Home Forums Notice – STW any issues ?

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 978 total)
  • Notice – STW any issues ?
    Mark

Fingers crossed but Anthony thinks he’s fixed the login bug. The login page was being cached and we think that was the cause.

RustyNissanPrairie

He’s not fixed the ads on the homepage issue yet!

the-muffin-man

I know it’s tiny in the big list of jobs that need to be done, but I (and many others) miss these every day…

…will emojis ever return?

If it’s a definite no, just say so we stop asking! 🙁

kimbers

Pages are loading much quicker all of a sudden

are the hamsters on amphetamines?

blokeuptheroad

Had this for an hour or so earlier this afternoon. 503? Progress of a sort I guess? 😉

Screenshot 2024-10-16 16.54.26

scotroutes

Yep – been unable to access the site for most of the afternoon.

RustyNissanPrairie

They haven’t fixed the ads on the homepage for paid members using IOS Safari.

Have cleared data/cache, re-signed in here again but to no avail

scotroutes

Still, it’s EBIKE WEEK from 21st-25TH OCTOBER *

Maybe that means we’ll not need to read about them for another 51 weeks?

(*not actually a full week)

simondbarnes

Still, it’s EBIKE WEEK from 21st-25TH OCTOBER *

Those banners are really bloody annoying. I only want to see text and photos / vids that people have posted, not advertising banners.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 19.46.43

blokeuptheroad

Those side banners don’t even show properly on my Chromebook.  All the joy of a distracting psychedelic border, without even being able to see what they are advertising.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 20.07.15

rudedog
    Free Member

This site is chronically slow – have you looked at using CDN service like Cloudflare? I think this would eliminate the speed issue as the content would be then cached on Cloudflares edge servers rather than requests having to be serviced directly by whatever horror show is currently in place.

Its not an expensive solution either and brings a lot of other benefits.

scotroutes

The Congratulations, you got a mention emails are now coming through with a link to the relevant thread. Thanks.

(It’s to page 1 of the thread but that’s just being churlish)

the-muffin-man

There’s been a flurry of 503 errors and Origin Unreachable errors…

Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 11.24.57Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 11.23.30

DickBarton

Incredibly slow for me…I’m assuming the findings from Cougar are still being investigated or to be investigated. Although I don’t think my post count would be as high as the big hitters so if it is this slow for me it must be glacial for them…
    Saying that, I don’t seem to have the same amount of issues as others…the messaging issue (which was fixed quickly – thanks) and the site load speed (which seems to be an issue for several) – and that isn’t likely to be a quick fix.

Cougar2
    Free Member

it must be glacial for them…

It was in the order of 30 seconds per page load, when it loaded at all.  Logged out it was instantaneous, even with adverts.  Logged in with the new temporary (I hope) account it’s about a second.

scotroutes

I posted some figures above showing a time of around 18 seconds. It’s not always that bad but is never/rarely less than 8 seconds.

@rudedog
    – it seems this isn’t a hardware issue, more to with (errant?) coding.

Mark

UPDATE: We’ve decoupled user accounts from the Ultimate Member system that was causing the slowness so the site should start to be quicker for users with big forum histories. We have some work still to do on profiles and displaying a users forum history within profiles. The 503 errors were down to a bug fix that didn’t work. That was the emoji bug. We are working with VIP support to find a fix for the lack of emojis. To be clear on that, we didn;t remove emojis. They stopped workling when we moved servers for ‘reasons’.

Cougar

When you say “start to be,” is this something you expect to take a little time to level out?

This page took ten seconds to load, which is a big improvement on 30 but still slower than my vouch account.

EDIT: from “Submit” on this post to page load, 35 seconds.

DickBarton

Thanks for the update Mark…

vinnyeh

Why are the user profile/replies created entries not presented with the original topic name and a link into the thread?

Mark

There’s no reason for that.

