Home Forums Bike Forum Old School.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old School.
    Bunnyhop

We’ll get me, on my 26er, having to change chain rings, no suspension, rattle rattle on every pedal stroke, the clanging noise could have been caused by the pannier rack, IMG_4530IMG_4531saddle too low cos I didn’t have the strength to undo the very old quick release, no uppydowny seat post and rather bad brakes, but- it’s my first mtb ride for over a year and the ‘good’ bike wasn’t to hand.

Trails were dry and empty and some big fun was had.

kerley
    Free Member

My only MTB is a rigid 26″ with a triple. Works as well for easy single track and gravel roads as it did when new in 1996.

matt_outandabout

some big fun was had

They who have most fun, win.

slowol

Bikes are magic :-)

Hope this means your injuries are clearing up.

Are discs too nu skool though?

Bunnyhop

In a few weeks when I finally get out on the all singing, all dancing bouncy bike, it will feel like heaven and give me some confidence.

The old bike was heavy, a bit unwieldy but it’s what most of us rode and we coped back then. Mtbing rocks on rocks :0)

tractionman

Good for you @Bunnyhop I’m happy with my old skool set up for local pottering IMG_20240818_113703_HDR~2

crazy-legs

All I see is a pic of a poor exhausted 26er, lying against a fence where it asked for a rest after being subjected to The Gnarr.  ;-)

Good to see you back out! Blue skies and dry trails, what’s not to like!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.