Home Forums Bike Forum Luddite guide please, Zwift, Wattbike and Apple TV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Luddite guide please, Zwift, Wattbike and Apple TV
  • iainc

I have a Wattbike Atom V2, which i use pretty much exclusively on Zwift, very occasionally on Wattbike hub.  I have had it for 2 years and current setup is an 11 inch iPad running Zwift and iPhone running Companion App.  I use a Garmin HRM chest strap which the ipad adds in to Zwift via Bluetooth.

I want a bigger screen so have ordered an Apple TV, a 20 inch monitor and the various mounts from Place of Things to put it all in the tribars.

I have never used ATV so not a scooby on setup,  so have posted on the WB FB forums for a simple step by step guide to get it all connected and talking. Also asking on here, please !

jameso

No idea sorry, that sounds like cycling turned into one of those weird, complex, abstract fever-dreams to me : )

zilog6128

The only difference between using your iPad & your new ATV is (I think) that the ATV has a very stingy limit for the amount of bluetooth devices you can have connected, so you’ll probably need to route them all via the Companion app on your iPhone rather than directly connecting the ATV to anything. Which is a pain, but it works fine.

Funnily enough one of ZI’s latest articles was on this very subject: https://zwiftinsider.com/apple-tv-connection-limit/

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

Apple TV has a limit of 3 devices but one is reserved for the remote, so essentially 2 bluetooth device limit. 1 for the wattbike and 1 for the heart rate monitor, youll be fine doing as you do now with the Ipad.

I run this exact set up and have had no issues.

You may need to look into using the beta software on the wattbike (easily found on google) so you can connect 2 devices on that but the apple TV wont be the problem.

Enjoy.

iainc

thanks all, sounds like it’s pretty straightforward. Bits ordered and most arriving tomorrow..

oikeith

I run an Apple TV with bluetooth HRM and Direto trainer with no issues. I would say your monitor sounds small though, can you not squeeze a 65inch TV in?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.