Home Forums News New Gee vid alert! ‘Ridgeline V: Resistance’

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New Gee vid alert! ‘Ridgeline V: Resistance’
    Ben_Haworth

Gee Atherton and his with the latest Ridgeline episode. Filmed in the frankly stunning surrounds of Engelberg-Titlis, Switzerland. https://youtu.be/HY

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

New Gee vid alert! ‘Ridgeline V: Resistance’

justinbieber

OK. That was properly impressive. The riding section at 7:40 genuinely made me wince – one of the gnarliest things I think I’ve ever seen. So damn cool

kayak23

Incredible scenery. Great watch.

zerocool

Wow

grahamt1980

The bit on the grass ridge made my legs feel weird

mtbfix

I found myself waiting for a final run that would tie it all together, which never came. The highest consequence section seemed to be getting a group off an unfamiliar mountain in the dark. Beautiful scenery though and amazing footage that would have been unthinkable a decade ago when a helicopter would have been required.

weeksy

This got torn apart more than the Gen2 Privateer over on PB comments…

How and why, i have no idea at all…  Personally i thought it was brilliant.

Only thing that confused me was that they didn’t for some of it use a Heli. I get they wanted to put the effort in and make it worthwhile… but well, they could have done that and had more camera time.

ads678

Yeah, seems like there should be a part 2. Didn’t really do anything for me, he’s an amazing rider and up for anything, but that video kind of left me feeling a bit “yeah what ev’s, why didn’t you just do a reccy without the bike first, rather than putting your team at risk…..”

Just wasn’t enough riding imo.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Old school f around & find out.

Kind of stuff we used to do back in the day. Love it. Not overly scripted or planned.

Those PB comments are just typical lame armchair heroes. Don’t like the way G & his friends do things? Go watch something else.

colournoise

As much as I liked that and thought the riding was as skillful and gutsy as ever from Gee, it did smack a bit of ‘we’ve put all this effort in and now don’t even have enough footage for a banging edit – what can we edit together that means we haven’t wasted everyone’s time?’.

His more recent output always feels like a ‘riders’ rider’ thing. If you’re in the know it’s obvious the level he’s riding at, but for a casual viewer it maybe doesn’t look that exciting or impressive?

nickjb
    Free Member

To echo some of the above, it did feel like they were looking for a ride primarily that was good to film and this was a film about them filming it. Great location and lovely scenery, though.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The photo epic article on PB is better than the actual video IMHO. Some stunning shots that show the massiveness of it all more than the video seems to do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.