• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Daffy

This fella next:

shinton
    Free Member

I saw a nice lego video recently where the kid had received a lego set from his grandparents. His dad setup the iphone camera in time lapse mode and recorded the kid building the set and then sent the video link to the grandparents.

Obviously the model was not as complex as the one above!

northernmatt

I’m in a modular building phase at the moment. Started with Assembly Square back in summer, currently 1/3 of the way through Corner Garage and I have the Parisian Restaurant under my desk at work.

I think I’m going to have to shift a few sets on before I buy anything else.

bigdaddy

Land Rover for me this Christmas too – enjoyed building it, although I made a couple of significant red wine induced mistakes that I had to undo! As previously mentioned, I’m not really sure what the point of the gearing is – esp the hi-lo wheel – doesn’t seem to do anything?

scuttler

I wanted the star destroyer but can’t afford it so I’ve decided to build my own.

Multicoloured I hope. Pics please!

kimbers

thats a serious investment daffy!

I got the Darth Vader castle for xmas & only because Amazon had a flash 50% sale- even at £60 it seems a lot, but t is cool & the kids have played with it a lot

stumpyjon

scuttler, multi coloured on the inside, medium stone grey outside, to paraphrase the Lego Batman I only work in Medium stone Grey or sometimes dark stone grey.

stumpyjon

Sorry, having major issues posting pictures.

Anyone know how to post pics from Flckr?

stumpyjon

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i9vwT4]20200103_165811[/url] by Jon Swift, on Flickr

stumpyjon

Whahey, got it working using the Forum help, who’d have thought that would work.

Still waiting on some parts direct from Lego so started to build the canons and shield generators. Built a mini Tantive IV as well.

Cougar

Holy mother of god.

40mpg

Wow, that’s amazing stumpyjon!

On a much smaller scale, after picking up on this thread and mentioning it to my wife, she got me a Starwars Anniken starfighter for Christmas. My first lego for 30 years! Wont be the last, already been back to the lego shop to eye up future projects 😁

null

Merak

And it’s done.

@Rich_s
    if you have all the bits for your Caterham let’s do a trade.👍

Cougar

How long did it take you, out of interest?

mogrim

Nice Star Destroyer, but nothing compared to this bad boy:

tomhoward

Not the Lego I need, the Lego I deserve…

Spacious interior, all mod cons…

Easy access…

Rocket boost, for making progress…

Pop up anti joker/traffic measures…

Meep meep, yo…

If you are going to build this, it’s good, but make sure you are in a very well lit room. It’s VERY black.

Northwind

I can see that must have come as a surprise

tomhoward

Well, yeah… felt myself having to squint to see where all the smaller more intricate bits went by the end though!

colournoise

On a MUCH more modest scale I finally caught up over the winter break with all my unbuilt kits.

The little Speed Champions Mini Cooper is actually quite cool.

Daffy

You must have a serious amount of Lego, Stumpyjon. My son and I have what others would consider a lot, but there’s no way in hell that we’d have enough to do even a quarter of what you’ve built there. Wow!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Surprisingly brilliant thread.

Patience and good eyesight to you all.

stumpyjon

Daffy whats in shot is probably a tenth of what we’ve got, most of the unbuilt stuff us in organisers, the ucs lego is in the study, 12 sets, and my son also has rather a lot of star wars lego plus city and other various themes. Comes from my childhood, some was my wife’s, EBay and the Lego shop pick a brick wall are good ways of increasing pieces cheaply.

tomhoward

How do you go about building something like that from scratch though? Any sort of pre build design work or just trial and error? Part of my enjoyment of building the sets is looking at the instructions and marvelling at the thought that has gone into the methodology, and the order in which things go together. I’d be lost without them, and wouldn’t know where to start!

kimbers

Rich_s

@Merak
    I’ve given up hunting for a few odds and sods to emerge from the kids bedrooms so have ordered the remaining parts from tinternet

I believe it’s now complete – got the box and instructions. Just let me get those parts and check it over, then we have a deal!

greenskin
    Free Member

A little present to myself. Made a very small mistake that became apparent, a bloody bugger to rectify! Landrover is next.

kiwijohn

Nearly finished the Defender. Distracted by the Landrover website with real ones now.

peteimpreza

Giving this one a go as its totally different to anything in my current collection.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/lego-forma-81000

Updates to follow once it’s delivered

reluctantjumper

I’ve got the Mustang sitting at home waiting for a crap weather day. My first if the new Creator kits so want to do it properly and without distractions!

stumpyjon

Tom, I just started it, had a rough idea then worked from that. I think I’ve been pretty lucky angles worked out ok.

spacemonkey

I’ve got the Mustang sitting at home waiting for a crap weather day. My first if the new Creator kits so want to do it properly and without distractions!

9yr old Monkey jnr pleaded with me to get him the Mustang for Chrimbo. Naturally, I duly obliged. Spent a few very chilled hours building it with Monkey and his grandad. He did maybe 80% of it unaided.

Have to admit the finished article looks much better in the flesh and he loves it. Bit of.a surprise as the box imagery is very washed out and unengaging IMO.

matt_outandabout

I’m just chuffed that my employer used a Lego model to share the news of my promotion…

null

scuttler

Mini Mini Cooper is ace. And it’s on Forza Horizon 4 Lego expansion!

zilog6128

Spend some time over chrimbo getting through my lego backlog! Standout was the Pop-Up Book from the Ideas range, totally different from the normal cars/spaceships/buildings etc. Doesn’t take long to put together and (aside from the very clever mechanism) not much in the way of advanced building techniques but utterly charming! As is often the case, looks so much better in the flesh than in photos.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0058/1861/3878/products/LEGO-IDEAS-Pop-up-Book-21315_1080x.jpg?v=1573007094

greenskin
    Free Member

I’m thinking of putting a lighting kit in the 911, or am I being a tart?

Cougar

Rude not to, really.

greenskin
    Free Member

@daffy @tomhoward very jealous of those two models. Had a look at the Batmobile in the Lego store Leeds. I have a force awakens Millennium Falcon, but would love to swap that for the new, massive one. Cannot wait to get my hands on the Technic defender, it’s a present from the good lady so have to wait until my ‘retirement’ date. 15 days and counting!

@cougar
    , lookin at some on amazon, unless people have a solid recommendation?

northernmatt

@greenskin I was looking at the Lightailing one for the Mack Anthem. The other one I had a look at was LightMyBrick but they are quite a bit more for what seems to be the exact same thing.

diz

Long shot I know, has anyone got a defender they’ve built and want to move on?

reluctantjumper

Have to admit the finished article looks much better in the flesh and he loves it. Bit of.a surprise as the box imagery is very washed out and unengaging IMO.

Thought that too when it first launched but saw one in the flesh at the Lego store and it looked so much better! Same with the Batmobile, looks dull and rough in the photos. Real-life it’s incredibly menacing.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.