Home Forums Chat Forum Jam Shed Red Wine – Disturbed sleep

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Jam Shed Red Wine – Disturbed sleep
    gobuchul
    Free Member

I had a bottle of Jam Shed Malbec yesterday evening with my Sunday dinner.

Now it’s not to everyone’s taste but I like it.

Anyway, I had a very unsettled sleep, with some very vivid and weird dreams. I’m sure this has happened when I’ve drank it before.

Don’t get the same effect with other wines or alcohol in general.

Is there some weird shit in it, compared to other reds?

Had a look online and couldn’t find anything.

Some links saying it contains a lot of sugar but others saying it contains none?

dafydd17
    Free Member

I think the conclusion from this is that you should stick to drinking good quality wine with reputable provenance, rather than some strange mix from various countries and sources.

iainc

I had a bottle

did you have all of it ?

If so I’m not surprised you had a poor sleep !

Keva
    Free Member

I wouldn’t sleep properly if I drank a bottle of wine.

maccruiskeen

Drink is bad for quality of sleep anyway but my partner had to give up booze, even as quite a moderate  drinker, becuase it suddenly started to really affect her sleep. Half a glass could muck up her sleep for two or three nights.

b33k34

Red wine/red meat has more impact on my digestion and sleep that other foods/booze.  It didn’t always.  welcome to old age. Richer/heavier reds are worse.

gobuchul
    Free Member

did you have all of it ?

If so I’m not surprised you had a poor sleep !

Yes I did. It’s the same as 4 pints of beer. Not an absolutely huge amount of alcohol. YMMV.

Other red wines don’t seem to bother me.

Daffy

Whilst a lot of reds have sulphites, lots of Austalian wines have an especially high sulphite content and again, especially those which are selling on strong flavour or colour.  Sulphites can significantly effect digestion, sleep and can cause headaches.

As above, better wine, often organic will make a difference.

DickBarton

Obviously depends on how much you drink, as I’ve had less than 4 pints over the last 8 years, as I don’t drink…

sniff
    Free Member

Have another bottle tonight and let us know your findings.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Lots of ‘affordable’ wines are off our list for causing bad sleep, trippy dreams and headaches. There are a few that don’t though but it took a bit of work

Coyote
    Free Member

I think the conclusion from this is that you should stick to drinking good quality wine with reputable provenance, rather than some strange mix from various countries and sources.

Or you can drink something that you like…

Love Jam Shed but the Shiraz rather than Malbec. Doesn’t affect me any more or less than anything else.

13thfloormonk

Yes!

But for me it’s all red wine sadly, enjoyed a nice Shiraz-Cabernet at the weekend but it ruined my sleep (after 2 glasses). I get this with my usual Merlot as well though

Interested in observations about quality, I’m strictly in the £7.50 – £10 supermarket wine bracket because I doubt I would appreciate anything more expensive, but if I thought it would disrupt my sleep less…

Lots of ‘affordable’ wines are off our list for causing bad sleep, trippy dreams and headaches. There are a few that don’t though but it took a bit of work

Could you suggest one that didn’t cause bad sleep?

Harry_the_Spider

I like a Jam Shed too. Fight me.

Don’t have issues with bad dreams on it. Gin on the other hand, especially after half a bottle of Malbec, and I’m in for a full on Alice In Wonderland experience.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.