Home Forums Notice – STW any issues ?

Viewing 25 posts - 721 through 745 (of 745 total)
  • Notice – STW any issues ?
  • Cougar

Can anyone tell me how to get to any menu that includes messages?

It would appear to have disappeared.  I can only assume it’s being worked on.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Cant send a message or reply to classified advert. No option from the advert or doing direct to profile.

Matt_SS_xc if you see this I’m trying to contact you ref coffee machine….

thepodge
    Free Member

How on earth do I contact someone about buying something?

I don’t seem to have a messaging system any more.

[Mod] we’ve alerted Tech to this issue.

[Mod] Update: now fixed and sorry for the inconvenience.

blokeuptheroad

I was expecting a few issues as a result of the migration but the lack of progress and of updates makes me wonder if it’s the former. Maybe it’s just not possible to.improve things based on the current platform and it’s time a fundamental change was required.

It’s been quite a while since the last update on how our donations and raffle money is being used and how the migration is going.  ISTR we had our expectations managed about fixing small stuff, until the migration was completed and bedded in.  Has that happened yet?  Can we expect to see the long list of broken stuff start to be addressed, or even actual improvements being fielded?

ped

Feature request: Include the title of each classifieds listing in its detail view.

DickBarton

Messaging still not working – I can’t reply to any messages, I can’t delete any messages and I now can’t move between user messages…really, I’m just looking to delete all the messages that are under my Messages option, but I can’t.

thepodge
    Free Member

Fixed is a somewhat subjective word.

Screenshot-20240926-181130

bigblackshed

I think there was a workaround mentioned by  @STWtech a couple of weeks ago.

On the messages page of your profile / account, right click and open in a new window / tab / background (whichever browser or device you’re using) The message then appears in that window etc.

The classifieds do indeed need to display the listing title on the page that opens from the lists. (Does that make sense?)

It would be very helpful if sellers would include some form of contact information on their listings, but then that’s open to SPAM mail I suppose.

neila

Is messaging down, trying to contact el_boufador regarding classified add?

el_boufador

Hi Neil, sorry was busy with work… I just responded via email

Cheers

b33k34

Is there any way of stopping the auto play, overlaid, videos?  Some (many) of us don’t want to watch them all the time and they make the site infuriating on a mobile, and almost unusable on a really slow connection as nothing happens until the video loads.

at least give members the option to disable.

(sometimes entertaining but anything that requires sound on doesn’t work if there are other people in the room. )

b33k34

Messages. Every time it seems to send messages twice.

mudfish

Hi Anthony, thanks for getting me logged back in after 6 weeks trying.

I have a super frustrating issue just now, Brave browser on Mac OS 13.5. I wrote a muklti paragraph reply to a post this morning and all of a sudden it disappeared, taking me back to the forum index. This has happened twice now and 2nd time it caught me just before I copied it as a “just in case” move.

I gave up

this thread: https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/2024-winter-season-waterproof-trousers-thread/

Cougar

If I know I’m going to be typing a long post, I’ll compose it in an offline editor and then copy it in.  Not just on STW but anywhere, it’s too easy to have a brainfart and accidentally close the tab / browser.  At least Notepad goes “are you sure?”

blokeuptheroad

Is there any way of stopping the auto play, overlaid, videos?

Yes

My account, preferences, disable embedded Singletrack videos

Screenshot_20240928-173513

oldnick

Very minor one here but when I use return on my iPhone for a new paragraph it doesn’t auto capitalise.

like this.

and the spacing seems random

and the double space for full stop too

Ooh a preemptive space fixes the capital issue!

Whilst I’m on a roll is it possible at some point in the future to add a preview bubble when you hover over a title? I really like that on other forums I use.

iainc

As per the thread from somafunk that was closed.  I have been frustrated by same in last few days so popping it up here, hopefully a more helpful response will be providED

Why is the stw page not sized for iOS?

somafunk

Ahh, cheers iainc.

when I posted my Q the page was all **** up and I couldn’t see this thread

iainc

^^^ no worries, mine has been same last few days, have logged out, deleted cookies etc but still the same…

filks

I’m still getting an ad when I click on features/articles despite being a member. Is this what is now supposed to be happening for paying members or is it a glitch?

PJay
    Free Member

It’s a long thread, so I’m not sure what’s already been covered but for several weeks now, when I use the forum’s notoriously dodgy search function, I’ve been finding that clicking on the “Older Threads” link to view another page of results, gives an “Oops something went wrong” (page not found?) error.

Consequently it can be impossible to track down old threads unless you get a hit on the first page or results.

— Edit —

Something else I’ve just come across. With the forum’s message section, I can only view the top message in the list of senders, clicking on other message authors doesn’t select their messages or allow you to view them (I have a tracking number I want to retrieve from a message and can’t, so it’s a tad annoying).

Cougar

There’s a workaround for your messages issue on this very page.

doomanic

Images don’t seem to be showing.

scotroutes

Oh – they sort of are, and then they sort of aren’t and then they sort of are again. I guess there’s some sort of random number generator being run in the background.

Ambrose

This site seems to be a bit like Brexit. We were told we would get a load of improvements but they sure seem to be a long time coming.

Viewing 25 posts - 721 through 745 (of 745 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.