Home Forums Bike Forum kazam balance bike?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • kazam balance bike?
  • sefton
    Free Member

anyone’s kids got a Kazam balance bike?

I was going to get a likeabike jumper for my girls 3rd birthday but at £155 I’m not sure I can justify it.

especially as this kazam one is reduced to £50 (and has foot rests).

here’s a few I’ve looked at (on the net)

barrykellett
    Free Member

I’ll be looking for one in about 12 months time.
    Would it not be better to get the one with the wee brake on it? So the kid can learn the two fundamental skills involved in cycling. Balance and braking?

Thats my take on it anyway.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

Just bought a Zooom off Amazon, was around £50 but appears to have gone up now. Its an aluminium frame, my daughter seems quite happy with it….

geoffj

Would it not be better to get the one with the wee brake on it?

I’m not sure they are strong enough at that age to use. Anyway, that’s what the toes in new shoes are for 😆

twohats
    Free Member

I was going to go the balance bike route with the Specialized Hot Walk, but realised we’d be better off going for the Hot Rock and removing stabilisers, cranks and chain, saves buying another bike once my little one needs to move onto pedal power…

Nick

Get the Isla, you’ll be able to sell it for near what you paid for it when your girl out grows it.

uwe-r
    Free Member

The little guys hands are to small to use a break, so id say they are not essential.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I’d say no brakes is better. Stopping with your feet ensures that they are firmly on the ground when they arrive at a standstill. My daughter has never fallen over due to no having her feet down on her proper pedal bike when stopping because she instinctively puts her down when she stops.

balance first, brakes later.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Cool
    I’ll keep that in mind when looking for one. I suppose they can only go so fast providing you dont point them down a hill?

Will get her some kevlar soled shoes for the job 😀

Or maybe sintered would be better…?

sefton
    Free Member

dam the jumper!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why does it have to look so good and have rear suspension????

(the sensible thing to do is buy the kazam)!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘kazam balance bike?’ is closed to new replies.