Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components
  • zinger
    Free Member

Mine just arrived direct from one up -they didn’t have the lever i wanted in stock (still running 2x) so i will reuse a lever from one of my old posts , looks like a solid bit of kit, and i get an extra 2 cm of drop compared to my old 150mm post 😎

No Cable housing or gear cable included – I assume you get that if you order the lever ?

mda

My lever arrived direct from OneUp a couple of days ago, includes outer and inner cables.  Nice design and no probs installing (other than the internal cable routing).

letmetalktomark

Post and remote turned up today direct from One Up.

Its very nice in the metal.

probably could have gotten away with the 170mm.

Just to fit it now.

roverpig

Great. If you early-adopters can get on with fitting these and report back on all the problems, I should be able to cancel my order before UKBYK even get round to shipping it 🙂

tish
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday but it’s just to long to run at 150mm on my frame so it’s going back and I’m sticking with my 125mm reverb. So if anyone needs a 31.6 x 150 with standard handlebar clamp give us a shout before I send it back.

zinger
    Free Member

so why don’t you buy the shim when they are back in stock – to make that adjustment if its only just too long….

DROPPER POST SHIM

Roverpig i’ll fit mine tonight – but who knows how long it will take for problems to present – I’ve had problems with almost every dropper I’ve owned – KSLev, kronolog, highline, reverb, giant contact switch sl , only post I’ve not had a problem with is my old faithful gravity dropper post on my winter bike. Its a shame GD see to have stopped developing and refining their posts

ogden
    Free Member

Mine arrived yesterday but it’s just to long to run at 150mm on my frame so it’s going back and I’m sticking with my 125mm reverb. So if anyone needs a 31.6 x 150 with standard handlebar clamp give us a shout before I send it back.

Isnt the whole idea you reduce it with a shim?

ogden
    Free Member

Also is it possible to buy from one up directly in £ or do you have to pay in $?

andyrm
    Free Member

so why don’t you buy the shim when they are back in stock – to make that adjustment if its only just too long….

^^This. Or make a shim (like I did last week for my Brand X which seemingly shares the internals). The dimensions of the shim are 52mm high, 48mm wide so if you print off a scale picture of the shim you can make one. I used a bit of plastic from the lid of a Chinese carton and it works perfectly.

tish
    Free Member

By the time I’ve put a shim in it it there wouldn’t be enough difference to warrant changing posts. I’m happy with the reverb and it’s working fine but I was hoping to get more travel. I would shim it if mine was broke but for the sake of 10-15mm I’ll just wait till my reverb needs replacing.

paton
    Free Member

oikeith

I would shim it if mine was broke but for the sake of 10-15mm I’ll just wait till my reverb needs replacing.

You purchased the post for the sake of 25mm, surely 10-15mm is still an improvement? If you can make the shim from a takeaway lid as suggested, this sounds less hassle then sending it back!

roverpig

Roverpig i’ll fit mine tonight – but who knows how long it will take for problems to present

Thanks. I was just kidding of course. As you say, reliability is the main thing as they all work fine when they work. Just wish Ukbyk would get their act together and at least update people who have placed an order with the expected delivery date.

nixie

Just wish Ukbyk would get their act together and at least update people who have placed an order with the expected delivery date.

So do I!

DezB
    Free Member

Capable of bollock crunching return speed going by the video demo! 🙂

nixie

Right got bored by the lack of update from Ubyk so have asked them to cancel my order.

Post is also now on Evans site with a closer expected delivery date. Their description is not clear if remote is included but live chat thought it was. Price is very good if it includes the remote. Not so good if its without. Taken a punt on a post+remote arriving as their new BC discount can be stacked with discounted gift cards I can buy and the sum cost would be the same even if I have to buy a remote separately.

wwaswas

Reply from Ubyk following a chase:

This is a brand new item and Oneup haven’t yet made their first shipment. It is due in the next 2 weeks, and as soon as it arrives we will be able to get your order processed and shipped.

nixie

Yeah they have a delivery date listed on the site now. When I ordered they didn’t. Its the lack of communication of the fact it wasn’t due for a while which is frustrating. I’m happy to wait for things if an expectation is set. Chasing should not be required.

martinhutch

Capable of bollock crunching return speed going by the video demo!

Not sure about the klaxon that sounds when it tops out though.

wwaswas

give me a minute.
    uggggghh-
    i just clipped a bollock on the saddle…

@forest_fr1ends on twitter

geex
    Free Member

Anyone desperate for a 170×31.6 with SRAM MMX lever ?
    I have one spare here. Brand new unused.
    I have a returns number to send it back but if anyone here wants it PM me before Monday.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I took a punt on one, as my 2.5 year old KS Lev Integra was not playing ball much any more, getting stuck at  points, it was a right pain when racing the last 2 weekends. The stanchion had some key way scoring so it wasn’t really viable to repair in terms of cost.

