Home Forums Chat Forum Netflix recommendations

Viewing 12 posts - 4,121 through 4,132 (of 4,132 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • ossify

And can anyone tell me does the new series of Umbrella Academy get better. First episode left me cold, which is a shame as really enjoyed the earlier ones.

Yes. Give it an episode or 2, it warms up!

oldnpastit

Umbrella academy final season left me somewhat underwhelmed.

Quite a few plot lines appeared to be there mainly as fillers, and what was the ending all about?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I think it was on Prime originally but Nine Perfect Strangers is another series with Nicole Kidman that has a nice watchable / quirky what’s going on feel about it.

Couldn’t get on with it. In theory I should have liked it, I usually like a whatsgoingon as much as a whodunnit, but it just didn’t stick. I kept wishing a sinkhole would appear under the resort and consume everyone; no sinkhole after ep3, I gave up. YMMV.

binners

Into the Fire – the documentary on Netflix is absolutely insane. Completely ****ed up and a totally compelling story about what a woman is prepared to do to find what happened to her missing daughter

Not an easy watch at all, but a pretty inspiring story about about sheer bloody-mindedness and intuition

BoardinBob

Turning Point: The Bomb And The Cold War on Netflix

Fantastic documentary series linking the invention of the atomic bomb up to the current situation with Russia.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Second Into The Fire. What a monster!

kilo

Third for Into the Fire, watched it today after Binners recommendation.

kilo

Another new series to watch – Perfect Couple directed by Susanne Bier (Bird Box and a load of Dansk films) and starring Nicole Kidman as rich American woman (as usual)  and various other well known actors in other roles Bono’s daughter from Bad Sisters

Started off good but thought the ending was a bit weak.

I found Bono’s daughter to be a really weird actor, only seemed to have a few facial characteristics and to display them at the wrong time.

nicko74

Right, finished S4 of the Boys and by god it’s awful. The pacing is all over the shop, the writing is just horrendous, the storylines abysmal (Hughie’s last few episodes are just… what?!) and the gore is used to make up for it all, it seems. S5 will have to be something special to get me to watch it.

Bad Monkey wasn’t gripping me, but episode 3 is a bit of a gamechanger, definitely has me more interested now.

Still trying to persuade the OH to try more of Sherwood (“oh but it’s depressing” says the woman who loved Happy Valley). And apparently Presumed Innocent (Apple TV) is good?

Caher

Apparently The Penguin is supposed to be quite good according to the Guardian.

nuke

Apparently The Penguin is supposed to be quite good according to the Guardian.

Yeah, we watched the first episode last night and its looking very promising. Farrell was very good (although you wouldnt know it was him from looking)

e-machine
    Free Member

Yep, I thought The Penguin was excellent.

Nothing like I was expecting; no sign of Batman or other sillyness. More like a gangster/mafia series.

Can’t wait for the next episode.

Viewing 12 posts - 4,121 through 4,132 (of 4,132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.