Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)
  • 'Migrant men banned from German swimming pool'
  • chewkw
    Free Member

CountZero – Member

vickypea – Member
    I think Chewkw will explode if Junkyard doesn’t answer his question

Glad I won’t have to clean up the mess afterwards! [/quote]

Why youuuu! I said shat me pants! Stone him for using illegal emotion-con … trying to outdo me …

grum – Member
    … now that we have the ability to think/behave rationally.

In the typical spirit of STW … What is rationality? 😛

Just accepting it as something you are going to allow to affect your life is like accepting that you haven’t really evolved into a human being.

Have we evolved? When? I thought we have devolved … Yes? :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

Oh and Edukator trying to compare himself as an English person in France (yes, we know you live in France) to a Syrian refugee in Germany. Really?!

RoterStern
    Free Member

Blanket bans are racist
    True but as I said earlier it was a necessary measure. Right or wrong the situation could quickly escalate into vigilante groups taking the law into their own hands (which is what is happening in other parts of Germany with regular burning of buildings ear marked for refugees). The mood here really is on a knife edge.

chewkw
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Oh and Edukator trying to compare himself as an English person in France (yes, we know you live in France) to a Syrian refugee in Germany. Really?!

Or someone who advocates integration/multiculturalism/EU etc who lived in the UK but then said “I am Not English” … tut! tut! 😛

Which is worst? The person who wants to build or is building an “English castle” in France or a person who is insincere about own identity?

Roter Stern – Member
    The mood here really is on a knife edge.

It will explode because the shock to the system is too much to handle. 😮

gobuchul
    Free Member

Education about German values and enforcement of the law is what’s needed

I’ll ask again, how are you going to educate them? You need to undo 20+ years of education. I’m not saying it’s impossible but I would suggest it’s very difficult.

I would say people are instinctively inclined to prejudice against people they see as ‘other’ to varying degrees but this is just an example of the irrational monkey brain instinct that is no longer useful now that we have the ability to think/behave rationally. Just accepting it as something you are going to allow to affect your life is like accepting that you haven’t really evolved into a human being.

What?

We all prejudge and make assumptions on how people walk, talk, dress, what bike they ride, what car they drive, the house they live in, what sport they watch etc.

Unless of course you have reached some level of enlightenment that puts you above that? 🙄

DrJ

We all prejudge and make assumptions on how people walk, talk, dress, what bike they ride, what car they drive, the house they live in, what sport they watch etc.

Imagine how time consuming it would be if we didn’t – instead of all the little rules and shortcuts we’ve made, instead evaluating every situation from first principles – inefficient and dangerous.

chip
    Free Member

Blanket bans are racist – the levels of acceptance of racism we see here now on the forum and in society in general after decades of improvement is shocking

They have recognised there is a problem, they have implemented a tempory plan to try and safeguard thier female patrons from that problem untill they can find a better way. They are not discriminating based on unfounded racists beliefs.

when I read this story I am not thinking oh my god what a bunch of racists, I am thinking what a bunch of sex pests.

Maybe they should have closed the pool then the story would be pool closed due to immigrants harassing female swimmers.

Then we could stop arguing about racism and address the actual problem here.

chewkw
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member

Education about German values and enforcement of the law is what’s needed

I’ll ask again, how are you going to educate them? You need to undo 20+ years of education. I’m not saying it’s impossible but I would suggest it’s very difficult.[/quote]

After five generations if you are lucky. In the 5th generation majority will only speak German but will retain a lot of their own traditional culture and belief especially religion.

Their belief will be much stronger than the locals because as migrants they will have a strong sense to preserve their way of life.

😯

grum
    Free Member

Unless of course you have reached some level of enlightenment that puts you above that?

Yes of course we do and no I’m not above it but nor do I try and pretend that my instincts are always correct or helpful. Sometimes they are but it’s useful to question them, often. Otherwise you are going to find your worldvîew massively influenced by things like confirmation bias rather than reality.

I’ll ask again, how are you going to educate them? You need to undo 20+ years of education. I’m not saying it’s impossible but I would suggest it’s very difficult

Yes it will be difficult, lets get on with it then and not do things that are likely to make them feel more alienated from their new home and make their views more entrenched.

ninfan
    Free Member

Haven’t we witnessed all too well the results of not takng action for fear of being called racist?.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/1400-children-were-subjected-to-appalling-sexual-exploitation-in-rotherham

grum
    Free Member

No. HTH.

vickypea
    Free Member

A blanket ban does seem racist, and somewhat unhelpful- maybe an over-reaction after the police apparently didn’t act in Cologne at New Year? But after 6 pages of debate, does anyone here actually know the facts?
    Was it a couple of men being a bit annoying by trying to chat up women at the pool on a couple of occasions, or was it a larger group, being more intimidating on a regular basis? Were they asked to stop but continued to do it? Are all migrants/asylum seekers banned from that pool or is it a specific group?

konabunny
    Free Member

A potentially interesting comparison from the US town I lived in. They had a very nice communal town pool setup, lane pool, kids pools etc. In fact not dis-similar to the very nice German town facilities I have used when on holiday there (have done 3 or 4 family holidays in Germany with friends in the military). You could only use it with a town residents card

It’s entirely fitting that you bring up that example, because that system developed as a way of stopping black city kids from swimming in white suburban pools during the white flight period.

chewkw
    Free Member

grum – Member
    Yes it will be difficult, lets get on with it then and not do things that are likely to make them feel more alienated from their new home and make their views more entrenched.

