Home Forums Notice – STW any issues ?

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 745 total)
  • Notice – STW any issues ?
  • z1ppy

what the **** have you done to the search? it’s always been ****. but was working, now it completely ****ed… “Something went wrong” really?

singlespeedstu

Messages still not working at all for me.

Last message that worked was in June.

It’s just stuck on that message and I can’t delete it or click on any other messages or send a new message.

ibnchris

Messages not working – guessing Classifoeds not working for anyone then?.

the-muffin-man

Tech…

andrewh
    Free Member

I just tried to start a new topic in the chat forum. Mobile telephone, Android, but it didn’t appear.

Tried again on the laptop, Windows 10/Firefox and it still didn’t appear.

They were the ones about drilling holes in plant pots. I can reply to existing posts absolutely fine

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve made another one and it’s worked. I didn’t do anything different.

FWIW I think google has mostly answered the plantpot question, diamond drill bits

oldnpastit

My subscription failed to renew as my card had expired. I’ve added a new card but I am now in a subscription limbo where I can’t renew but instead just go round in circles.  This seems like a bug. I want to pay money but stw won’t let me.

Going to try cancelling my account entirely as that seems like the only way out.

singletracktech

@the-muffin-man can you try logging on the browsers/devices where this was an issue before. Just trying something. Logging in seems to be a problem for some but we can’t reproduce it.

Messages – this is a sticky problem for us – theres been some odd collection of script errors. A work around in most browsers is to right click on the conversation link and ‘open in new tab/window’. Apologies.

the-muffin-man

@singletracktech

Can’t login on MacBook or iPhone at all now. Not working in any browser.

Only logged in on iPad in Chrome

the-muffin-man

Logged in on all devices now! Seems completely random – good luck!

arrpee
    Free Member

Anyone else notice that the video suggestions (e.g. Fresh Goods Friday) are literally covering the text of people’s posts so that you can’t fully read them? Can’t see any obvious way to dismiss or minimise. Android phone.

wheelsonfire1

I’m getting the pop up on every thread click asking permission for STW to access 1.2gb of storage

Watty

Unable to log in all yesterday afternoon, iPad & iPhone.

pisco

I think I’ve done something on my andriod/Samsung  other sites are unaffected. What have I done? Put it in desktop mode or something?

Screenshot_20240914_065954_DuckDuckGo

pisco

solved, please ignore

desperatebicycle

How long before emojis work again? Every time I enter one my post turns Australian ?

scotroutes

STILL slower than dial-up!

imnotamused
    Free Member

Your brilliant classic rides section:

after page 2 I get “oops something’s gone wrong”.

No pictures showing on the ride reports either.

Also I tried to post a comment on one of the rides to explain that one of the descents is now unrideable and a diversion is required but got an error. Ride 117 for reference.

(Android/Chrome)

munrobiker
    Free Member

To follow on from scotroutes’ post, the site has been slow and incredibly jumpy the last few weeks. The process goes something like this-

Go to forum page.

Forum loads as a continuous, uninterrupted list of threads. Similar to that shown in Pisco’s screenshot above but in non-desktop format.

Scroll down, click on the thread you want.

A significant delay later, the forum page finishes loading, all of a sudden loads of big gaps appear in the list of threads then a thread opens that’s not the one you clicked.

This is in Ecosia on an up to date Android phone.

scotroutes

That Saracen ad is also getting a few more clicks than it deserves :-)

Wally

I have the same messaging issue, its stuck on an old message to the person I wrote months ago.

I cannot open in a new window, delete or anything. The page just freezes.

wheelsonfire1

It’s back! –
    I’m getting the pop up on every thread click asking permission for STW to access 1.2gb of storage

Wally

Messaging works to message someone new. If you have messaged them before it is impossible to delete the old message or add to. All buttons have no function, except to click on their forum name again. This makes a repeat purchase on Classifieds a no go.

ossify

Threads are still not updating properly for me. Timestamps and post counts are not updating in anything like real-time, plus the recent posts sometimes don’t show until after a refresh (often more than 1 needed).

Example:
    Thread list says last post by UserZ

Open the thread, post count 150, last post by UserX. Force refresh (ctrl + F5), now count is 151 by UserY. Refresh again, 152 by UserZ.

