Home Forums Bike Forum NBD Felt Breed content

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • NBD Felt Breed content
    Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d been toying with getting a road bike for a year or so….mainly because where I live (Cheshire) there’s lots of good road riding from my door. Far less gravel or MTB.

Anyway, after a thread on here a few months back, people were saying what a good deal the Felt Breed at Merlin Cycles was. They’d had one returned in my size due to a small mark on the head tube…..so not only did I get a further £50 off, but the bike also came built as opposed to ‘boxed’. Absolute bargain at £999.

It arrived literally the day that I left for a month long tour of Europe so it’s maiden ride didn’t happen until today. The plan is to run two wheel sets and sell on my flat bar gravel bike. I’ve got some nice Hunt gravel wheels so will run those with gravel tyres on (need to get another cassette as this is a 2 x 12 setup, prior setup was 1 x 11).

Anyway, first ride today was absolutely awesome: I’m yet again ‘rediscovering’ riding this year after a couple of years of basically zero riding. It’s been sporadic this year, so no great bike fitness as yet. I whacked road tyres on and did 27 miles of mainly flat road and absolutely loved it. Bike feels very fast, first time in 11 years riding drop bars, so a bit of getting comfy on them again will happen hopefully. It’s GRX 2 x 12 and probably the first time in my life that I’ve ever had a bike with more than entry level equipment. The shifting is insanely good. My last road bike was a battered 2004 Specialized Allez with 8 speed Sora, so quite the step up!

Once I’ve got the gravel wheels setup I’ll get it off road and see how I feel about it then (half tempted to keep my flat bar gravel bike as it’s soooo good off-road!).

I’ll pop some pictures below if I can!

Link to bike: https://www.merlincycles.com/felt-breed-30-grx-gravel-bike-boxed-bike-316151.html

Tom-B
    Free Member

Tom-B
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Nice looking thing.

I’m more interested in how close your hose is to the BBQ – do you often need to put out flames?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ha good spot!

tthew

Where about on Cheshire are you Tom? If it’s near Northwich, Weaver Valley cycle club are doing a beginner road ride on Sunday you might enjoy. Bit less than 30 miles, cafe stop and a bit of company.

Nice bike too.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m in Eaton (Congleton) so probably a bit of a schlep to Northwich really. I do fancy riding with a group again you know. Pretty much all my riding is solo these days, about to lose my climbing partner to parenthood meaning I’ll be doing more riding I reckon.

tthew

Yeah, probably a bit far, certainly for a regular thing. Congleton have an active cycling club. By the look of their website a nice mix of different events.

spaniardclimber
    Free Member

That price is insane. I’ve been keeping an eye on the market as I am planning on getting a gravel bike via ride to work (Evans), and even with the discount this is a real bargain.

Better deal than the Silex 400/4000 (on sale) and Sonder Camino (on sale), which were the best bang for buck.

I see yours has 3 mounting point on the fork, but all pics in websites only show 1.

Tom-B
    Free Member

@spaniardclimber yeah it feels like a real bargain. Mounting points everywhere. 3 on the forks. 2 on the toptube, 4 on the down tube. 2 on the seat tube. Can’t say that I’ll be mounting much on them actually.

chakaping

Fab deal, will be a cracking bike with that wheel upgrade.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.