Home Forums Bike Forum Knog bell copy on eBay?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Knog bell copy on eBay?
  • oldfart

There’s one on the Bay that looks uncannily like the Knog Luxe that’s about a quarter of the price. The hammer  is the only thing different I reckon matey running the factory in China that makes them for Knog has a little side hustle going on ? Or are they crap that don’t last 5 minutes?

trail_rat
    Free Member

The copy with the plastic hammer is utter garbage.

bikesandboots

Are you considering buying it?

tthew

The original was pretty rubbish TBH.

oldfart

If the original is rubbish and the copy is even worse then shan’t bother.

cookeaa

Isn’t this the bell that Knog financed the initial manufacturing of via a Kickstarter campaign (despite being an established and solvent business at the time)?

munrobiker
    Free Member

The Knog one is rubbish. The fakes are actually slightly better, but still awful.

Having bought a few real and fake posh bells over the last few years, the cheap ones (fake Spur, Crane and Knog) are all a false economy. The springs go weak and the dings are quiet. I bought a Crane E-NE bell which has just about paid for itself by not breaking in a few months and, particularly the matte black one, is very loud.

bikesandboots

Are you considering buying it?

If the original is rubbish and the copy is even worse then shan’t bother.

So you were looking to buy the knockoff.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I bought a granite designs cricket. not cheap wish I’d done it years ago. Ace for shared path use.

Need another for my touring bike now.

oldfart

If the original was that much better that’s what I’d have gone for .

fooman

I’ve been through lots of bells on various family bikes, the original Knog Oi didn’t last but I get on ok with Knog Oi Luxe which is better made. I’ve yet to break one, we’ve bought a few now. it’s not the loudest but I like the stealth and it’s survived riding from enduros and muddy bike packing. The materials are a problem on copies they often rust, bend or snap.

swdan
    Free Member

trail_rat

Free Member

I bought a granite designs cricket. not cheap wish I’d done it years ago. Ace for shared path use.

I second this, great little bell and well made

oldfart

IMG_20241015_221938542

oldfart

I found this in the garage, forgot I had it ! So old it probably won’t fit the bars but I’ll try it tomorrow, makes a proper old fashioned ring .

murdooverthehill

Same as @fooman ^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.