Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 276 total)
  • 'Migrant men banned from German swimming pool'
  • MSP

Yes, there are huge restrictions on all ‘white German males’

No, those laws apply to everyone.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Strafgesetzbuch 86a outlaws all sorts of things – flags, uniforms, books, greetings, traditional folk songs etc.

That’s a restriction on anyone living in Germany isn’t it?

EDIT: Fraction too slow.

ninfan
    Free Member

precicely – the prohibition restricts freedom due to the actions of a minority, it isn’t limited to “actual people involved and leave everyone else alone ?”

nealglover
    Free Member

precicely – the prohibition restricts freedom due to the actions of a minority, it isn’t limited to “actual people involved and leave everyone else alone ?”

So unless they make swimming illegal for everyone in Germany, it’s not the same at all then ?

Anyway, the question was…

Was there restrictions put on all white German males due to the actions of this minority[/b] ?
    Or did they just arrest the actual people involved and leave everyone else alone ?

In relation to a specific event, the planning at terror attacks on asylum seekers and mosques.

Was there any blanket restrictions put in place, or did they do what normally happens, and deal with the suspects and leave everyone else alone.

86a was in place a long time before this happened.

ninfan
    Free Member

but it’s not a specific event is it?

chip
    Free Member

It’s definitely not isolated.
    groping schoolgirls.
    There is a definite problem among the male refugees, a minority but a large minority and if stopping them from using the pool makes it safer for the female population of the town, so be it. If there problems have gone from potential decapitation from Isis to not being allowed to do breaststroke I think they have still a lot to be grateful for.

nealglover
    Free Member

but it’s not a specific event is it?

Alleged planning of nail bomb terror attacks = arrest 4 people, no other action taken against people not involved.

Alleged harassment in swimming pool = ban all asylum seekers from public swimming pool.

Both specific events, handled entirely differently.

It’s definitely not isolated.

Neither are attacks on Muslims from far right nutters?

chewkw
    Free Member

hora – Member
    How do I unsubscribe?

Bow to the rules or detach from all senses. 😛

ninfan
    Free Member

no other action taken against people not involved.

but you accept there has been decades of action taken against right wing & neo-nazi groups, restrictions on their freedom of speech and freedom of expression, repeated jailings of their leaders and criminalisation of non violent protest. so yes, action has been taken against people not involved.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Perhaps the most accurate words on this issue recently:

Positions are momentarily rather rigid in Europe, creating a dangerous situation for the future of the European Union, especially as the debate on immigration and refugees is conducted primarily by politicians on an emotional level, and much less by experts in a rational, fact-based manner.

The hyperbole and outright nonsense spouted on refugees and migrants (different things!) is truly scary.

konabunny
    Free Member

You guys are so predictable. Any time a German government starts segregating races you bring up the Nazis. It’s such a cliche and frankly just puts your own prejudices on display.

chip
    Free Member

There will definitely be tough times ahead for Germany.
    More and more sex attacks and more reprisals.

girl attacked at pool.

nealglover
    Free Member

[Quote]but you accept there has been decades of action taken against right wing & neo-nazi groups, restrictions on their freedom of speech and freedom of expression, repeated jailings of their leaders and criminalisation of non violent protest. so yes, action has been taken against people not involved.
    [/quote]

How were the people not involved effected by the banning of various bits nazi symbolism and suchlike?

What were the leaders jailed for ? How did that effect people who weren’t involved ?

RoterStern
    Free Member

It really is difficult here in Germany and as I see it the banning is an ’emergency’ measure to diffuse an increasingly tense situation between the refugees and Germans. The local people want the state seen to be doing something and even the most liberal Germans are having their beliefs tested because of the extreme nature of the situation. Where I live in Leipzig which is traditionally pretty left wing the PEGIDA/LEGIDA demonstrations have been happening every Monday for a year. In the last few weeks there have been street battles between Police, neo nazis and left wing extremists. This has polarized opinion and the regular German sees the refugees as the cause of all this unrest.