Like I said just up there.. We have some work to do on the profiles and displaying users forum histories.

vinnyeh

thanks Mark, hadn’t read your earlier remark.

ditch_jockey

I’m having a problem accessing the discounts section of the members area. It tells me that my email address is incorrect, even though it’s the address I use for the site. I emailed the support address that comes up on Sunday, but no response from there.

scotroutes

@Mark – another data point. Response times on the Bike forum are now 1-2 seconds. On the Chat forum, still in excess of 8 seconds. That could be down to the number of my posts in each I suppose, but I just thought it was interesting.

scotroutes

OK, so now it appears I can’t start a thread…

I’m getting this message when I hit Submit

Screenshot 2024-10-17 215239

II’ll try a few things.

I’ve tried it in Bike, Chat and Overview (selecting Bike).
    I’ve changed the thread title.
    There are no pics, just a few words.

Still the same error.

All of the above were using Chrome on Windows.

I just tried it again using Chrome on Androind 15 and it seems to have worked (although it took over a minute for the screen to refresh back to the overview topic list).

I cleared the cache and all site data from my windows Chrome browser and now I’ve been hit with the password reset loop.again.

sadexpunk

was trying to find an old thread yesterday and realised that the ‘forum’ tab’s missing in my profile with ‘topics started’ and ‘replies created’.  i wondered if itd be under ‘posts’ but that just tells me i havent made any.

emailed tech about it yesterday but no reply.  its not a biggie (at the moment) and not sure if anyone else has reported it?

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 10.58.45

blokeuptheroad

Those side banners don’t even show properly on my Chromebook.  All the joy of a distracting psychedelic border, without even being able to see what they are advertising.

Re this post of a couple of days ago.  The partial side banners are appearing intermittently now. On some pages and not others.  Or they appear on a thread briefly after I’ve posted, but then disappear if I visit it later.  Not a biggie, but just flagging it up.

scotroutes

That’s missing for me too. Might be part of the change that’s being made to speed up response times?

ChrisL

I’m using Opera and seeing the same sort of issues with the side banners as blokeuptheroad. They’re present (but apparently misformatted) some of the time and sometimes they’re not.

On a personal level I don’t like how they look very much. They make the site feel cluttered, like I’ve stumbled onto a web site run by Reach or something.

onewheelgood

Screenshot 2024-10-18 135221

It did work eventually.

IHN

I’ve been getting a few ‘bad gateway’ messages this afternoon, and it’s just been generally slow loading.

blokeuptheroad

like I’ve stumbled onto a web site run by Reach

Ouch! 🙂

I’ve been getting a few ‘bad gateway’ messages this afternoon, and it’s just been generally slow loading.

Same. Painfully slow again this afternoon.

Cougar2
    Free Member

Ooh, “you’ve been mentioned” @ notifications are working again!  Thanks guys.

jaminb
    Free Member

my cursor cannot click on my member icon

simondbarnes

Having not been logged out for what seems like months I seem to be getting logged out most days now.

dyna-ti

‘Forum’ tab missing in my profile. So cannot access previous posts/topics.

scotroutes

Yep – I think we all have that issue

mudfish

Hi all.
    looking under profile on the website I’m sure there was a forums button to show posts I’d commented on or started.
    it’s gone.
    when I click any of the buttons on the black menu bar (see screenshot) fur a split second a 2 row black member pops up for a split second. Too fast to get a screenshot I’m afraid.
    something amiss?

IMG_0206

The “forums” button was very useful,  frankly I find the notifications page useless as each post commented listed repeatedly resulting in a lot of clicking to show more.
    so now my own forum posts are lost to me

moreover “notify me of follow up comments” which used to send an an email apparently stopped working long ago

RustyNissanPrairie

Still seeing adverts on my IOS phone/Safari and the time stamps seem off on the homepage. However it’s fine on my iPad that hasn’t had the cache/data cleared.

b33k34

The “forums” button was very useful, frankly I find the notifications page useless as each post commented listed repeatedly resulting in a lot of clicking to show more.
    so now my own forum posts are lost to me

moreover “notify me of follow up comments”

Can we hope this is preceding a better solution?  After being able to post, easily being able to follow a thread you’re interested in, see that there are new posts, and rejoin where you left off seems one of the most basic bits of functionality for a forum.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 978 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.