Home Forums News Major new UK Trails Project is looking for a manager

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Major new UK Trails Project is looking for a manager
  • stwhannah

SRAM is sponsoring a major new ‘UK Trails Project’, which aims to improve the sustainability of mountain bike trails across the UK.

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/major-new-uk-trails-project-a-sustainable-future-for-mtb-in-the-uk/

mtbfix

Kudos to Sram for stumping up some cash for our wider benefit. With so many competing interests, it will be one hell of a task.

footflaps

With around 6% of the UK population mountain biking on a regular basis,

Really?

I’d be amazed if that was true even after including people riding 20 year old rusting MTBs to the pub.

kathg

I’m incredibly excited about this but equally pretty concerned. As chair of a trail association in North Wales, knowing how complex a job it is to get to official status, how the heck one person is going to effectively work with over 106 trail groups in different nations with different land laws, culture, languages  and environmental issues is beyond me!
    It is a good thing for sure, but just puzzled as to why they didn’t go for a Trail Coordinator for each nation to begin with?

IHN

With around 6% of the UK population mountain biking on a regular basis,

So four million people in the UK go mountain biking on a regular basis? Aye, as they say in Scotland, right.

doomanic

So four million people in the UK go mountain biking on a regular basis?

They’re all on eBikes trashing your favourite trails and buzzing your back wheel on climbs…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.