It is Not their home.

It is a temporary place of refuge protecting them from their own more fanatical belief …

Very few first generation migrant will call a new place their “home”.

House – Yes.
    Home – No.

chip
    Free Member

more info

Does seem like a small number of complaints. Does not say over what time frame. But maybe there was only a few migrant users and thy wanted to stop something before it started.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In fact not dis-similar to the very nice German town facilities I have used…

#jambafact

Fact: I have been on holidays in Germany also and used some of these town facilities. They’re bloody amazing for publicly funded open spaces. As non town-residents and foreigners, we were more than welcome to use the facilities. We paid a few € more than locals (who paid a yearly fee and then had a card that entitled them to free or reduced price entry. And even then I walked in after paying asking mrs dd, “Surely they undercharged us didn’t they?” They were not exclusively for residents only.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What if i prejudge that all black people are lazy criminals?

Of course we all pre judge the problem i s when we do it erroneously to an entire race fr class of people. It will be inherently inaccurate and unfair,

if for example I cross the road because i see a gang if white lads drinking special brew with their aggressive digs then not racist
    If i cross the road because i see a gang of black kids and they are all gangsters with knifes then that is racist

I am not sure why you need it explaining to you that there is a point where pre judging become prejudice/racism. you seem to be arguing that because we all re judge any decision reached is acceptable. It is not.

vickypea
    Free Member

I don’t understand the examples above. Are you saying that if you saw a group of male gangsters with knives in the street it would be racist if you avoided walking past them – if they were black?

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Hello!

Looks like another “Junkyard” is typing/arguing now …

Will the real Junkyard please stand up!

Please stand up!

😛

cheekyboy
    Free Member

If i cross the road because i see a gang of black kids and they are all gangsters with knifes then that is racist

Is it ? seems like perfectly reasonable self preservation to me, if getting stabbed is a price you are prepared to pay to avoid possible accusations of being a racist then good for you but surely you cannot reasonably expect others to follow your rather brave stance against discrimination towards knife wielding black gangsters.

DrJ

Racist!!!

gobuchul
    Free Member

we all pre judge any decision reached is acceptable. It is not.

Never said that.

Depends on the context.
    Where? Inner city or leafy Sussex Downs Village?
    When? What time of day?
    Are you a possible target?
    Carrying valuables?
    Wearing football colours?
    What colour skin do you have?

Personally I would avoid areas with high crime rates anyway and gangs of “kids” of any colour.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yeah, but you are still stereotyping groups of young black men as being more likely to be involved in gang violence, crime and carrying knives.

The fact that this might actually be borne out by the statistics is an unfortunate irrelevance.

chip
    Free Member

Junkyard,What if I am black man and cross the road when I see a group of black youths because I think the may do me something. Am I racist?

nealglover
    Free Member

Or someone who advocates integration/multiculturalism/EU etc who lived in the UK but then said “I am Not English” … tut! tut!

I love how Chewy thinks he’s caught Junkyard out in some of scandalous lie 😆

By the way, I’m not English either !!!!

DrJ

I love how Chewy thinks he’s caught Junkyard out in some of scandalous lie

Does he think that? It’s a mystery to me what he thinks. And reading his posts certainly doesn’t shed any light on the matter.

chip
    Free Member

I thought chewy did not speak a word of English and instead used some sort of translater app to read posts and then to translate his replies. Which explains him shiteing himself inside his pants.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If i cross the road because i see a gang of black kids andI assume they are all gangsters with knifes then that is racist

I missed out an important bit.SORRY

neither am I though I dont know what he tries to say either and dont read these days

jambalaya
    Free Member

They have recognised there is a problem, they have implemented a tempory plan to try and safeguard thier female patrons from that problem untill they can find a better way. They are not discriminating based on unfounded racists beliefs.

What @chip says

Its very possible out of exasperation that the local mayor fed up with having refugees he didn’t ask for being for forced upon him at his expense has decided to take the dramatic action he did.

#jambafact

@dd
    I do understand your definition now as you’ve posted in complete agreement with me below. My point was the facilities are amazing and they could well chose not to make them available to all.

