Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 231 total)
  • New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components
  • AlexSimon

Some very interesting features – mainly the low stack height and ability to shim it down to a specific length travel.

Hard to be certain without a video, but it looks like you could buy a 170mm, find it goes slightly beyond your comfortable riding position and then shim it down to e.g. 165mm

https://int.oneupcomponents.com/collections/dropper-posts

Shame it’s internal-only as it would be perfect for my CX/adventure bike (apart from the weight).

They’ve been praising 9point8 droppers in the past, but I don’t know whether this is a collaboration or not.

frogstomp

Looks interesting, and reasonably priced.. tempting but no mention of service intervals or serviceability so would be a bit of a punt…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Got the email, it looks very interesting and competitively priced. Low stack and the ability to tune the drop by anywhere from 0 to 50 mm using a shim is a good idea.  If I was in the market for a dropper it would be on the list. I e always found them good for spares backup too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlexSimon

The build quality of the multi-tool in their EDC is absolutely superb, so I’m hopeful for this.

Although droppers seem to be one of the trickiest things to get right – even long term mag reviews don’t really give the full picture.

Saying that – I’m reasonably light on kit.

Del

170 is a win for many i would expect. the lever looks ‘very’ similar to e thirteen’s.

geex
    Free Member

Ordered one earlier

woodster

Oooh. I’ve been easily avoiding wanting to upgrade to a longer dropper as they’ve seemed expensive or unreliable, but I’m a big fan of OneUp’s products.

Don’t see my Transfer going anywhere until it’s been out and about a while though.

Bigmantrials

I have just ordered a 31.6 x 170mm, running  a shimmed 30.9 post on my frame at the moment which I was not overly happy about, at £180ish I thought it was worth a try, like others have said, the Oneup stuff tends to be pretty well thought out and the quality of parts I have had from them has always been good.

martinhutch

That’s interesting – looks like potentially stiff competition for the Bikeyoke Revive, which was the go-to for bikes with less room for a long dropper body – the dimensions appear to be as good or even better, plus you can adjust it down by 5mm if you get your sums wrong and still get more travel.

Northwind

Really looks well thought out, most of the other new droppers lately have seemed pretty pointless but the extra features are actually useful here. And Oneup don’t usually seem to muck about

nixie

Just worth noting the headline price is sans lever ($49 extra for lever).

Interested to see how the reviews go.

Kamakazie

Could be a great option if the reliability holds up. Really like the shim option to maximise drop.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

I’ve been really impressed with oneup stuff upto now, so ordered one on the strength of that, has some features that look good, my 150 transfer only just fits in the frame without bottoming out, with quite a bit stuck out so a 170 with a lower insert depth should work for me.

price seems reasonable too, and the GFs reverb has just died so she can inherit the transfer, so it’s all win (provided it actually works well)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The build quality of the multi-tool in their EDC is absolutely superb, so I’m hopeful for this.

Although droppers seem to be one of the trickiest things to get right – even long term mag reviews don’t really give the full picture.

I think that is it really, droppers are in a different ball park to multi tools, my general rules is don’t buy the first go wait for the eager Beta testers to set up, and they have 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Interested to see how the reviews go.

Not sure i’ve ever seen a meaningful dropper review (other than Pinkbike slaughtering the old Crank Bros). They all go up and down nicely, it’s the longer term feedback that’s the important bit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pickbike has some longer term reviews kicking around, useful for those who don’t want the first batch of something, first look reviews are the same for nearly all products and let you know what box fresh feels like.

The STW bike ones where they get the test bike 4th or 5th out of the UK media are fairly decent in terms of riding something that’s had a bit of a life.

wrecker
    Free Member

Where are they available in the UK?

survivor

At about twice the price you can have a spacer adjustable 9point8 post which is home serviceable. Mmmmm

frogstomp

Internals are a fully sealed, replaceable cartridge ($80) by the sounds of it and it comes with a 2 year warranty.

