Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 2,990 total)
  • Just got Elite Dangerous
  • son-of-mike
    Free Member

@D0NK & @Squirrelking – I could be free this evening too. Probably 9-11pm(ish). I might venture out of Solo if you want to wing up but my combat skillz are atrocious 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Wait a minute. You can accept massacre missions at the same time as playing BGS? Of course you can … FFS I’ve missed out on a lot of cash!

Are there any stats available to see how many people you’ve killed during the war?

D0NK

the payouts vary a LOT, try to grab missions with a payout that works out atleast half a mill per ship. You can take on more than 1 at a time aswell, but as squirrelking and I found yesterday, 2kills from the same CZ could count toward different missions, not sure how it works, maybe for multiple wing missions its which pilot tagged them first?

Oh and if you’re in a wing outposts may be an issue. I docked at tennyson yesterday (and went below deck) and SK couldn’t get landing permission. Dunno if they only have 1 medium parking space or it was a glitch, or lots of other NPCs parked up

perchypanther
    Free Member

Dunno if they only have 1 medium parking space

Yep. Only 1 medium pad and only 1 CMDR at a time.

NPC’s can block the pad whilst taking off and landing but disappear when they enter the hangar but, as long as CMDRS are logged on and in the hangar then it’s considered full to other CMDRS in the same instance.

I think.

matt_bl
    Free Member

and bizarrely, always check the wing missions even if you’re not planning to wing up. They tend to give a better price per kill than the solo ones.

Matt

D0NK

They tend to give a better price per kill than the solo ones.

sometimes yeah. They also sometimes offer you a lot longer timeframe to fulfill the mission (not so much with the CZ ones) typically a week for pirate massacre missions. I always look at payout per ship and (if credits is your aim) go for the smaller ships when you’re out shooting, not much point wasting time killing a conda when a sidewinder is worth the same towards your payout (you do get a higher bounty/bond for the conda but probably not worth the time)

same goes for CZ killing, you get a nice bonus for routing a cap ship but it’s little compared to a well paid mission.

Be wary of wing assassin missions tho, I hear they can be tricky 😉

v8ninety

In other news; ‘something’ is happening on Thursday. The word in the black is that Galnet will be returning; and a new Dev Diary episode date will be released.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is anyone up for a bit of combat practice after the war? How about we fit a class 1 pulse laser and dogfight each other a bit, in a controlled environment just to see what sort of flight tactics work? A bit like CQC but with our own ships and a bit of cooperation from our squad mates?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Why not use a mining laser? You can zap someone all day with one of those?

D0NK

Yeah I’d be up for that, but just use your normal hardpoints, with only 1 of them powered on and stop when you’ve dropped shields? or maybe after a couple of “shield only” rounds do a bout down to 50% hull? Same handling, aiming/leading trail etc as normal. After all not much point practicing mining/pule lasers if you normally use kinetic/plasma/rail etc

<edit> on reflection you’re not going to get the realism of pip management for weapons either, but if you’re playing “tag” PVP yeah minimal weapons.

TBH I’d be up for some proper stop at 50% hull PvPs coz I’ve done almost zero PvP

molgrips
    Free Member

Shame you’re not on my platform 🙂

Would be good for the pros to share tips with the noobs.

D0NK

aslong as you’re not expecting “pro” tips from me
    Trading standards would have a field day

engineer your ship to the nth degree is my best tip 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

engineer your ship to the nth degree is my best tip

n+1th degree surely?

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’d go for some 50% hull action. I think we’re at the stage where no-one is going to get blown up from a misplaced PA at 51% hull.

We have a big enough range of ships between us that we could switch from fighters to bigger ships, attack and defend.

Rumour is that it’s GalNet. There was an image of developers with GalNet logos on the bottom of mugs! I do hope so!

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno about hull, my ship costs a fair bit to repair!

We could also dogfight with our own SLFs – they are cheap to replace after all.

This is basically Fight Club.

squirrelking
    Free Member

2kills from the same CZ could count toward different missions, not sure how it works, maybe for multiple wing missions its which pilot tagged them first?

I think the wing missions get everyones kills counted so long as different people started them and they are the current active mission for the holder (if you have a load stacked). So if we both had a wing mission that we were both on we would both count the kills. The exception being my kills wouldn’t count for my mission if I had another mission stacked before it.

