Home Forums Chat Forum More bad gateways than a Stalingrad public footpath.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • More bad gateways than a Stalingrad public footpath.
  • brant
    Free Member

Lot of bot activity yesterday. Our WAF got hammered around lunchtime by the look of things.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pSr3hVMWAjGnFgcC9

Mark

@blokeuptheroad  No need to feel guilty, you are a paying customer.

This is the look of server activity currently. The red line also correlates very closely to my blood pressure it turns out.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 14.09.54

Mark

Same period yesterday…

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 14.11.42

sharkbait
    Free Member

No need to feel guilty, you are a paying customer.

Wow. As opposed to a second class citizen I guess.

Harry_the_Spider

Nice one, can’t have been much fun for you.

Cougar

Wow. As opposed to a second class citizen I guess.

Silence, plebeian.

poly
    Free Member

@Mark – still unusable on iOS17 and Safari today as the page keeps reloading (which probably isn’t helping your server load if everyone is loading content repeatedly).

sharkbait
    Free Member

still unusable on iOS17 and Safari today

……

Silence, plebeian.

Oh and although I’m not getting 502’s I am now getting the Privacy & Transparency popup on every page regardless of what I’ve clicked on.  Maybe this is on purpose though.

Mark

That’s not deliberate.

Which I think you know.

I’ve reported that to Ezoic as that is in their power and not ours. Hopefully fixed shortly. Also looking into Safari issues.

scotroutes

As opposed to a second class citizen I guess.

If you’re not paying, you’re not a customer.

Mark

Privacy popup should be fixed now.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

still unusable on iOS17 and Safari today as the page keeps reloading (which probably isn’t helping your server load if everyone is loading content repeatedly).

Whereas here on iOS 17 and Safari it’s better than it’s been in many an age.

the-muffin-man

Working fine on Safari for me (phone and iPad).

Both running latest iOS.

hooli

Is it just me with this issue again?

somafunk

Nah, same old shit, different day

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same issue here.

Silence, plebeian.

We prefer the term “clickers of the incredibly small x next to Keith Lemons face”

Each time we miss, the hamsters get fed.

fooman

Visualised with AI

hooli

It actually took me 4 goes to post my comment above as I kept getting the bad gateway message!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Is it just me with this issue again?

Me as well. Site is running MEGA slow as well…

Mark

It looks like we are currently experiencing a DDOS attack.

nicko74

Ohhh… that sucks :(

fooman
    Visualised with AI

Stupid AI – why’s the biker wearing a full-on hiking rucksack on a FS, doesn’t it know *anything*?!

Mark

Well after 6 hours it just stopped.

oldtennisshoes

Stupid AI – why’s the biker wearing a full-on hiking rucksack on a FS, doesn’t it know *anything*?!

Inspired by images of SFB RIP!

soundninjauk

Also in an extremely optimistic gear.

the-muffin-man

…grass needs cutting too.

CountZero

So far, (🤞🏼), I’ve got all the supplementary functions back, (quote, italics, etc), and I’m able to drop photos straight into the text box.
    It’s like I’ve woken up from a nightmare! 😉

Having just read through the thread from the beginning, having missed two months worth of posts, while I don’t understand the finer technical details of site/forum management and maintenance, it’s made me glad that I was far too old, with too little brain to understand how software engineering works!
    And also many thanks to Mark and everyone at STW Towers for their hard work and suffering against almost overwhelming odds!
    🎩👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

hooli

Just me again? Last few days the site has barely been usable.

scotroutes

V

E

R

Y

S

L

O

W

alpin
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be quotes from the Thick of It….

joelowden

I find page loading very slow with the odd bad gateway thrown in . Android.

somafunk

Same, been like this for days if not weeks with the 502 bad gateways and page hangs for 60 seconds then returning 502 bad gateways, click refresh……………502 error, wait a while, click refresh……….bad gateway.

Along with the message I get on safari “This webpage is using significant energy. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your iMac”

And before I get the usual smart arse response of “use a different browser”, this is the only webpage in the history of owning my 27” iMac that returns this message.

I guess they’re not really serious about fixing the issues, glad I don’t pay.

dyna-ti

Don’t be too harsh, the staff have a magazine they need to put out.  Im sure they spend one lunchtime at least servicing the forum.

bigginge

I’m ok on the desktop (chrome, windows 11) but finding things pretty much unusable on the mobile (safari, iOS 17)

DickBarton

Just very slow all round for me on desktop and mobile (and that seems to be consistent 24 hours a day as I’ve had a few all-nighters where I’ve been trying to browse the site)…mobile sometimes doesn’t even attempt to load a thread once tapped (I’m assuming my phone has got some AI magic in it and knows the thread won’t be good for me so just doesn’t try to load it).

anthonyweighell

Hi Everyone quick update, we have had multiple DDOS attacks and our server load has been going crazy, I am trying to keep on top of it, I have made changes to our config, to try and help, there still seems to be a couple of spikes getting through which I’m trying to get sorted.

Apologies for the issues

Thanks

Tech

thebunk

#hugops

DickBarton

Thanks for the update…is it known why there are so many DDOS attacks happening? And are they happening to all very popular/busy websites?

sirromj

Probably gammon faced Tory in origin.

blokeuptheroad

I’m not convinced that the Venn diagram overlap of malicious cyber attackers and ‘outraged of Tunbridge Wells’ types is well populated.

J-R

Racist, sexist, ageist and irrelevant. Well done you.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.