Home Forums Bike Forum Magicshine battery repair

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magicshine battery repair
  • Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

After 2 years of good use I dropped my Magicshine battery and killed the battery protection circuit.

Has anyone here managed to successfully replace a protection circuit board?
    Anything I need to look out for or is it just a simple soldering job?

I think this is the board I need – Is this right?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protection-Circuit-Module-PCM-7-4V-LiIon-18650-2S2P-LPo-/220642512136?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335f518d08%5B/quote%5D&clk_rvr_id=271656258058&afsrc=1

z1ppy

Drop Smudge/Mark a mail, he helped me out when mine went.

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

I’d came across someone saying that before but I’m sure they’re sick of people annoying them with broken lights!
    Thought I’d try the collected Singletrack knowledge first.

When yours went was it a circuit board replacement job?

z1ppy

Yes, rewired it completely – removing the old circuit board and attaching the new (much smaller) board Mark supplied.

TBH I’ve always found Mark very approachable and helpful, even after several mails and stupid questions on my part. It meant I decided it was worth buying his XML unit rather than a cheaper DX supplied one when I wanted to try the new LED… what goes around and comes around…

brassneck

Looks the same as the one I ordered, took bloody ages to turn up though. I’d have a word with Smudge, as for a few quid extra you’ll have it sooner. Maybe not even a few quid extra after the shipping cost (check it out – mine was expidited delivery and still took 3 weeks :roll:)

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Can recommend smudges batteries!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magicshine battery repair’ is closed to new replies.