Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 231 total)
  • New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components
  • roverpig

Nope. Ordered mine from ubyk the day they were released and still waiting! I think they said early June the last time I rang.

zinger
    Free Member

You should have bought direct – I’ve got a 170mm 30.9 which is working great, and last week i ordered a 150mm 30.9 with shimano i shifter for the wife’s bike which arrived in just 2 days from oneup…..

nixie

No discount available direct though.

b45her
    Free Member

well if your that tight you’ll have to wait. would you sell to direct customers for a far higher profit or to a shop for less if it was your business.

ta11pau1

Any reports on what the dropper lever is like? I’ve got a Brand X dropper at the moment with the Brand X lever, the post is great but the lever is pretty rubbish, it’s getting more and more wobbly as the weeks go on, so looking to replace it with either the Oneup lever (£38 with cables is great value) or the Wolftooth remote, but I’m not sure if the Wolftooth is worth nearly double the price when you add an inner cable.

Hows the action on the Oneup lever with it being more inboard than normal?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 22.4px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>No discount available direct though.</span>

For the sake of saving a tenner, and the aggro of endlessly chasing someone, it would have been easier to just buy the post & use it for the last 6 weeks 🙂

<span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #222222; font-family: ‘Open Sans’; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 22.4px; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>Any reports on what the dropper lever is like? </span>

I would say it’s probably the best dropper post lever I have used in function. The clamp is a bit ropey on mine, as in it’s ever so slightly oversized, but I just ran a wrap of tape under it & it hasn’t moved now.

qwerty
    Free Member

Re: Brand X lever, you get a better lever and ease of cable install if you use a Bontrager Drop Line lever. If you remove the cable securing grub screw from the Brand X post and drill it out to open it up to accept the cable nipple you can then run the cable the other way around and secure it at the lever as Bontrager intended (hope that makes sense). Add a bit of grip tape to the lever for added enduro.

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/seatposts-seat-clamps-c86/drop-line-dropper-seatpost-under-bar-lever-p17260/s51204?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=bontrager-drop-line-dropper-seatpost-lever-w532879&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=Cj0KCQjwxtPYBRD6ARIsAKs1XJ7AjtneQbev5VhFoeelOxX9bN22Vhid9vyRG61QvAMN0Rk8e9wWNOoaAnY9EALw_wcB

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The trouble is, the Bontrager lever, although cheap, is nasty to use. Ergonomically designed by a monkey.

qwerty
    Free Member

I love the Bonty lever, but anything is better after owning a std Reverb lever, and I am a 🐒

ta11pau1

I’d seen the Bonty lever but tbh I want one that is matchmaker/i-spec compatible – does the cable supplied with the one-up lever have a large round (brake) nipple or a smaller gear cable nipple?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Gear cable from memory.

andyl
    Free Member

whats the best option for connecting to Ispec B brakes (Hope but also valid for Shimano that many have I guess)

nixie

Wolftooth remote?

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Got one of these a couple of weeks ago, seems to be spot on so far.  One issue I did have was I ordered the MMX lever with the intention of fitting to the Hope MMX adaptor on my brakes.  However it doesn’t fit, the Hope adapter tries to simplify fitting by being made to bolt directly to one of the 2 holes in the dropper/shifter lever rather than use the cupped adapter that SRAM use to fit under the lever clamp.  This worked fine on the BikeYoke lever I was using with my Reverb but the mounting on the OneUp lever is flush and will not sit in the Hope adapter.

I ended up switching for a Wolftooth as this all happened just a couple of days out from GT7 and OneUp delivery wasn’t going to get the clamp adapter to me in time.  I might still get the clamp and try the OneUp lever as I think it might sit nicer under the brake lever.

Just a heads up for any Hope users.. 🙂

ta11pau1

Ahh, see that’s an issue – I currently have Deore brakes (i-Spec II) with a shimano SLX shifter, I’ll be swapping to Hope tech 3 levers at some point, most probably on this bike, with the same SLX shifter – then before or after swapping bikes I’ll be going to SRAM eagle with matchmaker…

I think the Hope adaptors mount directly to the shifter body so the wolftooth/oneup remotes won’t work, however they also make a full replacement rear clamp section which has the sram matchmaker mount built in which looks like it’ll work…

nixie

The Tech 3 levers are directly compatible with ispec A (or maybe B) I think. The wolf tooth remote should attach to that.

