Home Forums Chat Forum Motorhome site/parking spot recommendations

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Motorhome site/parking spot recommendations
  • justatheory
    Free Member

The Mrs and I have just bought a motorhome. We went for a test run in the Peaks last week and plan to go to The Lakes this weekend. I was wondering if anyone knew of any nice scenic spots/sites close to some good riding, ideally we’d like somewhere that isn’t too busy.

Really new to this so haven’t got much of a clue tbh. Any books or websites that anyone can recommend would be much appreciated. Need to get acquainted before we head to the continent this summer.

Stoner
    Free Member
    Muke
    Free Member

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk[/url%5D
    It has motorhome section in message forums

edlong
    Free Member

Sykeside is brilliant, just along from Brotherswater, so handy for Ullswater, Helvellyn, High Street etc. Great campsite and one of the few lake district ones I’ve ever had any luck with booking last minute days before a bank holiday.

Main downside (for some) no reception of any signals, so no tv, internet, mobile phone, not even radio….

TBH this close to the bank holiday I’d take anything I could get – if you try the ukcampsite.co.uk site they have an availability calendar that covers some sites but I’ve had sites come up as full on there but been able to book, so I’d ring any that grab your fancy on the off chance.

Sykeside details

http://www.sykeside.co.uk/camping.htm

techsmechs
    Free Member

*cough* you cannot park overnight in the Abergorlech carpark for Brecfa – Its not allowed *cough*

Obviously for another weekend….

mark90
    Free Member

I have wild camped a few times on the road that runs along the west side of Derwent water and also on the Buttermere side of Honister pass. But that was in a discrete van rather than a motorhome. You’ll be less likely to be moved on in out of the way places rather than the obvious car parks.

As mentioned most sites will be fully booked by now, especially the popular ones. One place I have had success getting on when everywhere else was full is the camp site at Dale Bottom. It’s ok with basic facilities but this close to a 4 day bank holiday there won’t be much choice.

justatheory
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, I will check them out, but definitely not Abergorlech carpark *cough*. We’ve managed to get in Sykeside (thanks edlong). Just need to decide where to ride now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Motorhome site/parking spot recommendations’ is closed to new replies.