Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • New Old Terminator film featuring New Old Arnie
  • GrahamS

I know it’s wrong but I’m actually quite looking forward to this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc[/video]

Revisiting the Terminator 1 & 2 era, but in alternate timelines.

legend
    Free Member

Thought it looks pretty pants tbh, expecting it to be better than 3, but then I could’ve made a better one than that.

GrahamS

Pants??? Whaaa..?

It’s got multi-Arnies, bendy Terminator, dystopian future, bad ass Connor, a somersaulting school bus, Arnie skydiving into a helicopter and much exploshunz.

Pass the popcorn!

kimbers

Nah they’ve messed up the first film, sacrelige!

IMO theyve been doing it since T2’s pop culture driven, blockbuster silliness replaced the cold nihilistic brutality of the original

Pigface
    Free Member

Doesn’t look promising IMO

GrahamS

Pffffttt… you’re all wrong. 😀

All it needs is a cameo from Summer Glau

jon1973
    Free Member

They’ve all gone down hill since the first one

GrahamS

DigitalSpy readers voted Terminator 2 the 10th greatest sci-fi movie of all time.

The original Terminator didn’t feature in the list.

Inception did though.

😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

In order T2 (easily the best), T1, T3 – the sound of music is a more exciting sci fi movie than T3. Not optimistic about this new one either.

buck53

That’s not what happens when a car hits a bus.

brakes
    Free Member

only Terminator 3 was really bad, all the others were good I think.
    but having seen Arnie’s cameos in the Expendables, I hope he’s not in the new one too much, or at least he should revert to his non-speaking role in T1.
    The T-1000 is back and that’s the most evil of the Ts so that’s promising. And Dr Who is in it, Matt Smith.
    (not watched the trailer by the way)

GrahamS

And Sarah Connor is the mother of dragons. So that’ll be handy.

richmtb

I watched T2 the other night.

Its bloody brilliant.

Most of the stunts are just that, stunts. No CGI trickery, they really did smash a motorbike through a window aimed at a helicopter and launch a sodding great truck into a drainage canal.

Its got a nice aesthetic too, very cold lots of blue tones, lots of contrast between light and dark.

The Arnie as surrogate father plot line and Sarah Connor being ridiculously po-faced (although Linda Hamilton was married to James Cameron at the time so you can’t really blame her for not smiling) are its only flaws.

The new one looks like a laugh, but it will probably be shite like the last two

martinhutch

So they’re going to spend half the film explaining why the first three films never happened?

back2basics
    Free Member

Arnies only good when he’s got a good director behind him, otherwise he’s just playing himself.

T3 was much better though than that frikin christian bale effort!!!!!!!!!!!

GrahamS

So they’re going to spend half the film explaining why the first three films never happened?

Don’t think they need to. It’s just “alternate timeline” aka Timey Wimey Stuff ™

From the looks of the trailer they acknowledge that T1 and T2 happened but in a different timestream.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll be watching.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Could be an interesting summer with the new Mad Max film out too.

[video]http://youtu.be/iO0jUAzOsV8[/video]

jimjam
    Free Member

The new Terminator film looks gash. Just like every other recent remake. The Terminator was a slick, taught sci-fi thriller. T2 was a bit bloated, but very enjoyable all the same. T3 was just tripe, and Salvation was a confused mess.

This almost looks like a parody of a Terminator film as directed by Michael Bay.

legend
    Free Member

T3 was much better though than that frikin christian bale effort!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to pretend that T3 – aka The ‘Funny’ Terminator – never happened.
    At least T4 showed something new and different……. and had Bale’s infamous melt-down

GrahamS

Mad Max reboot looks good.

Needs more Tina Turner though.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

T2 is a watershed for modern cinema for me.

It marked the beginning of “Character development? Blow some shit up!! More CGI!! Hey, I’ve got this guy called Michael Bay on the line…”

scruff
    Free Member

Riot Grrrl.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^ Steven Tyler from Aerosmith ^^

DrRSwank
    Free Member

So old Arnie is in the past already waiting to save people from young Arnie who has been sent back from the future?

And slightly less old Arnie made an appearance in T3.

