• This topic has 130 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 250 total)
  • It’s Pancake Day
  • rOcKeTdOg

I think the last timei had home made pancakes was in the 80s made by my mom. She’s not with us now and I’ve never tried to replicate her technique of tossing them so high one stuck to the ceiling. I’m laughing and getting misty eyed just thinking about her totally losing it with laughter.

Oh and sugar and lemon is the only way to have them

hightensionline

Question is, will I always have the Maid Marian song in my head every time it rolls around? It’s been 34 years, and it won’t quit.

kelvin

I’d forgotten… and we’re out of eggs.

Drac

Get to shops they might have an oeuf left.

hightensionline

Have used Greek yogurt as a binding agent when faced with an egg replenishment fail.

andybrad

butter and sugar here.

monkeyboyjc

Advantages of running a shop….. Although I am waiting in my lemon delivery🤔

IHN

Question is, will I always have the Maid Marian song in my head every time it rolls around? It’s been 34 years, and it won’t quit.

What, this one?

hightensionline

Indeed. Only watched it once so far today, so I must be getting old(er).

kelvin

Have eggs. There were three boxes left.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Blimey, a rare thread that gets revived before being archived! 😮

Vegan pancakes later due to better Half’s diet, egg pancakes on Friday at family get together.

Awful thread to read while no access to food, Jamaican me hungry! 😆

Caher

Lemon curd this time.

TiRed

Saw a recipe for banana and eggs as a mixture this weekend, might try that later.

kelvin

Bananas… in the batter?!?!

TiRed

Correct. Must be off bananas. Plantanes are used as a source of flour after all. Why not, sugar already added. It was two bananas to four eggs as the ratio, so more of an omelette.

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-2-ingredient-banana-pancakes-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-218658

Cougar

Bananas… in the batter?!?!

Sounds like my kind of evening.

fasthaggis

We are just gearing up to go full Nordik pancake,done in a tray,nae tossing involved 😉
    They taste like the lovechild of a Yorkshire pudding,pancake and a Victoria sponge. 😆
    😋 😋

Caher

Utter failure tonight might as well have had a bag of flour with an egg thrown in.

Tracey

Just finished ours. Lashings of Golden Syrup. Last one as usual was for the dog

Drac

All done here 18 pancakes all came out perfect. Right chuffed.

@monkeyboyjc
    what’s the butter for?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Pooping, silly.

Lemon and sugar old skool stylee here, but with a bit of a crepe vibe to the pancakes.

Drac

Still lemon and sugar.

ElShalimo

Anyone got a savoury pancake suggestion?

Not a fan of sugar and lemon

sadexpunk

Anyone got a savoury pancake suggestion?

pancakes

TiRed

200g flour, 200ml milk, 200ml water, three medium eggs. Teaspoon of vanilla essence and some orange extract to taste. Add one tablespoon of sugar. I also add a little virgin olive oil to the mix make cooking easier. Have dedicated crepe pans for double handed production.

Lemon curd is nicer than lemon and I prefer Biacoff smooth to Nutella.

batfink
    Free Member

Just smashed out about 24 for the kids and inlaws (they are staying with us at the moment).  In true STW style I’ve bought myself an artisan wrought iron crepe pan, which is awesome.

Batfink Jnr rejected the lemon juice, on account of it being “too spicy” – sadly haven’t seen Jif lemon for sale in Australia

imrobert

Strictly lemon and sugar, need to beat my record of 17.

IHN

Come on,. no-one?

Drac

@IHN the very first post.

Caher

Seems to have crept up on me out of nowhere, right off to Tesco.

dyna-ti

Anyone remember ‘The Pancake Place’ ? A food eatery franchise that was popular in the 80’s ?

That was the thing when we went into town with Mum. Finish off the day with a small treat for us kids, and no doubt for Mum to get a sit down after rummaging around all day in ‘What Every Woman Wants’

Holds a special place in my heart. I kept things simple and you got a little pot of butter and what I felt at the time was a totally inadequate amount of heated maple syrup.

We actually looked into purchasing one of the franchises, but even then it was a serious amount of outlay, and I seem to remember a figure around about 1/4 of a million. Which knocked that firmly on the head.

Cougar

200ml water

And to think, I once held you in high regard. What monstrous deviance is this?

Cougar

Seems to have crept up on me out of nowhere

crêped.

Cougar

In any case,

I’m battered up. I’m feeding four adults including one human dustbin, and two or three 2-year olds who from the food they intake on a regular basis I can only assume are either hollow or are carrying a quantum singularity. I did small pizzas last week, I was going to give them a couple of slices each, my other half served up a full one each and they troughed the lot.

My tried-and-tested recipe is equal amounts by volume of eggs, milk and flour, a lug of oil and a generous pinch of salt. I’ve cracked through a dozen eggs in this batch.

Cougar

Also,

Why does this bloody thread keep returning to page 3?

Caher

Why does this bloody thread keep returning to page 3?

to remind us over the years of those STWers who have fallen by the wayside. The pancake register of the fallen.

simondbarnes

Lemon and sugar here. Quite full now 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

Well my pancake ended up as chapati (roti), LOL!

Not sure I was making pancake or chapati.

nickc

There is a restaurant (stretching the definition granted) that makes nothing but pancakes opened recently in Manchester called Fluffy Fluffy . I took my daughter who loves pancakes. There was a queue to get in…A queue! Pancakes!

Truly a time to be alive.

DrJ

I’m rooting for the Chiefs

Equal volumes of egg, flour and milk.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.