Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 752 total)
  • Lost my son today
  • bearnecessities

For those that have been unable to read the whole thread:

It’s a lot to read and you may have understandably read the first few pages and skipped to here.

If so, there are some balloons available for release, to celebrate the appreciation of life and extra cuddles that George has brought to so many. There have already been balloons requested from the most Northernly, to Southernly reaches of these isles. Some are also on their way to New Zealand.

The emerging intention is for balloons to be released on little George’s funeral (date tbc) and pictures to be taken and posted on here, although however if you wish to celebrate George and his beautiful life in privacy, then that is equally welcome. This is for everyone to celebrate George, in whatever way they deem best.

If you would like to participate in passing your love to George and paying homage to him, his parents, siblings and those that have benefited from his short life in this showing of love, then please do.

This is with George’s parents blessing. No money is required, neither offer of such either. If you live outside of UK, then that is no obstacle, any address is fine.

Please send your address to richardmcoulter@hotmail.com and balloons will be sent to you, to be released on the day of George’s funeral, or at some time you feel fit.

Thank you.

Coyote
    Free Member

Bruders, go back to work when you and your family are ready, not before. Taking the step is a big one and it’s got to be right for you.

Thought with you and yours.

sangobegger
    Free Member

I have two beautiful daughters and can’t imagine life without them,so my heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that a little piece of the wee fella stays with everyone here – your story is a reminder that we should treasure every minute with our own. Best wishes

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stex
    Free Member

Balloons received thanks Richard…
    Excellent drawing richpenny ..

JoeG
    Free Member

Bruders – As far as returning to work, only you can judge when you’ll be ready for that. If you’re still busy with making arrangements or if your presence is needed by others in the family, then being off of work is probably justified.

I think that you said that your older kids are back in school; did that return to routine help them? Likewise, getting back to work will give you a more normal routine and probably help get your mind on other things. Sadly, life without George is the “new normal.” 🙁

Another very real concern has to be financial. If you are like the vast majority of us, there isn’t much money left after all of the bills are paid. So more than a short time without money coming in from work could lead to a huge amount of stress for you and your family when the bills are due. Please don’t get your finances into a situation that will compound the stress on you and your family.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Balloons received this morning. Thanks Richard.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

balloons received here as well

will double check with harry the spider first but he says its ok i’ll release mine at HTN

bruders338
    Free Member

Richard thanks again received another batch..

Still no update im afraid waiting on the coroner (hope we get the all clear wed).

Shall keep you all posted

thanks again people

griffster
    Free Member

Your post made me cry. I’m so sorry and saddened to hear about the loss of little george. I have one child, Matthew who is now five, and I can’t imagine life without him. I’m truly heartbroken for you and your family.
    I believe you’ll find strength to support each other and move forward together. I know there’s nothing I can say that could possibly make a difference, but if there’s anything I could do to help, please just ask.

Sean

therealhoops
    Free Member

George’s short life was a butterfly wing that altered the course of so many Singletrack user’s storms.

He has made this world a much better place.

karlmanklong
    Free Member

Bruders,

Sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest thoughts are with you and your family.

I run a t-shirt business and can make you some special George t-shirts and caps for the little ones at the funeral. Let me know and I can get some sent over.

In fact I am happy to make some for the adults too and anyone who may want one at STW. I can also send transfers in the post so you can iron them on to anything you like.

Is it ok to use some of the photos you have posted on this thread to make a memorial montage?

Karl

PS. Don’t know why, but my post was removed earlier?

karlmanklong
    Free Member

I am not promoting my business in any way, except to offer a free gesture to Bruders and the memory of George. Apologies to the mods if it appeared otherwise.

Nobby

Balloons rec’d, thanks Rich.

@ RichPenny – that’s a fantastic picture.

austinburner
    Free Member

Read your original post a while ago & just wanted to add my support, am a father of two & know exactly how the love feels.
    I found this & thought it would be a good thing to do?

http://fsid.org.uk/page.aspx?pid=992

gonzy
    Free Member

received the balloons yesterday…thanks Richard!!

bruders338
    Free Member

austinburner thanks for that.. will look into that.. I am currently sorting out a charity ride London to Brighton for Great ormand street hospital on my single speed but thats not til june.

And i finally have a date for the funeral is next wed the 13/2/2103 at 12:30

m0rk
    Free Member

Balloons received – many thanks

bruders – how’s it going?

bruders338
    Free Member

Hi m0rk alittle depressed today so trying to cheer myself up buy spending money on my bike build..

my new bed arrived today as we been sleeping in our living room from that horrible day..

first night in the bedroom

therealhoops
    Free Member

sweet dreams….and I mean that, I hope you both have the sweetest dreams ever

shanta
    Free Member

Awfull news. I have not read all the thread and dont really know what to say other than to say sorry for your loss. Good to see so much support on the forum too..

