Home Forums Chat Forum Log store, against a house wall or bad idea?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Log store, against a house wall or bad idea?
  • wolly
    Free Member

As above would there be any problems with damp or other issues?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Depends on aspect.

If its an ideal aspect for a log store then no issue . If its getting constantly soaked from rain , gets no wind or sun then it will cause issue.

Otherwise itll be nice insulation :)

maycontainnuts

How about getting hold of some pallets. I’ve got some on the floor and up the wall to allow air flow around the wood pile and wall.

waveydave
    Free Member

if logs are very damp then it will tranfer onto the brickwork, try and space it out from the wall as mayc. suggests

richmars

Also, try not to bridge the damp proof coarse of the wall with parts of the log store.

globalti
    Free Member

Find my pic of our log store against a wall on the other log store thread. It doesn’t make the wall damp because the log store is a dry place. A little water dribbles down the back in heavy rain but it soon dries off.

wolly
    Free Member

Cool cheers for the replies, I was thinking something similar to I think it was skis post in the other thread keeping it a couple of inches off the wall to allow airflow might get building tomorrow

ourmaninthenorth

About 4 inch gap been store/logs and wall. First year, but position for weather and long eaves men it should be ok.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Log store, against a house wall or bad idea?’ is closed to new replies.