Example 2:
    Thread list says last post by UserZ, 35 seconds ago
    (UserZ actually posted 40 minutes ago and there have been 3 posts since then)

This happens on 2 different PCs and different browsers (Chrome or Firefox). Both usually in private mode and not logged in to STW, but can’t say that it only happens then for certain.

It seems to happen randomly, sometimes the site’s ok and sometimes terrible.

ossify

Screenshots!

The list shows:

The last post:

Wut? Refresh page. That’s better. Now it’s:

Refresh the list at this point and it doesn’t change, still shows 2 minutes ago with a post count of 176…

However as soon as I logged in it all sprang to life and started working nicely.

martinhutch

Are pages ever going to load any faster? It’s like trying to access a webcam in 1995.

theomen

I am a full member (paid up in August 2024) but on every forum I go into I get a bloody video clip forced in the middle of the page.  I normally then move down the page to force it out of site but then it is placed on the lower right of my screen and still playing.

I thought being a full member meant you could avoid ads and such crap???

Ambrose

It’s getting a bit laughable really, this lack of visible improvement. Early on, since the great server upgrade we seemed to get regular (cf frequent) progress updates, less so now.

I have a bit of a weird relationship with this place. I like it for what it offers and have spent a lot of money supporting it in the hope that there would be the planned improvements that were offered coming down the line. But as yet I cannot see any improvements whatsoever compared with previously. And the previous service was not first rate by anyone’s standards.

I was happy to give cash to support the site but expected to see positive changes as a result.

I can post pics again- but I could do so previously.

I have the like button again- but I had it prevously.

I have threads time stamped (or whatever it’s called) agian- but I had that previously too.

But I do get my name in the back pages of the mag, despite not (knowingly) being asked. And a nice tee that I really like.

I WILL win the next raffle surely?

the-muffin-man

^^^^ All that.

And SOOOOOOO SLOOOOW this morning. I can make a brew between page refreshes.

What has happened to progress updates as well – it’s been weeks since the last one. :-(

bikesandboots

In messages I can’t switch between conversations. Only the top conversation which it loads on.

bikesandboots

Ah there’s a workaround.

Right click the user’s name in the messages sidebar, select “copy link address”, paste in the address bar, press enter.

Ambrose

Messages? What bleeding messages?

And notification of updates to a post? Don’t make me laugh!

TiRed

I was today years old when I realised that those options in the forum; overview, chat, bike, news, women are ALL real subforums. And that bike posts mentioned in news are not posted in the bike forum. I’ve never used the “overview”- I assumed it went to the magazine, and news went to the news page,  only bike and chat. Hence my Brompton thread. I looked some the bike thread and was surprised not to see anything. Of course I had not seen it in a news or overview. Perhaps this could be tidied up in the links? Aren’t all news items “bike”?

Wally

Messages still only works for a new recipient.

If you have messaged before you are stuck with the old messages, that freeze up the page. The ‘copy link address’ does not work for me. I then manually entered the name and got back into the old messages and frozen again.

chakaping

And SOOOOOOO SLOOOOW this morning. I can make a brew between page refreshes.

What has happened to progress updates as well – it’s been weeks since the last one. :-(

Can only assume they’ve given up, or don’t have any web dev personnel.

If the website is the commercial engine of the operation, it’s baffling to leave it this bad for this long.

the-muffin-man

Can’t log-in again this morning on desktop.

only device I can get in on is iPhone as that was already logged in.

Beyond a bloody joke now!  WTF is going on!!?

scotroutes

Can only assume they’ve given up, or don’t have any web dev personnel.

I was expecting a few issues as a result of the migration but the lack of progress and of updates makes me wonder if it’s the former. Maybe it’s just not possible to.improve things based on the current platform and it’s time a fundamental change was required.

chakaping

I dunno, I’m not a techie, but I’ve been working on the content side of websites for 20+ years – and this would be a top priority fix for the web devs, who would aim to have it resolved within the hour.

I suspect they don’t know how and can’t afford someone who does?

findusomally

My theory is that WordPress VIP wasn’t the right answer. Either that or some due diligence is happening…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have a red dot on the notifications. If I click, it eventually tells me I have no new notifications.  Maybe I should check my messages.

Can anyone tell me how to get to any menu that includes messages?

Chromebook and Chrome on Pixel 8.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 745 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.