Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,743 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • shinton
    Free Member

2x£25 this time.

Return since 1st July 1.04%
    Annualised return 1.38%

I need to sell some soon so is there a best time of the month and how long does it take for the money to reach your account?

Edit: Just done it and it gives you the option to delay until after the next draw or straight away, in which case you’ll receive the money in your bank account within 3 banking days.

I also noticed there is no 2FA on the account, is this correct?

howdoo
    Free Member

1st win of the year for me ….£50

spannermonkey

£25 – Jan
    £25 x 2 – Feb
    £100 – Mar
    😀

jimdubleyou

I also noticed there is no 2FA on the account, is this correct?

There’s three things you need to know (number, name , password) but not true multifactor really.

Had a £25 this month, Mrs Dubs double that ( I think her holding is more than mine though)

paule
    Free Member

£125 for me, £25 for my son and £50 for my wife this month. Best yet by a decent stretch, and I think we’re at just under 1% overall so pretty much as expected really (but with that monthly frisson of “will I be loaded tomorrow”…)

Riksbar

£50 this month, have they altered the odds with the interest rate rise?

ElShalimo

3x £25 for me !!

£0 for my lovely wife

retrorick

2 * 25 for me. 🎉

zippykona

2 x £25 for me and the same for Mrs Zip.

thepurist

Only 1×25 for me

bruneep

Oh look

Nothing again 🤣

jimster01

Oh look

Nothing again 🤣

Same here too🤦🏼‍♂️

BillMC

zero

timbog160

Nada! 🙁

doomanic

Sweet fanny adams. Again.

thelawman

To break the run of ‘zeroes’ just ^ there – it’s 5 x £25 for me. Looks like I must have had yours…. sorry about that. Nothing for Mrs Lawman this time around though.

Caher

Zero again, it’s getting worse. I’d make more stashing it in a mattress.

olddog

Nowt

BoardinBob

2x£25

I’ve won 4 of the last 6 months with £150 for those 6 months

zigzag69
    Free Member

1 x £25. £50 so far this year…

bennyboy1
    Free Member

£25 here for April.

First win since a £125 prize in December.

jimster01

What’s the best way to buy PB’s if you have a large sum to invest?

joelowden

2 X 25 for me , one for the missus..

retrorick

Open a nsai account, link it to your current account which is overflowing with cash, transfer it to the nsai account and wait for a full month to pass, then check the app to see if you have won.
    That’s what I did.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s not the stock market. So cost averaging doesn’t apply.

If your set on PBs drop em in asap. You have to wait a full month for them to be entered into a draw.

But remember that your large investment if long term is essentially erroding with inflation…… Even more so at the moment

thelawman

@jimster01

Rather depends what you mean by ‘a large sum’ – the max any one person can hold in PBs is £50K.
    (I’m not expecting you to go into details on the public forum, obviously, but it’s worth knowing the max amount if that’s of relevance to your situation)

jimster01

Sorry, should have been more specific, is it better to invest say 2 or 3k in a lump sum with consecutive numbered bonds or drip feed them?

thelawman

Ah, right, understood. To be honest, it shouldn’t make any difference whether you go en masse or drip-feed. The random nature of the kit that selects the winning numbers (‘ERNIE’ as it’s commonly called) means that every individual bond is as likely or unlikely to win in any given month as any other.
    I just checked mine, and of the 5 winners this month, 2 of them start with the very same sequence 383LH43…. with the last 4 digits being only about 2500 apart. So those were clearly bought at the same time as each other, i.e. as part of the same original transaction, maybe one occasion when I put £5K in. The other 3 winners of £25 apiece are separate sequences entirely, so must have been bought at different times.
    If you’ve got the cash to put in, might as well do it en masse, and then effectively it’s all in the next month’s draw, rather than being spread out over several months.

ayjaydoubleyou

Worth checking this but I think with the holding them for a full month thing, as a draw has just happened if you bought now you’d be waiting just under two months for your first draw, first week or June.

thepurist

Nuffing! But I’ve had a good run for the last 6 months or so.

retrorick

Nowt as well.
    Going to shift some cash to a savings account which pays around 1.5%.

Kryton57

£125 – nice!

Caher

Still have to work for a living with a fat zero.

shinton
    Free Member

Another 2x£25 this month giving me a total over 11 months of 1.29%. In fact I’ve won something every month since I whacked my severance/early retirement package in so its worked out ok.

jimster01

Yet another big fat zilch.🤦🏼‍♂️

Harry_the_Spider

Trying to buy some at the moment, but I have £100 from 20 odd years ago so they need to find my account. What a bloody faff this is turning out to be!

zippykona

£25 for me and the same for Mrs Zip.

zippykona

Going to shift some cash to a savings account which pays around 1.5%

@retrorick
    ,what one is that?

doomanic

Eff all. Again.

retrorick

Shifting the cash to a Chase savings account. Seems like a wise move to me now the interest rates have risen.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,743 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.