Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 752 total)
  • Lost my son today
  • spacemonkey

Chin up big fella. You’re both entitled to a blow out given what you’re experiencing. Only you know how best to settle things down or give space or make up. You’ve both been so strong so this is just a blip. Everyone’s thinking of you.

RustySpanner

Mate,
    Thinking of you and your beautiful family.

If I’m ever in a situation similar to yours, I just hope I could deal with things half as well as you have.
    If so, I’d be damn proud of myself.

Take care.

Pete.

kearos
    Free Member

Bruders, words failed me when I read this and they still do really. Just wanted to say that all of us are thinking of you.

Love and hugs.

bearnecessities

Hi Lewis, today was always not going to be one of your best days.

You’ve coped immensely so far and have been a role model of behaviour in an unimaginable situation.

It’s not only the children through here that have benefited from your journey through the extra hugs, but the ‘grown ups’ who have witnessed how honesty of expression, your pride in George, and how you have behaved in a more exemplary manner than we could only wish to achieve in such a situation.

Not only George, but you have had a permanent effect on myself and I imagine many people here.

Feel sorry for yourself chap, you’re allowed it, but I already suspect it won’t last long, if it even starts. More than anything, keep close together. Stress and a quick bicker is allowed, I imagine you’re man enough to apologise and comfort even if you did nothing wrong in this circumstance, if not just for the sake of George’s mother.

If it’s ok, my idea for the balloons on Wednesday is to attach the URL of this post on a little label to each balloon, so that if it arrives in someone’s garden, they too can appreciate and and benefit from George’s, and your journey.

Thoughts are with you all Lewis. Love Richard & Rozena x

bruders338
    Free Member

All things are okay now.

Like you said we’re on edge and definitely stressed (I’ve come up in some kind of rash)
    I gave the kids and Charlotte a kiss and said I was sorry and instantly I was forgiven

I was really hard going today I really didn’t feel comfortable but saying that kinda glad I did because he looked really comftable

Do I have to do Wednesday? @#&* my pants

Thanks all x

jamj1974

I felt exactly the same when I went to see my dad. Had mixed feelings about going in the room, but was glad I did and I absolutely dreaded the funeral. The funeral was hard – but I felt I had to so it for him and maybe so do you?

You seem to have dealt so well with this so far that I would be confident you will get through Wednesday. You can cry, totally breakdown or not – any of those are ok. He is and always will be your son and neither you nor anyone else can forecast either how you will react or berate you for it when the day comes.

Thinking of you and your family dude!

J.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Yes

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Is there a paypal address I can contribute to for cost of balloon and p&p etc? How much?

Lewis, I know you will find true happiness in the future and you will find a way to live with what has happened. You sound like an amazing human. I hope you can give yourself time to ride the storm. Man hug to you and all who love you. We’re always with you.

bruders338
    Free Member

You would need to talk to Richard ( bearnecessities) about cost his the main man who purchased this all. But I do have some spare and can pop one in the post today just need your address mate. I sent you an email

bearnecessities

Lesantia, YGM. Rich

mightymule
    Free Member

Still thinking of you all. Much love to the Brundell family x

JoeG
    Free Member

Well Lewis, you and George were on my mind today when I went for a ride. And I found a good spot to release a balloon on Wednesday. Its a small field just off of my favorite trail at a local park. The trail goes through some real big (3-4 ft diameter) old oak trees and I really like that part.

Hang in there!

bruders338
    Free Member

Sound fantastic Joe. And I got your parcel mate so thank you for that.

I have spent all night awake shaking like a leaf.
    After what happened to George we asked the hospital for a breathing monitor just for peace of mind as we could not sleep and we was waking kids up every so oftern together a reaction
    Well that monitor alarm went off twice in 10mins this only goes of if there is no breathing for 20 sec, everything is fine but. Man was there a little panic when it went off.

