has been switched off. This will have to be turned back on at some point, so the issue will likely reoccur until a permanent fix is implemented.

TL;DR – don’t wast time with profile banner pictures just yet.

CountZero

Without going back through 18 pages, has anyone else had a weird formatting issue with some pages going very, very, very wide? I’ve noticed it before, but just had an pretty extreme example on the seahorse carving post, second page – if I put my pad into landscape, I’ve got to scroll four or five times to get to the other side of the page!
    It seems to be caused in this instance by a particularly long web link that hasn’t automatically turned over, but I’ve seen it in other places as well.
    Sorry, not possible to take a screen shot, it might require four or five and most would be blank and not give much info. Oddly, the first page was ok.
    I’m using Brave with DuckDuckGo, but I’ve checked it on Firefox as well, and it does the same on there.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep. Occasionally get that on the IPad running whatever the latest software is.

Drac

I can’t find the post you’re on about but it can happen if someone uses bullet points it breaks the formatting.

Cougar

I can’t find the post you’re on about but it can happen if someone uses bullet points it breaks the formatting.

if someone uses bullet points incorrectly it breaks the formatting. It’s not intuitive unless you’re passingly familiar with HTML, LI works but it needs to be within UL/OL tags.

In any case – if you get that issue just report the post, it’s within our abilities to repair it.

jimmy

I have dirkpitt’s message issue too. Readable in landscape but trying to reply is not a good experience – the keyboard hides the message box.

thorpey0
    Free Member

I cannot send a PM to anyone and I have stopped being able to receive a PM from classifieds.

If I click on a name in this thread it takes me to their profile and I can click the message tab. In classifieds it just takes me to their listings, there is no way to send a message.

Also someone from classifieds tried to PM me and I didn’t get it.

This is on any platform I am using – iPad and iPhone iOS and Mac OS.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

rapidrob95
    Free Member

Have been trying to send a PM to a user on the classifieds, can’t find a way to privately message, so either I’m going blind or there’s no option?!
    EDIT: …or I’m stupid

Cougar

I don’t think there’s a way of sending messages directly from within Classifieds currently, I have a bug ticket open for it. There’s nothing preventing you from manually going to https://singletrackworld.com/user/[username] to send messages though.

rapidrob95
    Free Member

Cheers Cougar

branes

Has the category links, down the side of the classifieds page been mentioned? I’m getting the “Oops” page with every one

Me too. Chrome and Firefox

Also, if I try and place an ad whatever category I put it in results in an error.

So I haven’t

Adding my name to the category links->Oops issue.

I can’t remember a time when this worked for me.

Drac

Those having PM problems with iPads it might be worth allowing pop ups for STW as it opens as mini window to send a message.

Edit: Sorry just tested that by block pop ups and it made no difference for me I still can send them. 🤦🏻‍♂️

andy5390

Edit: I had the page/site zoom set at 125%. It’s OK at 110% and below

The photo’s on this thread, are taking the text off the page. Can’t scroll sideways to read it.

Chrome/Chromebook

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/powder-coating-a-frame-2/

bearnecessities

This one’s weird.

I just posted a comment in an article – then when I clicked on my name (it uses my name that I put in my profile – “Rich”) it takes me to the profile of someone with the forum name of ‘Rich’…I think?!

Teaser | Singletrack Magazine Issue 131 – Don’t Miss This Cover!

thorpey0
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar, glad it is not just me!

DezB
    Free Member

Lot of info about PMs on here – is it known that the notification (via email) that you have a message is broken? Last one I had was March 2nd.
    Don’t get them from a forum mention with an @<user> or from a PM

timoth27

I don’t seem to be able to send Or receive pm’s from my phone, Am I missing something It’s an iPhone 8 running up to date is.

Tia

Tim

timblake7

All ‘Categories’ in Classifieds go to ‘Oops…nothing found’ page and all searches in Classifieds go to a bunch of Black Friday deals.
    cheers,
    Tim

Kamakazie

I get the same classifieds category issue as Tim.

Also, when I now login, it takes me to my profile page rather than the page I was logging in from which is annoying.

Kryton57

I can’t log in from iOS/Safari or android this morning, on an iPad or Mac.       Typing at you on a MacBook that was logged in yesterday before the login expires….

Mark

As you’ll be aware we are having some site login issues at the moment. Tech are on it and hopefully it wont be too long before everything is working properly again. Sorry about this

gauss1777
    Free Member

I’m not sure if this is too vague to be of any help.
    For the past ~24hours, I have found it near impossible to type a post due to stalling and erratic keyboard issues. I suspect it is something to do with some of the ads.
    This is on my iPad using Chrome and Dolphin.

hardtailonly

Seems the PM issue is still not resolved?

I’ve been trying to respond to quite a bit of stuff on the Classifieds, but don’t seem to be able to PM the sellers, which means leaving replies to the Ad itself and, if wanting to go ahead with a purchase, means leaving personal contact details on a public forum, which I’m not very happy about, and presume this is against forum/classifieds rules?

Also, when I try to open/read any PMs to me (old ones, as not had any recently), it opens the message off to the left of the screen so all I can read is about the last word on each line. Tried turning phone landscape, but the message window is so narrow that you can’t scroll through or see the message at all. This is on an Android phone.

Is there a workaround? Is the site on a laptop working better?

Realise these are difficult times and that web/tech support is inevitably affected, but wondered whether this is in the pipeline for a fix, and likely timescale?

minley1
    Free Member

Can’t seem to see PM’s either, I’m on an iphone

scotroutes

I’m just bumping this back up to the top as it appears to have been un-stickied and we’ll therefore have a glut of “this isn’t working” posts.

nicko74

Is the removal of the little >> symbol next to thread titles on the overview page (you click it to go to the last page of horrendously long threads) deliberate?

If so, please can it be unremoved?

AlexSimon

ooh – the ‘link’ icons have been activated!

scotroutes

ooh – the ‘link’ icons have been activated!

But they don’t work within the forum as there is no www in the copied URL.

simondbarnes

Ooo, the font colours have been sorted out. Thank you 🙂

scotroutes
    squirrelking
    Free Member

It seems the little arrows are there but invisible, on PC version of Chrome at any rate. Just need to hover mouse to the right of the post count to find them.

Any chance a log in can return the user to the page they signed in from rather than dumping them onto their profile? Presently it’s a Log In > Details > Profile then Back to Details, Back to page then refresh as it thinks you weren’t logged in. Apologies if it’s been mentioned (yes, still going to say a sticky of known faults would be useful).

scotroutes

It seems the little arrows are there but invisible, on PC version of Chrome at any rate. Just need to hover mouse to the right of the post count to find them.

Switch to dark mode and see if you can then see them.

Can you see the arrows on the sticky posts?

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 798 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.