alpin
    Free Member

i find it funny that if you say “i don’t like all these refugees coming here at once” you are labelled rascist….
    the GF’s old man is from Iran and he doesn’t like the fact that such lrge numbers have been accepted so quickly. his German missus on the other hand thinks everyone is welcome…. 😕

the GF was in Iran for several months a few years ago. wasn’t allowed out on her own. always had to wear a headscarf (was berated several times by random men in the street for showing too much hair), wasn’t allowed to surf the net in an internet cafe, wasn’t allowed to ride a bike, had to travel at the rear of the bus (more women on board thatn men, but all the women were crammed into the rear 1/3 and forced to stand), had to use a separate carriage to the men on the train….

i very much doubt that the Iranian way of life is much different from that in Syria, Afghanistan (infact, i’m told by the GF’s father that it is very similar) or many other Arab countries.

it is fair to say that i am not “all for” the numbers of mainly male refugees being given asylum.

and after the assault last week in Munich, i’m happy that certain groups may be stopped from entering the swimming pool. especially as the GF goes to swim once a week.

f-knows what would happen if some of these men found their way into the sauna area…. 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

on’t like all these refugees coming here at once” you are labelled rascist

By who ?

chewkw
    Free Member

Roter Stern & Folks,

With the German drone like mentality I foresee Germany having restless nights for sometime. Bear in mind, they have always been programmed for a steady pace of life without too much changes but the situation has truly play into SISI hands now … another society “destabilise” or soon to be …

SISI knows that your compassion is also your weakness so push hard for that knowing that no society in the world is truly uniform/united. Easier to use spark to light the fire whatever …

This could also be a stepping stone for further destabilisation of Europe from inside of Europe via Germany.

That stooopid woman Angela Merkel being a spinster lacks maternal instinct to really understand the true nature of society and family. Being a spinster her mood can swing from one extreme to another … (notice her sudden welcome policy by comparison with the news that she once told a little girl that her family would have to go home?) hence old ladies in the far east asked why was that woman in charged? Why people elected her etc? Because old ladies know how a lady feels. They have been there done that. I explained to them in my own ways … not sure whether they agreed with me but they certainly think having spinster as a leader is not good.

The question now is that if that group of people are moved to other EU nations the same problem will start and further problems will be created in EU.

The best approach now is to contain the situation in Germany to avoid letting it spreading further for damage limitation. i.e. by applying something a bit like castle siege to refugees. No movement without permit.

Again … I see them coming and I told you so. 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

i find it funny that if you say “i don’t like all these refugees coming here at once” you are labelled rascist

Nah its once they are here and you dont want to allow them the same freedoms as other citizens that you stray into the area of racism.

chip
    Free Member

Who would have thought that racism could be a force for good.

chewkw
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    FWIW I am not english.

In the meantime … Junkyard you have not answered my question yet … What are you? [/quote]

What’s up Junkyard? Have you considered your answer yet? 😛

Junkyard – lazarus
    Nah its once they are here and you dont want to allow them the same freedoms as other citizens that you stray into the area of racism.

Freedoms? You mean they have no freedoms? Really? 😯

How do you compare that to where they were previously? 🙄

See you are absolutely wrong again. I mean you have not even attempted to think logically when you come with that answer have you? There are so many wrongs on that answer it’s hard to find a starting point. Poor effort that. 😛

In the meantime you need to answer my previous question above … 😆

DrJ

Are they in fact citizens? Do they have the same rights? Can they sign up to university and get a hip replacement? Can they work, and live where they like?

vickypea
    Free Member

Rather sexist comments about spinsters ^^

jambalaya
    Free Member

A potentially interesting comparison from the US town I lived in. They had a very nice communal town pool setup, lane pool, kids pools etc. In fact not dis-similar to the very nice German town facilities I have used when on holiday there (have done 3 or 4 family holidays in Germany with friends in the military). You could only use it with a town residents card which you applied for based on residency. A similar system in Germany would work, asylum seekers are not resident until their application has been formally accepted.

chip
    Free Member

Maybe, but I found it more ageist, marital satusist and lack of childrenist.

DrJ

Maybe, but I found it more ageist, marital satusist and lack of childrenist.

I found it just bloody stupid. Like usual.

chip
    Free Member

😀

km79
    Free Member

You could only use it with a town residents card which you applied for based on residency. A similar system in Germany would work, asylum seekers are not resident until their application has been formally accepted.

Not necessarily. Someone tried this before in France and got into some bother. Shame because it seemed a sensible solution to the problem.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/624187/Calais-mayor-bans-jailed-discrimination-migrants-local-swimming-pool

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are they in fact citizens? Do they have the same rights?

I thought of some of them afterwards[before your post] so its a fair point. . In the UK its only work that differs, anyone has to reside here for 3 years to access education funding – in the main there are exceptions like English and some others.

I think the broader point is once you start having public areas that you dont allow refugees to go then you are into the realms of racism.

Discussions regarding immigration and numbers extra are not inherently racist though some of the views will be,

DrJ

I think the broader point is once you start having public areas that you dont allow refugees to go then you are into the realms of racism.

Well maybe, but it seems like a glass half full/half empty thing. They could set up camps in the middle of nowhere and oblige people to stay there while their case is processed. Instead they give the refugees as much freedom as possible, which some of them promptly abuse.

chewkw
    Free Member

vickypea – Member

That word and the way a woman feels was explained to me by old women or ladies in the far east … they laughed at me when I tried to describe stooopid Angela Merkel.

I mean they corrected my English! 😆

Oh ya they are the matriarchs of their own families.

I will stick to that word unless you can come up with alternative for a single old woman who has never been married.

edit:

DrJ – Member

What Dr are you in again? 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Instead they give the refugees people as much freedom as possible, which some of them promptly abuse.

Equally true of any people you choose to pick even cyclist in the countryside

It is of course a balancing act as are most things. Collective punishment is not helpful.

DrJ

As previously noted, refugees don’t have the same rights as citizens.

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard & DrJ … you two really need to answer my questions. Can’t go on like this you know. The world would collapse! 😛

To Junkyard:

Q1. you said you were Not English so what are you?

You could have used British but you did not instead you have distinguished yourself as Not English.

Q2: Now, that has intrigued me as I want to know why you segregate yourself?
    ———————–
    To DrJ:

Q1. You have ‘Dr’ as title so I want to know what Dr are you?

Q2. Do you have PhD in science or social science?

Simple answers from both will do … :mrgreen:

chip
    Free Member

What percentage of the immigrant users of the pool were causing the problem. If there was a high number of them using the pool with only a few causing a problem I might take junkies view. But if the majority of the the migrant users were causing a problem I can understand the pool taking the action it has untill it can come up with a better plan.

It is not Germany banning all immigrants from all pools, it is a pool banning a group of people from an immigration center who are causing a problem untill the can come up with a better solution.

If that is racist then so be it.

wicki
    Free Member

Integration takes education, forget that multicultural shit.

vickypea
    Free Member

I think Chewkw will explode if Junkyard doesn’t answer his question 😛

chewkw
    Free Member

vickypea – Member
    I think Chewkw will explode if Junkyard doesn’t answer his question

Ya, correct! 😛 I shall shite myself in me pants! 😆

Coz someone is hiding something you know gut feeling like … something is not right about someone. :mrgreen:

CountZero

vickypea – Member
    I think Chewkw will explode if Junkyard doesn’t answer his question

Glad I won’t have to clean up the mess afterwards!

zippykona

At the holiday camp that is near my mum’s holiday bungalow they had a large party of muslims stay.
    The windows were blacked out so that no one could see in and obviously men were banned from swimming at the same time as the ladies.
    No one could possibly object to ladies only swimming classes in Germany.

grum
    Free Member

Education about German values and enforcement of the law is what’s needed – Germany is a rich country, they have the resources to do it properly.

Blanket bans are racist – the levels of acceptance of racism we see here now on the forum and in society in general after decades of improvement is shocking. If individual people refuse to accept German values then I see no problem with not granting citizenship. Despite numerous accusations I don’t see any of the ‘hand-wringers’ arguing there are no issues with integrating large numbers of (in particular) young men from very different societies into Europe. Amazingly enough it’s possible to recognise that but not support racist policies.

And re an earlier argument – I would say people are instinctively inclined to prejudice against people they see as ‘other’ to varying degrees but this is just an example of the irrational monkey brain instinct that is no longer useful now that we have the ability to think/behave rationally. Just accepting it as something you are going to allow to affect your life is like accepting that you haven’t really evolved into a human being. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 276 total)

The topic ‘'Migrant men banned from German swimming pool'’ is closed to new replies.