Home Forums Bike Forum Lavatrax? MTB in Tenerife

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lavatrax? MTB in Tenerife
  • i_like_food

Looking at a family holiday over Christmas to one of the Canary islands.  Flights are cheapest to Tenerife and I’d like to book a couple of days mtbing with my son.

Googling gives Lavatrax and it seems to have good reviews.

We’d be looking to hire bikes and ride two separate days of enduro type trails (red/black, toned down as on holiday and a proper crash is much more faff abroad than at home).

Has anyone used Lavatrax?  Or would recommend another company?

Cheers.  ILF.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have used lavatrax albe it in 2017 but the guide/nee owner (ex pat Brit) was very good, very knowledgeable on the local area and his bikes were more than adequate for the terrain .

We had a great time.

Either he or one of the guides at the time was  lingering on here I’m sure they will pop up.

sharkattack

Same question from me. Looking for something to do in January or February.

I’d be going solo and not sure if there’s enough riding for a full week.

doris1

We did a holiday with Lavatrax a few years ago, it was ok but not brilliant, although I think the guy we went with sold the business and it’s now run by someone else.

We then switched to La Palma, same group of islands but found it much better for mountain biking with a big locals scene digging trails and a few tour companies to choose from. Cheap flights with TUI, have been out three times mid-December and the weather was great every time. Around 22 during the day and 19 in the evening. Very popular with German and Swiss mountain bikers.

doris1

https://www.flowtrailslapalma.com/en/

Plenty of riding for a week :-)

julians
    Free Member

We did a few days with lavatrax a few years ago, was good, not as good as switchbacks in bubion, but still a good time.

leegee

@doris1 I’ve been looking at flow trails La Palma for a while, good?

chrismac

Flow trails la Palma were superb. We did a week with them last year and Rodi, the guide/ owner was excellent. Trip ran very smoothly and he. Very quickly got the measure of us and tailored the trails accordingly. We rode with some Spanish guys for the first couple of days and then were his only clients for the rest of the week

Ridden Lavatrax too. A good trip but not one of you want a full day riding tough trails. Think more chilled day on the bike. Each day started with a coffee stop on the way up the mountain. Trails were a mix of blue and red in the main. It’s not as challenging as La Palma. Depends what you want. La Palma is a full day biking holiday. Lavatrax a more leisurely day out on bikes

andos

I used a guy named Tommaso Belle in April this year for 1:1 guide and bike hire, really nice guy, very flexible, excellent English, just tell him what you want and he will be happy to arrange.

You can contact him on watsapp or email:

+34 603 51 58 12

cyclingislands@gmail.com

markhammill
    Free Member

gran canaria is pretty good for mtb we went with himar sanchez @dh guides

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.