Home Forums Bike Forum Kids winter gloves – Briskers or…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kids winter gloves – Briskers or…
  • submarined
    Free Member

My 11 yo has grown out of/worn out/lost one of his Briskers.
    Obvious answer is to replace with the next size up, but are there any kids’ gloves that are a bit more waterproof? (I know, that’s a low bar)
    Other options seem to be the Fox Defend Thermo or Ranger Fire.
    Or Endura Nemo, but they’re neoprene which is a bit marmite, plus I’m reluctant to pay for more oddly sized kit from the Endura quality gamble gameshow.

steamtb

My daughter (11) likes her Briskers. I’ve tried lots of waterproof gloves, including those Endura, and they’ve all been worn once if I’m lucky. So unless there is a magical waterproof kids glove out there, we will stick to the Briskers. I’m not sure if that’s helpful?!? Probably not… :)

paladin

Found the nemo ones to be good, but they do get a bit smelly

superstu
    Free Member

Briskers aren’t great in real wet / wind. Not for me anyway, I love them for spring and autumn but if properly foul less so. But your daughter may not be riding in those conditions anyway?

matt_outandabout

I prefer to have the three pairs of wolly Altura riding gloves and swap them through a ride or walk when they get wet.

They were £1.99 a pair…

scotroutes

As above. Despite reports to the contrary, Briskers are not a winter glove.

matt_outandabout

Indeed, we had a few Briskers – standard and ‘more waterproof ‘. Neither were good and certainly not winter gloves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.