Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 2,860 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

However the huge multicannon is awesome, and that’s only available in fixed.

*looks out of Corvette window at huge gimballed multi cannons*

Premier Icon frogstomp

PSA : free from Epic Games from tomorrow (19-26/11)

Premier Icon perchypanther
    Free Member

Yep. Absolutely free.

If anyone downloads it for free and wants a bit of help, guidance or suddenly gains a thirst for total galactic domination then we can help. Just post up on this thread for an invite to the Single Track Galaxy Squadron and Discord server where you too can, for free, be enrolled in the fight to make Our Glorious Leader, the Ever Victorious and Iron Willed CMDR @matt_bl the supreme ruler of the galaxy or something, i’m not really sure.

Did I mention it’s free?

Premier Icon molgrips

Also, we have a discord.

Premier Icon TheFlyingOx
    Free Member

What’s the deal with the discord?
    Played a bit on PS4 but was always just dipping in and out when I had a spare half hour. I’m about to make the switch to PC gaming (waiting on a Ryzen 7 5800x to finish the build) and then I’ll be starting from scratch.
    Also, can I play as the same commander on desktop and laptop? Considering taking my laptop to work with me so I can play in downtime, but no point if I’m going to be grinding 2 separate accounts.

Free Member

The Discord is just a comms channel that lets us coordinate what we’re doing in game and talk a load of bollocks. It’s just an expanded version of this thread really.

As far as I’m aware you should be able to use the same account on laptop and desktop. I play on Xbox though so one of our PC based Commanders would be better informed than I.

Premier Icon molgrips

If you just want to play casually, we can probably arrange some money for you – buy a nice fighty ship and we’ll tell you who we’re killing that week so you can join in 🙂

Premier Icon Saccades
    Free Member

I’d like to play casually, can I have some cash?

Free Member

I’d like to play casually, can I have some cash?

You can come and claim my bounty in Coribes…..if you can catch me 😉

Premier Icon Trampus
    Free Member

You can use the same log in for PC and Laptop with no problems

Free Member

Premier Icon jamesoz

Been playing Elite for a while, I think I just did a couple of missions for your lot New (K something or other) Labour? Was bored aimlessly flying about, so had a look at this thread and popped in for a scrap in Coribes.
    Captain Izaac Hunt
    Mostly Harmless

Free Member

Izaac Hunt

Really? 🙂

If you want to get involved more are just looking for something to do in game then DM @v8ninety and he’ll sort you out an invite to our Discord or Squadron to see what we’re up to.

We currently have 11 STW CMDRs all either doing their own thing or working together to achieve whatever takes our fancy at the time.

It’s easy in this game to lose direction a bit because there’s no clear path to follow or goals to achieve other than those you arbitrarily set for yourself.

I’ve enjoyed working with others to achieve something bigger but equally I went randomly off exploring for a week by myself recently just because I felt like it.

No pressure on anybody to participate in anything or achieve anything. Do as much or as little as you please. It’s all cool.

Premier Icon jamesoz

Yeah, the name appealed to my childish side at the time.
    I kind of dip in and out of the game, so maybe.

Free Member

*changes CMDR name to Mike Oxlong*

Premier Icon TheFlyingOx
    Free Member

Well I’m in (laptop at least). How do I get involved with everything? Access to the Discord?
    Also, got an Oculus arriving tomorrow. I’m expecting to be in tears at how things have improved since my first CMDR Jameson save on a BBC Micro back in the mid-80s.

Premier Icon crewlie

It’s a lot different but somehow the same 🙂

Free Member

@TheFlyingOx. I’ve DMed you a link to the discord server.

Welcome aboard CMDR

Premier Icon TheFlyingOx
    Free Member

👍🏻

Premier Icon willard

Downloaded and installed, but yet to get any gameplay in because of reasons. This will be my first foray back into Elite since the BBC days and I am a little nervous.

My first thought is that it looks amazing and VR would make this amazinger. Hopefully my first few flights (after the tutorials) will be successful.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,841 through 2,860 (of 2,860 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.