Anyway, post was delivered this week but I’ve only just got round to fitting it. Decided to buy the lever too, as the KS one was junk and my cheap Bontrager one was a really awkward shape so didn’t fancy re-using that either.

Fitting was quick and easy, however the lever was a PITA, it’s every so slightly oversize, so unless I cranked it crazy tight it would slip. I ran a strip of tape under it and it’s fine now. In terms of feel, it’s lovely. Much better than any other dropper lever I have tried. Looking forward to the extra 20mm drop now too.

Lets see if it lasts 🙂

AlexSimon

I think next time my reverb needs a major service (about £60) I’ll get one of these instead – unless long-term problems surface of course!

zinger
    Free Member

Been out on the bike with the one up dropper post 5 times now covering around 100 miles mainly around the surrey hills, with a lot of up and down seat post action,and its been performing great, no creeping backup, no sagging down , post action is not too fast going back and theres a positive clunk when  it tops out, seat clamp is working great – no creaking or movement of saddle rails, I’m using a highline lever which works well- I dont think the CB highline will be going back on my bike unless the oneup breaks (bought the oneup while my highline was off for warranty after losing 15mm of travel)

jsinglet

Fitted mine last night. Cable routing in my Specialized Enduro was a nightmare but that’s not the fault of the post.

The OneUp is very hard to push, and despite putting 280psi in the post it doesn’t come back up very quickly.

The cable got a bent during the install process so I might replace that, just in case that causes the stiffness in the lever, but has anyone else had similar issues?

nixie

Have you done your seat clamp up too tight?

martinhutch

The OneUp is very hard to push, and despite putting 280psi in the post it doesn’t come back up very quickly.

The cable got a bent during the install process so I might replace that, just in case that causes the stiffness in the lever, but has anyone else had similar issues?

Some posts do need cable tension just right so that they don’t either slip down slightly, or return at snail’s pace. The fact you’re having trouble dropping it as well suggests a full press of the lever isn’t quite unlocking it.

Unless the seat clamp is too tight, as above, I’d try adding a tiny bit more tension at the barrel adjuster to see if it makes a difference.

With 280 psi in it you will certainly notice if that sorts it out. What’s the max recommended pressure? That sounds awfully high.

jsinglet

Pressure range is 250-300! I thought it high too. Also the one up docs don’t even mention air – it was only after seeing a youtube install video from a third party that I even saw where the air valve was.

Just noticed a mistype though, it’s not exceptionally hard to push the seat down, it’s hard to push the lever, I’m not even sure I’m managing to push the lever all the way so that might explain the slow return.

martinhutch

Oh, that does sound like you have a kink in your cable. Probably the easiest way to test the return is trying it with loosened seat clamp, then take it out and manually actuate it. Then you’ll know if you have a cable/lever issue rather than something up with the internals.

roverpig

Has anybody received theirs from Ubyk yet? I ordered from them on the day it was released (so almost a month ago now), but no sign of it yet 🙁

jsinglet

Oh, that does sound like you have a kink in your cable. Probably the easiest way to test the return is trying it with loosened seat clamp, then take it out and manually actuate it. Then you’ll know if you have a cable/lever issue rather than something up with the internals.

Will try a new cable tonight. I’m not sure how to manually activate it as there’s nothing to pull, the cable sits sort of inside a housing.

Has anybody received theirs from Ubyk yet? I ordered from them on the day it was released (so almost a month ago now), but no sign of it yet

Mine came from oneup ordered Wednesday night and shipped Thursday.

zinger
    Free Member

When i installed my post It was slow to rise initially as the seat post collar was too tight

I didn’t even know there was an air valve for the post – i’m not going to take my saddle off to look for it but this vid does show some one putting air in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vv-sBnZBs0

Its odd that the oneup site does not have any info about the air valve – anyone found any official info on it ?

roverpig

Mine came from oneup ordered Wednesday night and shipped Thursday.

OK, thanks. They are still showing 31.6×170 as sold out, so I guess that’s fair enough. I’ll just have to wait.

wwaswas

Contacted ubyk again – they’re saying still a couple of weeks to wait – this is for a 30.9 170mm.

Looking on One-Up’s site they say: <span class=”st”>SOLD OUT ITEMS AVAILABLE END OF JUNE </span>

Which isn’t very reassuring…

nixie

Been in contact with Evans today, they are not expecting the 31.6x170mm till the end of the month.

roverpig

Yes, but which month 🙂

nixie

Indeed.

geex
    Free Member

I still have a brand new boxed and unused 31.6 x 170 post with SRAM compatible remote if anyone wants it. PM me.

tomaso
    Free Member

Has anyone got theirs yet?

nixie

Evans getting first lot of stock this week apparently.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components’ is closed to new replies.