Still shaking now

bearnecessities

Hi Lewis, not sure what to say here, not that I ever do. I googled a few bits about breathing patterns for babies and these monitors etc and there is some suggestion it’s normal for babies to stop breathing for that long or more during sleep – but best speak to your paediatrician bud, which I’m sure you will. Keep in there.

bruders338
    Free Member

Hi thanks for looking Richard,

We was told by the health visitor that these machines do sometimes bleep for no reason just scared the hell out of me. (flooding back memory’s)

But all is good

looking back at it seemed a like it was a sketch from Dads Army “Dont panic Dont panic” should not joke really but if i dont i think i would cry again

cloudnine
    Free Member

If its the pressure pad type monitor that goes under the mattress its quite easy for the baby to roll away from the sensor and especially when they go into a deep sleep it can be triggered.

cloudnine
    Free Member

If its the pressure pad type monitor that goes under the mattress its quite easy for the baby to roll away from the sensor and especially when they go into a deep sleep it can be triggered.

vixalot
    Free Member

Stay strong, cry when you want, keep posting on here, and we are all still thinking of you x

pingu66
    Free Member

Not been on here for a few weeks as extremely busy in work but just spent the morning reading this and with tears in my eyes. I don’t have kids which is my biggest regret in life, my girlfriend has kids though, and no words can say how I feel after reading this.

Amazing response from the STW collective and I will be thinking of you, your family and George especially on Wednesday and I will take a few moments out at 1230 for George. My thoughts and prayers are with you as I am sure many on here feel the same. I think you are doing amazingly well given the circumstances.

All our love from the Pingu collective.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Lewis, I will be thinking of you and your family on wednesday. I plan to ride with a friend to a fantastic place for the balloon release and a moments silence.

Once again my deepest sympathies to you and your family. Your strength is something of an inspiration to me as im not sure I could talk like you have.

Keep strong.
    Ash

bazwadah
    Free Member

Hi Lewis, I used a pressure monitor (Tommie Tippie one I think?) with both my kids and the alarm would go off randomly – sometimes it was because of the babies moving off the mat, sometimes for no reason. they also go off when the batteries are getting low or if the batteries come loose. the sensitivity of the sensor mat could be effected by the blanket thickness in the cot – sometimes we found that just using a thicker blanket on cold nights would be enough to activate the alarm.

You and your family are still in my thoughts each day. Barry

m0rk
    Free Member

I had to give up using the sleep apnea mats – I never was sure they knew she was on it or not

Anyway, the day is looming – my planned release for the balloon is a couple of days after, but I’ll still take time out (it’s in my outlook!)

StuF

Thoughts are with you and your family.

I know these people helped our friends when they lost their son.

http://www.careforthefamily.org.uk/

paulevans
    Free Member

Like most here, I keep coming back to this thread in the hope of reading that you and your family continue to cope with your loss. I’m staggered by your strength of character.

My family and I will be thinking of you and yours on Wednesday.

By the way, I never noticed how prevalent Sponge Bob was in our society. Everywhere I look I see one of the yellow fellas and when I do my mind comes back to this thread.

Peace & love.

mamadirt
    Free Member

By the way, I never noticed how prevalent Sponge Bob was in our society. Everywhere I look I see one of the yellow fellas and when I do my mind comes back to this thread.

Yes, for me too and I’m sure many others, he brings reminders of both your sadness and family love and strength. Will be thinking of you, your family and your beautiful boy on Wednesday.

Take care and stay strong.

stumpy01

Going for a ride on Wed evening – just a local ride with a mate, but should be able to find somewhere nice. Might be too dark to get decent images, but will try my hardest!

I need to see if my OH can get the balloon helium-filled tomorrow.

Just wondering if it would be better to wait until the weekend & go for a walk somewhere scenic & let it go…

Will have a think…

cvilla

As Paul mentioned, like others keep coming back here, now have helium (& balloon) booked for tomorrow and hope to get a picture later on. I am a twin and thoughts are with you. C

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Got balloon(s) today. Went to fill up with helium and the bloke in the shop said they will not float by morning as they are latex.

