Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 231 total)
  • New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Cool, I was trying to find an email address for them to ask about stock on a 150mm/30.9 but I don’t seem to be able to find one.?

Anyone know what one ups warranty is like?

dumbbot
    Free Member

Well I phoned pedal addiction today and they only have one 170mm/31.6 in stock, not what I need. They won’t be expecting more stock till end of the month everyone else is…and no guarantee that date is accurate.

I’m now in the dilemma of desperately needing a dropper, wait or take a chance on something else.

nixie

Damn could have ordered that one (but have fitted the transfer now).

Have you measured just how much space you do have? There is info floating around that gives the lengths so you may find other posts will fit at 150mm.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Yes I need 150/30.9mm, for the one up dropper that is.

There are bottle bosses on the seat tube which factor into things.

ogden
    Free Member

Pushed back to 01/08 now on UBYK

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

After this latest delay, I gave up and have just ordered a Transfer instead.

wwaswas

Pushed back to 01/08 now on UBYK

They’re still claiming mid-July for existing orders and that one-up have been responsible for the shipping delays.

I’m just taking the view that all the first batch posts will have had 3 months field testing before I even get mine…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

One up themselves are saying 17th July.

DROPPER POST – V1

nixie

After this latest delay, I gave up and have just ordered a Transfer instead.

As did I. Very happy with it so far.

ogden
    Free Member

They’re still claiming mid-July for existing orders and that one-up have been responsible for the shipping delays.

Where are they saying this? I couldn’t even get a response to my email.

poah
    Free Member

I’m happy to wait. Can’t get a different 150mm post that will fit

wwaswas

Where are they saying this?

In response to my emails.

geex
    Free Member

Can’t get a different 150mm post that will fit

if you mean insertion depth/overall length, The brand X 150mm dropper is actually shorter than the One-up.
    One up don’t take the actuator into account when measuring. Brand X do.

poah
    Free Member

425 mm V 410 for the oneup.

geex
    Free Member

Yes. but the oneup’s actuator adds more than 15mm to the length and isn’t included in their measurements.

nixie

From the posts above its the bottle bosses that are the issue. Doubt they will be an issue for the activator (assuming bolts removed).

geex
    Free Member

^^ I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying.

The BrandX post is shorter saddle rails to bottom of post AND to the actuator

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone received a post from UBYK yet? I see that the took the payment on the 20th. Last time I ordered from them they didn’t provide any sort of deispatch or tracking number.

wwaswas

Just emailed UBYK;

We’re just waiting on our delivery clearing customs, and we will have it before the end of the week. As soon as we do we will then have it shipped straight out to you.

ogden
    Free Member

Only a month and a half after they first said they would have them. This has happened both times I’ve bought from UBYK. If it wasn’t for the STW discount I wouldn’t have bothered using them.

poah
    Free Member

Yes. but the oneup’s actuator adds more than 15mm to the length and isn’t included in their measurements

actuator isn’t what stops the post.  the brand X would be too long.  I looked at the lengths

jim25

STW discount on ubyk stuff?? Bummer, I ordered some stuff last night. Didn’t know about that

wwaswas

On the plus side – have any obvious issues arisen for those that do have one in the two months I’ve been waiting?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nope, 3 months in & it’s fine. Been used a lot 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Only a month and a half after they first said they would have them.

In defence of ubyk that’s entirely down to oneup. Poor comms and the like are on the retailers head but the retailer being told a date by the supplier and passing it on to your customers I’d say is i smidgen foolish but certainly not anything more than that on ubyk’s part.

STW discount on ubyk stuff?? Bummer, I ordered some stuff last night. Didn’t know about that

You don’t qualify as you’re not a “P” I’m afraid and (IME) it rarely works anyhow as it’s only valid against full rrp items and most things are listed at least a few pence below so they don’t qualify.

frogstomp

Just had a dispatch email from Ubyk for my post.. 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

I popped into Evans today and they’re expecting mine in tomorrow 🙂

wooderson

STMUYK05 worked for me last week when I ordered my dropper. Fingers crossed my post ships next week as my saggy reverb is sucking to fun out of my rides 🙁

wooderson

Ubyk account now says order disptched having ordered last Saturday. Excited!

ogden
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday having ordered a month and a half ago. 170 drop fit my large Capra 29 no problem. It looks like a really nice bit of kit and worked flawlessly on my first ride.

I’ve seen a few reviews saying that the lever isn’t that good, but I really like it. Leaver comes with a shim as well which is a bonus, not that I need it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Mine arrived Friday, installed in the evening and then taken out for a ride yesterday. Seems to work well, feels well finished, i liked the lever but their torque specs are a bit high for the bolts i think.

nairnster
    Free Member

Just ordered one to replace an external Brand X with loads of rotational play, which was a replacement for an internal brand x which freaked like a bastardo.

Fingers crossed.

submarined
    Free Member

Well, my 6 month old Brand X XL developed an inch or so of sag, went back, and now they’re out of stock so have refunded me. Took a punt and have ordered a 170mm OneUp as I’m so impressed with the quality and thought put into the EDC I bought last month.

ogden
    Free Member

Just ordered one to replace an external Brand X with loads of rotational play, which was a replacement for an internal brand x which freaked like a bastardo.

Fingers crossed.

How much play did your brand x play develop? Mine had a fair bit but I’m not sure if I’m just being picky

Milkie
    Free Member

Does anyone have the measurement from seat collar to bottom of post including actuator?

I currently have a 150mm Reverb Stealth, but 2″ of post sticks out the seat collar (after removing the thingamajic), so I can’t slam it down and be cool as ****.  😉

nairnster
    Free Member

The nose of the saddle moves about 10 degrees to each side from pointing straight ahead.  The play is very loose too.  I can feel it when i stand up as the saddle moves about going over bumps.

Once the One up arrives the brand x will be going back under warranty.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Evans are reporting stock on the 150mm 30.9 version – they say they’ve picked mine so I should be safe…

poah
    Free Member

ordered mine from ubyk on the 29th and got my shipping conformation this morning.  150mm with standard bar remote.

nairnster
    Free Member

Mine is hopefully being delivered this afternoon.

I say hopefully, as the courier is Hermes

nairnster
    Free Member

Well it’s arrived and fitted with a wolftooth lever.

Feels spongy to operate and it has some rotational play at the saddle.  Doesn’t feel better than either of the brand x droppers did when brand new.  Time will tell .

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components’ is closed to new replies.