I can make a short bit of time for bounties tonight but doing a quick turnaround to a dayshift tomorrow so won’t be doing any flight time beyond station hopping for hand ins (mine are both for Wylie so it should be quick to do them). Plus I need to work on my wife Rep++++

perchypanther
    Free Member

Two more fleet carriers in system from the same squadron…

Ominous

matt_bl
    Free Member

Since Akuntsu is an exploited system it will appear on Lavigny lists as a system which is at risk of changing hands.

The net effect should be small for them, but there would be a negative effect.

If we lose day 4, I suggest we choose a specific day and concentrate all of our efforts on that day, we only need to win 1.

Matt

molgrips
    Free Member

Today is that day surely?

Who’s flying tonight?

D0NK

just firing it up now, not sure how long I’ll have tonight might be a short session, RL

D0NK

CONTACT!!!

Guy in a conda just turned up to fight for IPP, he battered my shields, must confess I bricked it, so I ran. Going in fopr another shot now

perchypanther
    Free Member

Another Lavigny legion fleet carrier inbound

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bugger!

Move ‘ZIG’!

For great justice.

squirrelking
    Free Member

How do you know who owns the carrier?

perchypanther
    Free Member

They are setting us up the bomb!

perchypanther
    Free Member

If you click on it in the nav panel it tells you who the CMDR and squadron are

D0NK

CMDR Enchiz prime
    I went back and the CZ was till ongoing, enchiz had taken a beating from one of our spec ops FdLs so he went back to dock. We won CZ. Next battle he turned up halfway thru but didnt engage me, we won that one too.
    Seems a decent chap, said he wouldnt engage as he didnt want to greif, I told him all’s fair in war, so he may kick my arse again later, see what happens, got RL stuff to do now tho

squirrelking
    Free Member

Charles, get the rifle out. We’re being ****.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oops. Better get online. You XBoxers just need to slow them down so the rest of us can rack up more victories than they do.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m already 6 high CZ’s in

molgrips
    Free Member

We would seem to be doing ok with CMDR Perchy on our side. Glad to have you with us commander.

squirrelking
    Free Member

D0nk and are are PC. We just won the battle I crashed and only one CMDR on the other side.

D0NK

just checked status and it says NKL “total victory”. Is tha form this mornings tick, todays activities (well done all, I know I’ve not done much today) or have we won the war now?

son-of-mike
    Free Member

@squirrelking – what’s your CMDR name? I found a CMDR Squirrelking – active 60months ago. I’m CMDR Eisler in game. Feel free to send me a friend request. I’m busy Tue & Fri nights this week.

perchypanther
    Free Member

just checked status and it says NKL “total victory”.

It’s a prediction of the result if nothing else happens in the 7 day period. We’re currently 3-0 up

If we lose today it’s 3-1 and it’ll go back down to just Victory.

If we win today, we win the war.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m Squirrelking. with the full stop, I’ll add you later though.

Total victory?!?

I’m sure those massacre missions didn’t hurt. If it is then well done all!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Total victory?!?

Not yet. It just means 3 up.

Still 4 to play.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yeah your post got lost in the usual STW desynch murk. Oh well, best keep at it!

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m about 6 or 7 High Intensity to the good. I’ve scared off two Cap ships and seen off War Correspondents by the boatload.

We better win today, my wrists are aching!

Matt

D0NK

me and CMDR Eisler hit a couple more CZ, spec ops nearly made toast of us, those phase sequence lasers really rip into unarmoured shield tanks like mine. Had another capital ship that refused to go, last heat relay stuck at 0%, annoying.

Ive killed so many IPP Ive gone from allied (due to all the bounties I’d handed in previously I guess) to unfriendly, wylie dock has now turned red, does this mean they wont let me land there again once I’ve departed?

Fingers crossed for victory today, think we’ll stuggle to compete against those groups/squadrons that have moved in now theyve gotten organised.

<edit> ARRRRRGH!! The absolute gits. I had just thought sod it, 1 more CZ before bed, logged back in and Ive been bumped from wylie to the Champion of Piety in the arse end of nowhere in my 10Ly max FdL, grrrrr.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 2,990 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.