Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 752 total)
  • Lost my son today
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

Yes to a balloon

jondavies
    Free Member

I’d like to release a balloon for George, wish I could do more to help.
    Bruders, stay strong and I hope one day I could be half the father you are!

jondavies
    Free Member

I’d like to release a balloon for George, wish I could do more to help.
    Bruders, stay strong and I hope one day I could be half the father you are!

spacemonkey

Cool balloon. Tis getting dusty in here again though.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Lewis, that tat is an amazing tribute to your son.

As said earlier big man hug flying your way and boy hugs from my two boys.

Wish I could offer more support. If you need to talk tap me up.

Ash

stumpy01

Oh, Jeez…..
    Just seen the balloon. It was probably mentioned at some point, but I missed it; I didn’t realise he was so young…… 🙁

not that any age would be ‘alright’. But…..just….but…?!!?!

Just need to think of a suitably fitting ride to take him on….

stumpy01

….too late to edit my post. I meant what ride to take the balloon on…and him in spirit.

gonzy
    Free Member

yes to a balloon if there are any left…

bearnecessities

Yes Gonzy; please pop your address to richardmcoulter@hotmail.com

grantus
    Free Member

I feel like crying for you pal. I hardly post on here but lost my partner suddenly last year to cancer and wrote about it like you have done about the wee man and I got tremendous moral support from complete strangers.

Thoughts with you all. This is awful xxxxxxxxxxxxxx be strong

ninkynonk
    Free Member

Lewis,

I’m riding Hit The North on the 16th, it’ll be the closest ride I’ll get to the funeral. If its ok with you I plan to ride a lap with my balloon attached to my bike and then at an appropriate place I’ll stop, take a moment and release it.

Hope thats ok with you?

frankzbonez
    Free Member

sorry If I made a bad comment earlier. It is just that when I was in Afghanistan, I regularly used to see families lose their kids through bombs and crossfire. rip George in peacefull heaven

bruders338
    Free Member

Frankzbonez your not the only one thats been on tour. I also been on tour but my last one was Herrick 13 with 16 air assult so I also been and done it..
    And I honestly thought I saw it all then.. Obviously not because having to do BLS On your own son no walk in the park..

Any how I dont keep grudges thank for your message.

ninkynonk mate you can do the balloon thing when ever you like and thanks for taking the time to do that.
    Would it be possible to take a pic please.

Much love lewis

vixalot
    Free Member

I have got a little paper bag with wild flower and sunflower seeds ready to send off with the balloon

hora
    Free Member

I can’t read this topic without my eyes feeling hot/welling up for many many reasons.

MartynS

been holding off posting anything on here.. didn’t really know what to put.

still don’t..
    thoughts are with you and your family.

take care.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

just seen this and now have massive goose bumps, as a dad I can’t imagine your pain. I’ll leave it at as anything else I type is irrelevant right now.

m0rk
    Free Member

I’ve been reading this thread since you started it, stuck for words & welling up each time you post (or someone else posts up a moving story)

Anyway, I’m sat here with my little girl hanging off my ankles & although I’m still stuck for words I thought I’d share the picking her up & squeezing her that bit more – I’d been doing it unconsciously all week.

Anyway, I’m off to NZ in less than a week, but I’d love to take a balloon & let it off for you while I’m away

Kudos for being so open about this – I’d be in bits

Mark

Kryton57

I’ve been reading this thread since you started it, stuck for words & welling up each time you post (or someone else posts up a moving story)

+1

I nearly didn’t go to work this morning because my 4yo got upset I couldn’t sit with him and watch star wars before immediately I left. Before this thread it would might have been trivial but now seems to have massive importance.

Still thinking of you all and will be doing so on the day.

bearnecessities

Mark, email me your address and I’ll get a couple sent tomorrow.

m0rk
    Free Member

Done! Thanks bearnecessities

peterich
    Free Member

cant imagine what your going through
    take care of each other

gixer.john
    Free Member

Balloons delivered this morning, will wait for an appropriate time to release them while thinking of wee spongebob – thoughts and best wishes to Brudders clan. x Gixer family x

bruders338
    Free Member

I got mine today thank you Rich they look amazing..

kristoff
    Free Member

Rich, received my balloons this morning thanks they look great!

Lewis, keep us posted on the date and hopefully we’ll be able to make a nice thread full of all the pictures! You’re doing a tremendous job keeping your family going in what must be such a difficult time.

My families thoughts are with you.
    Chris.

spacemonkey

Yep, balloons received this morning – thanks Rich.

jamj1974

Bearnecessities. Thank your for the ballon received today. You d’man!

J

stumpy01

Balloon received here. Thanks Bearnecessities…

gozarch
    Free Member

Balloons received here today. Thanks bearnecessities – top work.

vixalot
    Free Member

Balloons received they are lovely thanks bearnecessities x

Lewis thanks for all you fantastic posts and pictures the ballons will be floating away somewhere in peak district direction or Ladybower area x

bruders338
    Free Member

ok to take pic please so i can copy and print to place in memory box

ittaika
    Free Member

balloons received here as well Rich. thanks.

Lewis, still thinking of you and your family.

Will take a pic of the balloon release for you.

Take care,

Martin

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Balloons received in Stockport. Thanks again bearnecessities.
    Have been inspired to buy 6yr old daughter her first proper mtb this week. We are heading out to Ladybower next weekend to release the balloons. Can’t stop cuddling her or her two younger siblings. Keep smiling Bruders, and never underestimate how much poor George’s story has opened other people’s eyes. Thinking about you lots (and lots), Orm.

bruders338
    Free Member

I had work phone me yesterday (royal mail) asked if i was ok then said (not directly) but asked when i would return to work..

I did think going back would be a good idea but currently i dont think i can face people right now.
    Its not as if they are paying me (not worked a full year so only entitled to 5 days worth which i know is better than some firms so grateful for that)

is this a catch 22 or am i just being lazy??

bearnecessities

Hardly lazy mate; only you know your own state of mind, you’ll make the right choice I’m sure.

As you know though, there’s something to be said for trying to re-establish your routine for the sake of yourself (and others); facing people may only get harder as the more time passes.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Another here who has been thinking of you and your family every day. I look forward to receiving my balloon so that my daughter Liliana can be a part of something special. I know that it will bring her joy, and hope that the photo I will send for the memory box can bring some measure of comfort to you.

After Gordons contribution, I asked my wife to draw a picture of George sitting in a willow tree. Here’s a copy, I can send a better one to your email. We’d like to post the picture too if you’d want to have it.

All our love,

Rich, Maria and Liliana

maccruiskeen

bruders338
    Free Member

That’s amazing I would love to have one.. What ever best for you

Thank you

vixalot
    Free Member

That is so nice 🙂

lynchmob
    Free Member

im really saddened to read this & it has upset me immensely. my heart goes out to you & your family in this difficult tragic time.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 752 total)

The topic ‘Lost my son today’ is closed to new replies.