Home Forums Bike Forum My last ride for a very long time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • My last ride for a very long time.
    Ambrose

Oh my gosh, I have finally got a date for the surgery I need for my hip. Yippee.

October 28th or potentially earlier if I get a cancellation space. BUT…if I arrive with any skin damage (sores, cuts, scratches etc) my surgery will be postponed, possibly for up to 12 weeks.

Pre-op assessment is tomorrow at 9.00. I had a lovely ride last Saturday around Cwmyrhaedr followed by a pub lunch with the family. So that’s my most recent and thus last ride for twelve to sixteen weeks.

Blimey Charlie, the last time I didn’t get to ride for that long I was probably in nappies. I’m 62 now!

DSC_1044

DSC_1048

bails

Nice dog! Good luck with the surgery.

wheelsonfire1

Good luck, you’ll be back on the bike soon!

airvent
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for a quick recovery!

dove1

Good luck.

I hope it all goes well for you.

I have an appointment with an Orthopaedic bloke tomorrow where I should find out if I need a knee op or not.

enigmas
    Free Member

I’m in a similar boat, had a labral tear repair and removal of a cam impingement in my hip a couple of weeks ago. Probably off the bike until Christmas but was able to walk around the local nature reverse after a week which surprised me, much less pain than expected and the physio stressed the need to keep the hip moving.

Last ride was the borrowdale bash before the surgery, quite surreal being in the middle of the lakes but knowing in a few days I’d on crutches.

robertajobb

The adorable dawgie isn’t going to be impressed if they’re confined to quarters for so long !

Ambrose

Mrs A is currently using up her TOIL with a sea kayaking course in Dorset followed by a weekend in Cornwall; all prior to time off looking after MaxieDog. I’ll fend for myself I suppose. #victim, #actuallyshesblumminbrilliant!

Additional information: It was me who rehomed the dog, feeds the dog, takes the dog out for rides, throws balls for the dog, buys the dog food, grooms the dog, feeds the dog, stimulates the dog with new skills, sings (yup, really) with the dog, dances with the dog and so on and on and on. He adores MrsAmbrose, but I’m just a servant in his eyes. Such s life.

Del

blimey. good luck old chap. i never caught up with you over last week’s fun. are your boys rolling with short dark hair, and you with rather less hair and a large beard, wok smuggling outline, by any chance? :-)

Ambrose

Del you are a cheeky get!

As a family we may be slightly less ‘athletic’ but I’d not say that I’m smuggling woks tbh!  Both sons have HUGE beards but myself, no. Mrs Ambrose is very un-hirsute too.

LAT

Blimey Charlie, the last time I didn’t get to ride for that long I was probably in nappies. I’m 62 now!

all the best for the op and recovery.

I was off my bike for 4 months from early spring. it crossed my mind yesterday that that was the longest time I’d not ridden for longer than I could remember. The odd thing was, for some of that time I didn’t even think about bikes!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.