Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mongoose teocali 2005 owners??
  • daj
    Free Member

Hello,

Does anyone have a 2005 Mongoose teocali? My mate has just got one and would like to pick someones brains about it if possible regarding set-up etc?

Cheers

daj

Simon

I’ve got one, I think it’s an’05, it’s a yellow Elite.
    What do you want to know?

daj
    Free Member

Hello Simon,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Where do I start, Sounds like the same bike, mates is a yellow elite

What PSI are you running your rear shock? mate is 13 stone-ish

Are you still using original handle bars/Stem? At the moment its got a horrible upright position? Is that normal?

Do you know the length of the rear shock? Was thinking of replacing with fox rl with the lock out?

Have you attempted some weight saving? It one hell of a lump going uphill I thought but didnt help running so soft ( 140 psi)

Sorry for random questions, He only got it the other day and is not into spannering at all so if I dont try and sort it out it never will be ;o)

Thanks again

Dave ( djames1976@msn.com )

Simon

Rear shock is a Fox Float R, I’m around 13 stone and run it at around 160psi, any less and I get a lot of pedal strikes.
    i2i is 190mm and 50mm stroke IIRC. Never really felt the need for lockout on it as it pedals without too much bob.

Stem is 70mm/6 degree with 25mm rise bars, with Fox Vanilla R 130mm forks, which gives a low front end which I like.

I got it secondhand as frame only a couple of years ago and built it up myself.
    As well as the parts I’ve mentioned i’m running the following stuff, brake Xt, rear mech SLX, Sram Rocket shifters, wheels are XT hubs/Mavic XM321 rims/High Roller 2.35 tyres, a Kore I-beam post with SDG Bel Air saddle and Time Zs or DMR V8 pedals.
    Weighs in at around 32lbs and doesn’t feel heavy when you’re riding it.
    It rides really well. The only weak point is the 4 tiny bearings in the dog-bone linkage near the BB, they don’t last very long at all.

Simon

Here it is.

eth3er
    Free Member

I’ve had two, one to replace a stolen one.
    pikes, lx running gears, double and bash, 50mm stem, 685mm oversized bars.

bombers, lx running gears, hayes, truvativ.

splice, hayes, truvativ, wtb mix.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

That bottom one mings

eth3er
    Free Member

yes yes ming indeed, but that was off the peg gear.

daj
    Free Member

Cheers Simon, Gives me something to work on ;o)

Hopefully next time out pushing up the psi to 160 will resolve the rear bobbing issues.

daj

daj
    Free Member

Simon,

Another question if you dont mind, The rear shock has two mounting points…. Which is which? I am guessing different travel?

Cheers

Dave

Simon

Top hole gives you 4.75″ of travel, and the lower one 5.75″
    I’ve only ever used the longest setting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mongoose teocali 2005 owners??’ is closed to new replies.