Home Forums Bike Forum Odd encounter with motorbike on Bridgewater canal path yesterday…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Odd encounter with motorbike on Bridgewater canal path yesterday…
    singlespeedstu

What are these kids going to be riding when they are 12 of 13 years old?

Well my mates daughter who started on an Oset at 5 was riding a GasGas 125 trials bike and won the British Trials Championship as a teenager.

She’ll also be riding the ISDE in Spain in October as part of the British team.

It’s pretty cool representing your country at an international event.

I  also started at 5 down the local park but under petrol power as electricity hadn’t been invented when I was a lad.

I also went on to wear a Union Jack shirt at International races.

I’m much more responsible now though so moved to Scotland so I don’t have to break any rules when i’m out on my MTB.

winky smiley

singletrackmind

She’s lucky she didn’t end up in the canal . Still there’s always next time.

BearBack
    Free Member

The fact he was wearing a Balaclava shows that he knows damn well he shouldn’t be there

Polite motor biker in the wrong place removes *helmet liner* to effectively and respectfully communicate with woman.

jimmy

There was a bunch of kids outside my flat years ago. Said hello, said hello back.

Then they went into the garage and stole my bikes.

Polite though.

BadlyWiredDog

Would it be worth contacting the Canal & River Trust?

Ask the people of Whaley Bridge and the surrounding – mostly downstream – area about that one…

blokeuptheroad

In general terms I dislike motorbikes intensely.

How very odd.

cinnamon_girl

Ask the people of Whaley Bridge and the surrounding – mostly downstream – area about that one…

Am in a different part of the country so if you’re able to tell me then that would be appreciated.

Bruce

A couple of years ago the dam that is just outside Whalley  Bridge and feeds the canal started to crumble.

This led to people being evacuated from their homes as a precaution in case the dam breached.

cinnamon_girl

Thank you.  Have now read up on this and should think that local residents will be relieved when the repairs eventually finish next year.  Must have been terrifying for them.

dyna-ti

The fact he was wearing a Balaclava shows that he knows damn well he shouldn’t be there

Hardly crime of the century.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.