Should’ve ordered one yesterday when I got the email.. out of stock in the size and lever I want now.

Wrecker – they are (were) available on the OneUp website, dispatched from a UK warehouse.. also available from Ubyk.

wrecker
    Free Member

Thanks dude

letmetalktomark

Ive taken a punt on one.

I was planning on going with a Brand X XL and changing out the remote.

This option was very similar cost wise and the One Up stuff I have is very nice plus the same  2 year warranty.

Fingers crossed!

Poopscoop

A dropper is an item I really don’t want to be one of the first to buy. Lol

Good luck to all that have pulled the trigger though. No pun intended!

nixie

I’ve taken a punt as well, fromt eh measurements vs my Vyron I should be able to fit a 170mm drop in the space of my current 150mm!

Still listed as in stock on UBYK for the 170,,x31.6,, (I don’t need it urgently so not worried if have to wait). Even better though is the STW P discount so it was a cool £166 including remote!

wwaswas

Will any cable remote work or does it have a specific pull requirement?

nixie

Dunno, remotes seem pretty interchangeable to me (given the number of aftermarket options). Isn’t any indexing at the post end normally?

wwaswas

I’ve taken a chance – £135 for a 170mm dropper I can adjust if necessary seems a good deal 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

When you look on Ubyk and see the price of all the other posts, they look ridiculous! Why would anyone buy something for twice as much, or more? Just for a fancy coloured stanchion?

Did you have to ring em to get the STW P discount, nixie?

AlexSimon

The blurb mentions using any cable remote (or using theirs for other droppers)

wwaswas

There’s a code in the premier page up there ^ I just put that in at the checkout.

nixie

There’s a code in the premier page up there ^ I just put that in at the checkout.

Thats what I did as well.

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, thanks chaps 🙂

oikeith

Needs to clamp the cable at the lever end. I think the norm for most brands is to clamp at the dropper base and the cable base to sit in the lever. I think the wolftooth and CrankBros remotes both clamp at the lever, not sure on other brands.

£133! Christ I might have a look myself!

wwaswas

I’ve got a Giant one that does that so should be ok.

frogstomp

Anyone had a dispatch notification from Ubyk yet? They’re usually spot on but..

I’ve got a Giant one

andyrm
    Free Member

Interestingly, thought the top bushing looked like a Brand X or PNW one. Just made a shim from the image on the site, and it fits either of the above 2 posts perfectly. Means my Brand X 150 dropper is now 142 which is what I needed, but longer term will be getting one of the One Up ones when the 170 34.9 is back in stock 👍

nixie

Anyone had a dispatch notification from Ubyk yet?

No, not expecting they actually had stock.

roverpig

Anyone had a dispatch notification from Ubyk yet?

No nothing yet, which is somewhat annoying as I should have everything else for a new build by the middle of the week. If they weren’t really in stock they could at least have informed those who ordered them that there would be a delay. I see they are now showing 18th of May as the date for orders, although it was “in stock” when I ordered. I guess I now need to work out how to cancel the order and look at alternatives.

nixie

I’m hoping they pull their finger out and indicate one way or the other. I’ve no problem ordering something that is not in stock but hate it when the companies comms are dire (Tredz are really good for this sort of thing, rapid emails telling you the item needs ordering and realistic time frames for when you will get it along we updates along the way).

As I said above I had zero expectation they actually had stock, but given its 3 working days now since order there should have been some kind of status update. Fortunately I’m not in any particular hurry.

ogden
    Free Member

Sounds like the same experience I had with UBYK when I ordered my brand x post from them, it took them over a month to get it in stock and send it, despite the fact it said it was in stock when I ordered.

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

If it makes you feel any better I haven’t had a dispatch notice, and I ordered directly from OneUp

probably takes a bit of time for the new stock to filter through the system, im prepared to wait a bit longer before chasing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts