Home Forums Chat Forum Making cider from cartons of apple juice

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Making cider from cartons of apple juice
  • teenrat

A good few years ago I made some cider from cartons of apple juice. However,  I cannot remember the process and do’s/ dont’s.

I remember boiling the juice, demijohn’s and using champagne yeast but that’s it.

Any tips please? 

mattyfez

Rubber_Buccaneer

Any tips please?

Google turbo cider

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Turbo cider.

Gets you pissed, quick.

e-machine
    Free Member

Its an expensive way of drinking rough cider ..

I think it will require around 1-2lb sugar per gallon of juice .. a hydrometer to tell you when its fermented sufficiently to bottle without risk of exploding bottles; and the obligatory strong stomach to drink it.

Cougar2
    Free Member

Four parts apple juice, one part vodka, ready to drink in seconds. (-:

teenrat

Hmm, maybe youth clouded my vision of what I was drinking and made it seem better than it was.

Think I’ll pass then and do a spray malt beer brew instead.

johnners
    Free Member

Just put the juice in a clean fermentation vessel and add a bit of yeast and leave it until you get no more bubbles, no need to boil the juice unless you want it to taste even nastier than it’s going to anyway

I can see some attraction in pressing your own apples and trying to make cider but from cartons of apple juice? Just going by Tesco prices their shit apple juice is 80p a litre and their shit cider is £1 a litre so I don’t know why you’d bother.

thols2

If you just lick the mould off mouldy citrus fruit, it will get you off your face. Much easier than trying to brew alcohol.

lambchop
    Free Member

Just buy a zeppelin of Frosty Jacks. Job done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.