And a more middle aged Arnie made an appearance in T2.

Surely at this rate, by T10 the modern day will be populated solely by Arnies of varying ages. Surely meaning the machines have won by default.

GrahamS

So old Arnie is in the past already waiting to save people from young Arnie who has been sent back from the future?

He’s only old on the outside. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, see?
    That Arnie has been there a while, so the living tissue has aged like everyone elses.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

The trailer for Mad Max looks good, mainly due to the soundtrack of guns and engines. But i suspect the film will be the usual mix of guns cars and explosions with a big punch up at the end.

Ditto the Terminator, except with the addition of some time-travel paradox mumbo jumbo that doesn’t make any sense (does it ever??).

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

He’s only old on the outside. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, see?
    That Arnie has been there a while, so the living tissue has aged like everyone elses.

Why does he feel the need to shave? He’s a Terminator. Or can Terminators not grow beards?

GrahamS

I guess when you are an unstoppable killing machine from the future you don’t need facial hair to feel manly? 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Huge fanbouy here, I’ll wait with baited breath. 8)

jimjam
    Free Member

GrahamS

I guess when you are an unstoppable killing machine from the future you don’t need facial hair to feel manly?

But when you’re an unstoppable killing machine why are you concerned about your facial hair at all?

Euro
    Free Member

Livine dissue over a medal endoskelagton

Fixinator

That trailer confuses the hell out of me (no sound in work so that probably doesn’t help). What the heck is meant to be going on? Is it set in the 1984 like the original? Why are the police cars not from that era if it is? Where did all Arnies come from? Weren’t the old ones all destroyed? Why send back the T1000 when they have a newer version?

I have to go see it to try and make sense of this.

GrahamS

Why are the police cars not from that era if it is?

Alternate timeline.

Where did all Arnies come from?

Alternate timeline.

Weren’t the old ones all destroyed?

In an alternate timeline.

Why send back the T1000 when they have a newer version?

The new one was crap. Alternate timeline. 😀

Euro
    Free Member

Alternative timeline my arse!!!

The future script has not been written. There is no fate script but what we make for ourselves.

legend
    Free Member

But when you’re an unstoppable killing machine why are you concerned about your facial hair at all?

Artificial intelligence innit! he/it’s artificially intelligent enough to know that he/it doesn’t want to look like anyone off here!

*shudders* T5 – Arnie comes back in time to ride his fixie full-sus fat bike with drop bars and crap cable routing and he WILL. NOT. STOP. riding the red route!

GrahamS

“All right, listen. The Terminator’s an infiltration unit: part man, part machine. Underneath, it’s a hyper-alloy combat chassis, microprocessor-controlled. Fully armored; very tough. But outside, it’s living human tissue: flesh, skin, hair, blood – grown for the cyborgs. “

Infiltration is part of his basic programming. He has skin to help him blend in. He wouldn’t blend in with a ZZ Top beard.

Or “funny” glasses.

Cougar

The T-800 is an infiltration unit. Unless he’s planning on infiltrating a hobo camp or an army of Father Christmases he should probably make an effort to look inconspicuous (which is tricky in itself when you look like Arnie).

EDIT: simultaneous post, what he said. ^^

jimjam
    Free Member

Ah I see. Infiltration unit. So, I presume at some point he must infiltrate a biker gang, since he’s still dressed in leathers. His superior artificial intelligence and infiltration skills have deemed that he’ll look inconspicous as a 67 year old, clean shaven biker. Yes, that completely stands up to scrutiny.

Or rather, the film makers didn’t even have the wit or bravery to contemplate changing how the Terminator might look if it “aged”. God it looks bad.

GrahamS

he’s still dressed in leathers. His superior artificial intelligence and infiltration skills have deemed that he’ll look inconspicous as a 67 year old, clean shaven biker.

In the young Arnie interception scene he’s just wearing a hoodie and a leather jacket. That’s what I regularly wear as a nearly 40 year old. 😀

In the helicopter scene he has grey hair, wrinkles and just has a black canvas jacket on.

scotroutes

Did they shoot it Aviemore when “Thunder in the Glens” is on?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘New Old Terminator film featuring New Old Arnie’ is closed to new replies.