• This topic has 130 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)
  • It’s Pancake Day
  • FuzzyWuzzy

I hope there’s some lemons and maple syrup left at my local Tesco…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Not just on a diet but gym straight from work as well. Lunch = something hot, dinner (sorry tea, I’m a Yorkshireman) is 400kCal worth of sandwich so no time for pancakes 🙁

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

It’s that time again.

I came this close to making exactly the same post as I did last year. 😆

slowoldman

Not likely to manage any today but pre-empted on Sunday with rhubarb pancakes and soured cream for afters. Will probably make up for today by eating pancakes for the rest of the week.

maccruiskeen

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIMLmdyqI4[/video]

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Woohoo! Can’t wait for Sjnr#1 to get home from nursery! It’s gonna be RAD! (well alright not rad but quite good).

thenorthwind

Read the first two pages of this thread before I realised it was from last year. Nearly made a fool out of myself by making a 26″ pancake rather than 27.5. And lemon and sugar – does anyone remember that? What was that all about?

wwaswas

Scarfolk Council can be relied on;

cheers_drive

As well as the usual lemon + sugar + syrup and the banana + Nutella this year we’re going to try making masala potato dosas as the savoury option. My second favourite Christian food day (after Easter Eggs).

maccruiskeen

My second favourite Christian food day

Knocking Allerheiligenstriezel into third place

jekkyl

cliche pancake day phrase: ‘oh pancakes are nice, why don’t we have them more often?’
    and then you never ever have them on any other day.

Milkie
    Free Member

I’m going all out for pancakes this evening.
    Savory
    American Pancakes with bacon/parma, cheese n maple syrup
    Pancakes with Broccoli & Cheese & probably some other savory ones, but last year the american ones were very filling.
    Sweet
    Lemon n cheese
    Kinder pancakes
    Creme Egg pancakes
    Cooked strawberries n creme pancakes
    Loadsa spinkles & chocolate flakes
    Reese’s filling & all the others, caramel, chocolate, etc
    There is a Gordon Ramsay chocolate pancake that I’ll be trying with cream and ice cream.

I cannot wait!

midlifecrashes

Thin, with ham, cheese, banana, maple syrup and a squeeze of lemon here, yum.

matt_outandabout

Oops. Missed this thread. Sorry drac.

Mine were consumed earlier today, in the woods, having been cooked on open fire.
    Sadly, as we had Early Years workers with us, there was no sugary goodness allowed…. 🙁

Drac

Sorry drac.

😀

ourmaninthenorth

Two batches of batter made:

1. “British” for savoury (plain flour, more eggs)
    2. American for pudding (self raising flour, fewer eggs)

Ham, cheese and maple syrup.

Just need to collect Mme North from the station & for Mlle North to be brought home by grandparents.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Waitrose ready made for me.. And Nutella.

Gourmet, or wot.

Drac

No just bone idol.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gourmet, or wot.

Wot.

bikebouy
    Free Member

But, but they’re such a pain..

And stink the place wrotten like.

Just open the microwave, chuck in with random arm movement, press Go. Ping’ and cut the packaging open, steam eyebrows off with gushes of steam, slither contents on plate.. Spread copious amounts of Nutella with pallet knife, wash down with triple single malt whiskey to numb the scolded throat down.

That’s wot.

Drac

They’re a piece of piss to make.

matt_outandabout

Heathen.

Simplest thing ever IMO.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But, but they’re such a pain..

Is there another world with less problems than the first world? If there is, that’s where you live.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Main – leek, spinach, cheese and pine nuts
    Dessert – nutella

allfankledup

American style pancakes with Tebay Cumberland sausage, bacon, Doreen’s black pudding and maple syrup.

The kids wolfed them down. We need another trip to England….

bikebouy
    Free Member

See, wredy mayd.

Drac

It’s that time again.

I’m still a lemon and sugar fan but partial to maple syrup too now too.

mikey74
    Free Member

I would normally say freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar but this weekend I stayed on a boat in Wells Next the Sea and had smoked salmon and cream cheese pancakes, which were very nice.

As it’s just me at home, I don’t bother with pancakes these days.

curto80
    Free Member

Looking forward to making the kids some for breakfast in about 90 mins time when I fever back from my training run. Just lemon and only a tiny bit of sugar so they don’t go too mental before school.

CheesybeanZ

Just had 4 covered in maple syrup , MrsbeanZ 2 with lemon and sugar .

weeksy

Mmmmmmmm can’t wait to get home tonight !

I was tempted to take the day off just for pancakes with my lad…. but seemed excessive.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Breakfast… I can’t be bothered with all the hassle of making a battery mess, but I can’t let the day pass without stuffing my face.

robbo1234biking

The Mrs and I turned up for a pancake party last Tuesday. When we arrived no one was there and we realised we had the date wrong. She still knocked some up when we got home as our 3 year old was sad there was no party!

Still we get to go tonight so pancakes two weeks in a row for us!

jonnyboi

Knocked some up last night as a practice. Today will be lemon and sugar first followed by banana, toffee sauce and spray cream.

alanf
    Free Member

A waste of good Yorkshire pudding batter!

SaxonRider

partial to maple syrup too now too

This is a very good thing. Just make sure it’s Canadian stuff you’re buying, straight from a Quebec maple tree. Mmmmmmm. 😛

SaxonRider

Oh, and how did this thread get resurrected after TWO YEARS? I thought threads were closed after a year.

And some of you lot don’t believe in miracles. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Blurry shot of me and my 3-year-old boy’s brekkies…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pancakes tonight – lemon and sugar

The the tough call – what to give up for Lent? Caffeine is a strong contender so better have a strong coffee now!

benp1

I was having pancakes with the kids every fortnight or so, haven’t done that in a little while though

They’re usually made with banana, oat flour, milk and egg, with honey on top. The kids sit on the kitchen counter and eat them as they come off one by one

Today I managed to make the kids and wife 1 each before I went to work. We went with lemon and sugar, as it’s a classic. Still used oat flour as they’re then a bit more filling and still tasty!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.