Home Forums Bike Forum MTB Accessory / Tube / Tool mount – where to get 3d printed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB Accessory / Tube / Tool mount – where to get 3d printed?
  • ribena
    Free Member

I thought about hijacking the other 3d printing thread, but thought a more useful title would be better since other people may want to use the stl I created…

I had a go at designing a MTB Accessory mount in TinkerCad so I can mount a Canyon Frame bag on another bike (they don’t sell the bracket seperate).

Anyone know of a 3D printing service that’s good for single item printing?

Most of tried end up working out more expensive than simply buying another bag from Canyon.

Or if anyones near to Shoreham/Brighton has a 3D printer and fancies printing one I can offer some money?

Here is the link if anyone fancies printing one…
    https://www.tinkercad.com/things/8Wg6E7tJv3Q-mtb-accessory-mount-water-bottle-tool-tube-holder

nickjb
    Free Member

When I last looked it was much cheaper to get a batch done. The best option was places that gave you a volume and then a fixed price for whatever you could fit inside. I see there are some people selling through ebay, might be worth a look. If you are happy to get it done in China then JLCPCB do 3D printing. I’ve used them for PCBs and the quality and service is great and much cheaper for small orders.

simon_g

I’ve got some grey PETG to use up, happy to print and post one for you.

simon_g

On the way to you! FYI (and anyone else doing similar) the little standoffs at the bottom mean you need all the rest to be supported (the green lines) which can leave a bit of an ugly finish as the surface is printing on to other filament, not the bed of the printer. Obviously not a problem on the Canyon part as it’s injection moulded.

I tried with and without, and totally forgot to take pics of what they came out like :D

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 14.02.20

Screenshot 2024-09-13 at 14.05.58

honourablegeorge

Would be better to just use washers or print the standoffs separately?

simon_g

Yes, nylon washer if you need one, but I’m not sure it’s necessary for this part anyway.

jfab

Fired one on the FDM printer at work as we had a build finishing anyway, hope you don’t mind! Will have a play this evening to mount some tools etc. to my bikepacking frame. Printed in black ABS, I’ve just broken it off the support but not done any tidying for reference:

Mount

nealc
    Free Member

..from the other thread, I just picked someone at random (well the cheapest tbh) off craftcloud.

ribena
    Free Member

Looks good @jflab. I’m new to all this 3d stuff, hopefully the bolt holes line up!

Thanks a lot for printing @simon_g.

What printer are you using btw? Keep thinking about getting one.

simon_g

I just have a Bambu Lab A1 Mini which has so far been the perfect little home printer. It’s still £170 (never went up after their sale) and it’s an absolute bargain for that.

ribena
    Free Member

Wow, it actually fits straight on and works great. Thanks for printing @simon_g

simon_g

Excellent!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.