Home Forums Chat Forum *Late night SF movie PSA: OUTLAND (1981) 5Action, 11.05 PM*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • *Late night SF movie PSA: OUTLAND (1981) 5Action, 11.05 PM*
    Poopscoop

Screenshot_20241021-141517

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/

With Sean Connery of course.

I’ve always liked this film, got a gritty feel to it and some great sets that remind me a bit of Alien and Total Recall. Loosely based on an old Western, High Noon but it’s set on a mining colony on a moon orbiting Jupiter.

It’s an all round a decent film that’s aged well.

(Watch out for the worst bit of child acting ever though on the video link call. You’ll know it when you see it! Lol)

Beagleboy

Cheers for the heads up. That’s an old favourite of mine, so I’ll set the telly to record it. Now I just need Zardoz to pop up somewhere.

Poopscoop

Zardoz

Now that’s a proper blast from the past.

Pretty racey when I watched it as a kid!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Set my VCR.

DickBarton

I was thinking about Zardoz last week…I’ve seen it but I clearly didn’t get it as at the end I switched the TV off and asked myself what I’d just been watching…unsure I should watch it again.

Poopscoop

DickBarton
    I was thinking about Zardoz last week…I’ve seen it but I clearly didn’t get it as at the end I switched the TV off and asked myself what I’d just been watching…unsure I should watch it again.

Yeah, proper old school sci-fi. Pretty surreal too.

joshvegas
    Free Member
    Set my VCR.

Me too which means it records at 11.05pm a week from now. 😀

Joking aside, there was a guy that bought up hundreds of old VHS video tapes and loads of old recorders and set up a video rental shop during Covid! You could rent the recorder as well as the films. I wonder if it’s still going? Mad idea but it would be great if he made a success of it.

maccruiskeen

Joking aside, there was a guy that bought up hundreds of old VHS video tapes and loads of old recorders and set up a video rental shop during Covid!

Perhaps we need a plugin for smart TVs that makes the tracking on Netflix goes on the wonk. (or a browser extension for Youtube that requires you to rewind each video before you can watch the next one)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.