So…. If it’s ok, I’ll fill tomorrow night at 4 after work and ride out somewhere nice.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you feel our collective love in your moments of need. Love to all your family. We’re right behind you til you feel strong again.

Tough day tomorrow, but necessary. Hope you get some sleep.

bruders338
    Free Member

last few days have been manic.

just like to say first off. if your unable to release a balloon tomorrow that fine any time will be ok as long as its someplace that means something to you and if possible could you email me a pic so i can send it off to have it placed in my memory box. (my email is in my profile)

spent today helping (mainly tasting) the food for tomorrow and well there is loads. service books done, and charlotte said her last goodbye to George today (i could not do it) feel bad but finding it hard to put the horrible memories away and seeing him like that only brings them back.

sounds kind of selfish now i suppose but his not the happy milk drunk baby i remember.

Tomorrow is going to be horrid really nervous and i dont really want to do it (but who does).
    All i can say is a massive thank you yet again for all of your support with out all your kind comments i dont think i would of been able to sort all this out.
    its amazing what strangers do in an hour of need.

thank you everyone

Cougar

As an aside,

Please don’t feel pressured into ‘viewings’, or feel guilty about not doing. Do what you need to do, it’s for your benefit, not everyone else’s.

When my gran passed, I opted not to view the body. My thinking was, that’s not my gran, it’s the shell that used to contain her, and I’d rather that my lasting memories of her were positive ones of how she used to be. This was a couple of decades ago now, and to this day I don’t regret that decision.

Chin up, mate. Once you get tomorrow out of the way, things will slowly start to get easier, I promise.

Junkyard
    Free Member

will get to Blackpool Tower tomorrow to release mine hopefully for the right time as well.

As cougar says i did not want to see any of my relatives they live on in my memories and that is what i want to remember

Massive respect to you for how you have dealt with and also to the STW collective for how they have dealt with it.

A very moving thread.

vixalot
    Free Member

I have checked the local ‘balloon filling shop’ im going back in the morning to get them filled, they have some nice silver star shaped balloon so a couple of those will help with the weight of the seeds (the wild flower seeds are in little paper bags so they will grow where they land).
    We will be letting the balloons go from Sherwood pines and I will take some pictures xx

bearnecessities

If anyone wants to post a picture of the balloons tomorrow (or any day) but without knowledge of how to, feel free to drop me an e-mail with the picture and I’ll respond with a link you can post up.

Love to you all Lewis, for tomorrow and each day x

wordnumb
    Free Member

Bruders,

I hope the funeral goes as well as these things can, hope the weather holds for you. Show strength even if you don’t feel it and give him a good sending off.

W.

zeffir
    Free Member

Thinking of you guys Lewis, you’ve done amazingly well and I know tomorrow will be so hard but am sure you’ll shine for wee George. All the best mate. Lots of balloons in the sky and we’ll all be with you.

crezzy

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today Lewis .Neil

JoeG
    Free Member

Lewis – You and George are in my thoughts tonight as I’m getting ready to go to bed. And you will be in my thoughts tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow will be tough, but you will get through it! Your loss has touched a lot of us.

kristoff
    Free Member

My thoughts are with you today Lewis. I will be observing a minute or twos silence at 12:30.

I’ve come to work armed ready with my balloons so as soon as I finish I can go for a ride and release them.

anyone releasing balloons don’t forget to e-mail a copy of your pictures to Lewis…

Bruders338athotmaildotcodotuk

bullheart
    Free Member

Be brave fella. You’ll do just fine.

bruders338
    Free Member

Well today the day just going sort myself out got a busy morning, more food to prepare, balloons to fill going to treat myself to a barbers shave.
    But before all of that I need a good old British cup of tea.

Going to try and just keep busy this morning so not to think about what’s to come.

Thank you all and I shall get my picture up for you to see. Unfortunately though I’m unable to go for a ride but mine will be released with other balloons, and yours Joe.

Thanks again

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 752 total)

The topic ‘Lost my son today’ is closed to new replies.