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ll plan to ride and release a balloon in the US on the 13th then. I’ll have to see what the weather is like and then decide whether to do it at the end of the day (and risk it being too dark for a good photo) or try at lunchtime. I’ll post photos, for sure.

bruders338
    Free Member

That’s joeG I’m sure either way your make it a good one

My new bed so comfy fell asleep quite quick but now awake.

Much love to stw

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And love back to you and your family bruders.

Wookster

Really thinking you you and yours mate.

bullheart
    Free Member

How are you getting on fella?

We have a councillor at my charity in Maidstone. He’s a sound fella, and won’t give you answers, but is useful as a sounding board. Let me know if you think talking to him would be useful and I’ll drive him up your way for a coffee.

Best wishes,

Mark

Flattyres
    Free Member

My deepest sympathies. I have some idea of what you are going through. My oldest daughter was one of twins. Out of the blue, during what seemed a normal pregnancy, my wife went into labour st 22 weeks. She managed to hold on and Mara and Elisabeth were born at 23 weeks. After 2 weeks we lost Mara and it seemed our dreams for the future had been ripped apart. Thankfully Elisabeth is now approaching 4 years old and doing well.

There are no platitudes that will make the pain go away. All I can say is that it gets easier with time. These are the things that got me through losing Mara: being there for each other, not bottling it up and crying when I needed to, accepting help from others, using social media to keep others informed (this means you only have to say something once and you don’t have to keep repeating heart wrenching information to everyone you meet), asking people to treat me as they normally would, still finding time to laugh, riding my bike and finally – accepting Mara as party of our family. She will always be part of who we are, her sister knows she was one of twins.

Hang in there and try to stay strong. I wish you and your family all the best during this awful time.

JoeG
    Free Member

Bruders – I got the thank you note that you sent for the balloons. It arrived yesterday, I think. There was no need for you to send anything at all, but it was a lovely picture of the twins.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Just popping into this thread again to say how wonderful I think this community has been. As I cant offer any more I wish the op all the best – carry on keeping us updated with how you are doing.

Kevevs
    Free Member

yep mate. people still here thinking about you when this thread pops up. hope everything is as well as it can be.

bruders338
    Free Member

Thanks

Been a busy few days. yesterday i nearly fell apart in the street.

I did pop into work (passing visit) that was hard having people looking but not knowing what to say etc…

And today not going to be nice at all in the nicest possible way. Today we are going to see George, now somethings telling myself not to but i feel like i need to its a catch 22.

Also had a call from coroner yesterday which was no help really found out that George cause of death is still inconclusive which in a way good because it means no one to blame.

Yet again thank you all for helping me through this £$%^ time

bearnecessities

Thoughts with you all every day Lewis; more so today hearing what’s in store.

Thinking of you chap.

Nobby

Will be thinking of you & the family today Lewis.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Just read this, so sorry for you and your family. I’ll be contacting Richard for a balloon to release with my two little ones from the top of Holcombe Tower (Ramsbottom) at weekend.

Our thoughts are with you.

JoeG
    Free Member

Lewis – my thoughts are with you again, as are those of a lot of people from this forum and elsewhere. You’ll get through this.

Sandwich

Lewis I hope there was a little comfort from going to see George today. I’m grateful to my Ulster born wife who introduced me to seeing the body of your loved one, it’s fallen out of use in England. The relatives I’ve visited have always looked peaceful and it has helped me immensely.

jamj1974

Bruders,

Hope today went ok. Falling apart wherever it happens is ok, you’ve lost one of your beautiful boys and it is hard to get through.

Take care,

J

bruders338
    Free Member

Today been an absolute pig of a day really sorry to the family as I’ve been really snappy to the point that me and Charlotte had an argument.

And now I just feel like drinking and just feeling sorry for myself

jamj1974

Today been an absolute pig of a day really sorry to the family as I’ve been really snappy to the point that me and Charlotte had an argument. And now I just feel like drinking and just feeling sorry for myself

Some days it will be like this – it is ok to feel that way sometimes.

kristoff
    Free Member

You’re both probably on edge. It’s been such a stressful and emotionally draining time.

Arguements and short tempers should be expected. You’ve been coping far better than many others would have (I include myself in that).

Feel free to rant/moan etc on here. We’ll all understand and may possibly be able help. Problem shared = problem halved and all that.

scaredypants

Bruders – you’ve done one of the hardest things I can imagine today. You’re allowed to be affected by it.

Remember to tell eveeryone that you love them once the argument’s blown over. You’ve all had a shit day.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 752 total)

The topic ‘Lost my son today’ is closed to new replies.