I see again these asylum seekers / immigrants being referred to as Syrian, my contention is significantoy less than 50% are Syrian, it may be many left Syria at the start of their journey but in fact they are Moroccan, Tunisian (largest nationality of IS foreign fighters), Algerian, Libyian etc. I always say immigrants or asylum seekers for that reason.

I am certain if the exclusion is found the be racist someone at the EU or the German government is going to tske action. So,far I’ve heard nothing

German news website dw.com has numerous stories today about immigration issues including the one I mentioned earlier where certain countries are refusing to accept citizens Germany isntrying to deport back there. Dusseldorf police (post the transvestie stoning report) have arrested 40 people in the “little Maghreb” on drug and criminal activity suspision 38 of whom where found to be in Germany illegally. Germany has an almighty problem which it has contrived to make much worse.

gobuchul
    Free Member

It’s a mystery to me what he thinks.

On occasion he seems to make some sense and them immediately follows up with some bat shit mental nonsense.

I hardly know what Junkyard is on about half the time either.

“Straw man/what aboutery/troll/racist”

Then a sentence about how intellectually superior he his compared to everyone else.

ninfan
    Free Member

I see again these asylum seekers / immigrants being referred to as Syrian, my contention is significantoy less than 50% are Syrian, it may be many left Syria at the start of their journey but in fact they are Moroccan, Tunisian (largest nationality of IS foreign fighters), Algerian, Libyian etc. I always say immigrants or asylum seekers for that reason

You can see it at the reception centres: “Reichschancellor Merkel says that all Syrians are guaranteed asylum in Germany, while immigrants arriving in the EU from other countries will have to be assessed and may be refused, now, what country are you from?”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Then a sentence about how intellectually superior he his compared to everyone else.

Not everyone just those who cannot comprehend the really simple concepts you listed 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

Ya, it’s scandalous that he does not even want to reply … what has this world come to eh? 😛
    No, was not trying to catch him out or something … just like asking question because he refuses to answer so I have to ask again. Simple. No entrapment there but rather trying to understand his reasons.

So where do you come from?
    No complicated answer please my head hurts. 😀

DrJ – Member
    Does he think that? It’s a mystery to me what he thinks. And reading his posts certainly doesn’t shed any light on the matter.

Ya, a highly educated person with a “Dr” as title cannot answer a simple question as to the PhD you have? C’mon! It is not as if I can take away your “Dr” innit! 😆

chip – Member
    I thought chewy did not speak a word of English and instead used some sort of translater app to read posts and then to translate his replies. Which explains him shiteing himself inside his pants.

Well, if there is a universal translator like those in Star Trek the better. 😆 Me pants full of shite as they said in the Toon!

Junkyard – lazarus
    neither am I though I dont know what he tries to say either and dont read these days

Oh c’mom! We are all foreigners innit!
    Where do you come from then?
    I don’t know why you find it hard to answer a simple question.
    It’s not as if I can put you to hard labour innit! 😮

gobuchul – Member
    On occasion he seems to make some sense and them immediately follows up with some bat shit mental nonsense.

Bat shite mental stuff are for your enjoyment otherwise it’s dull as shite … 😛

You lot take things too seriously and complicatedly because the brain has been infected by … guess … (ya, cryptic). 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member
    I hardly know what Junkyard is on about half the time either.

Really?

Junkyard explain yourself!

But answer my question first. 😛

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks Junkyard for adding the missing word 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My point was the facilities are amazing and they could well chose not to make them available to all.

Then make your point instead of insinuating lies and untruths all the time. Tbh, not much point in pointing this stuff out to you. As we all know by now, you and facts are uncomfortable bedfellows. You’re too busy having a ménage à trois with conjecture and opinion.

aracer
    Free Member

Sorry, it has to be done:

(I’m not sure that has any less useful content than most of the other posts at this point in the thread 😉 )

jambalaya
    Free Member

You’re too busy having a ménage à trois with conjecture and opinion.

Except over the 4 years I’ve been hanging around here I’ve been proven right most of the time when I have expressed an opinion or theory. Just about to post in the Cologne thread that the first suspect arrested for sexual assault there is an Algerian asylum seeker, what’s so dangerous about Algeria right now to justify asylum and where have they come from, if Syria what where they doing there ?

@chewy JY most definitely is not in the answering questions business

jambalaya
    Free Member

Whiist are taking about cultural cahlleges what about the Libyian soldiers who went on a training camp in the UK raped a drunken Brit (male) who had the misfortune to cross their path and then did £500k worth of vandalsim ? Reaction whole UK based training programme cancelled, racist ? I think not.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Except over the 4 years I’ve been hanging around here I’ve been proven right most of the time when I have expressed an opinion or theory.

‘Course you have, yes. 😆

#jambafact

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 276 total)

The topic ‘'Migrant men banned from German swimming pool'’ is closed to new replies.