Home Forums Bike Forum Les Gets – Help

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Les Gets – Help
  • Ambrose

I use the book as suggestions and as an idea of what is there. I don’t remember it as pushing the use of guides at all. Maybe we have different editions?

johnhe

Here a couple of my photos from GeForceJunky’s trail:

20240826_145658_Original

johnhe

20240826_152918_Original20240826_144153_Original20240826_152045_Original20240826_143440_Original

johnhe

Probably no one is that interested, but I thought I’d update this thread for the sake of any future searchers. I rode GeForceJunky’s trail twice last week. So the second time, I decided to ride up over the Mont Chery peak as recommended by @tfelotthgir to see what that route was like.

The good things are that the views were even more outstanding. really nice views of Mont Blanc. And it’s a steady, hard climb and then a descent, which some folks might prefer to the up/down nature of the pedal round the hill. One tip – keep following the main fire road. I took a right turn at one point and had to push my bike up the old downhill trail from the top – which was horrible. The singletrack walking trail was much too steep to ride up.

As advised by @tfelotthgir I met hardly a single walker on the descent from the peak. A disadvantage for taking this route is that, other than a couple brief turns, the descent is basically an almost-straight, steep decent down the hill to Col l’Encranaz. It’s not bad (at all). But it’s continuously steep descent. But it is all singletrack. And all descent!

Anyway, it’s nice to have a choice of both routes. I think next time, I would go back to riding the red trail around the hill. I find the amount of pedalling on that route irritating, but a couple of the short punchy climbs are nicely challenging. I didn’t make them dab free the first time, so id look forward to trying them again.

both times, I pedalled up to Col de La Basse, because it’s a nice climb, and the single track descent from there to Les Paquis is just sublime!

one other small point – I found it about a 20 minute pedal açross to Morzine afterwards on the road.

thanks again to everyone for their help and advice – what an absolutely fabulous route.

here are two photos of the descent from Mont Chery to Col l’Encranaz. The first shows the part across/around the hill. The second shows the rest/main part of that trail straight down the hill to Encranaz.

20240829_113742_Original20240829_114121_Original

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.