From page

‘Shimano I-Spec A shifters can be fitted directly to lever body.’

nixie

Shimano I-Spec A shifters can be fitted directly to lever body.

From hope product page.

ta11pau1

Yeah the wolftooth remote will attach directly to the hope clamp, doesn’t look like the one-up lever will attach in any way though, after doing some reading.

And I’m not sure if those full clamps I posted are compatible with the tech 3 levers, some places list them for the older tech levers only.

Looks like it could be the wolftooth for me if I want a lever that’s fully compatible with Shimano, SRAM and hope levers.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

The trouble is, the Bontrager lever, although cheap, is nasty to use. Ergonomically designed by a monkey.

?? Mine went on when I broke a Fox Transfer lever with my knee.  Which hurt.

No trouble with the ergonomics of it – much nicer than the transfer, Brand X or the original reverb in use.

nixie

There are clamps for the tech 3 levers that do the same job. There is a compatibility chart on hopes site. I think they may only come in black though!

nixie

For the sake of saving a tenner, and the aggro of endlessly chasing someone, it would have been easier to just buy the post & use it for the last 6 weeks

Yes it would have been, if there had been any direct stock left by the time I ordered.

Seems one up are failing to fulfill deliveries to retailers at the moment.

ogden
    Free Member

How are people finding these? I’m tempted!  UBYK still shows 16/06 as when they’ll be in stock, anyone had any contact to confirm this?

ogden
    Free Member

Also, do they take money straight away if its ‘pre order’?

nixie

Evans have taken the 31.6 170mm off sale as they have no info as to when it’ll arrive. I suspect the ubyk date is unlikely.

ogden
    Free Member

Taken a punt with UBYK, they’ll disappoint me again, I know it. £166 with the remote for the 170 seemed reasonable.

nixie

In answer to your other question no they don’t take money for a pre order.

frogstomp

UBYK date now pushed back to 30/06…

nixie

Oh dear!

geex
    Free Member

I still have a 170×31.6 with SRAM MMX lever sat here boxed, brand new and unused if any of you want it.

jamj1974

Dropped you a PM geex.

nixie

Evans now showing 9/7 for stock. Direct is still showing end June.

nixie

I’ve run out of time before a big ride so changed my order at Evans. Got a fox transfer on the way instead. Just need to find a thin saddle to use with it!

dumbbot
    Free Member

Gah, im desperate to get my hands on one of these, …my crankbrothers Highline has just failed for the second time in a year from new. I dont quite have enough room for a 150mm dropper, so I dont know whether to hang on for these or buy another manufacturer’s 125mm?

If anyone see these go on sale in 30.9mm please post up.

Northwind

o/ That was me and ChrisL you were moaning at today at Glentress, good ta meetcha

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh that’s cool hope you had a good day, I’ve been moaning the face off anyone that’ll listen(even if you are not listening, I’ll still rant) about this sodding dropper for weeks now, ..such a heap of shit.

I’m still not desperate enough to buy the shite from ChrisL’s  garage floor mind.

ta11pau1

Ok, I think I’ve decided to replace the Brand X lever with a one up remote, the brand X one is slowly rotating itself around the bar even though it’s done up nice and tight, so an i-spec 2 OneUp dropper lever is going to replace it. If and when I change to Hope brakes I’ll deal with the dropper lever issue then.

Now, the real question – does anywhere actually have stock?

nixie

If you do but hope brakes then wolf tooth fits really nicely. Fitted mine today and it is so neat.

ta11pau1

Yeah the wolftooth has the i-spec a/b adaptor which the tech 3 levers can use by default, it’s a shame oneup don’t make an i-spec a/b adaptor for their lever.

Maybe by the time I get around to changing to Hope brakes there’ll be a solution.

Northwind

“I’m still not desperate enough to buy the shite from ChrisL’s garage floor mind.”

If it’s any consolation his reverb shat the bed before the end of the ride, it’s out in my garage now awaiting punishment beatings

squealer
    Free Member

Last I heard, pedal addiction cycles had them in stock about a week ago  Maybe try them ?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 231 total)

The topic ‘New dropper seatpost from OneUp Components’ is closed to new replies.