• This topic has 130 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)
  • It’s Pancake Day
  • Drac

Get….out!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

American style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I made creamy garlic mushroom pancakes for breakfast and they were rather delicious.

dyna-ti

There used to be a franchise called The Pancake Place. Was the highlight of my childhood Mum taking me and Sister to it on a weekend.

In fact my Mum looked into opening one at one time, but(and this is early 80’s) and it was in the region of £1/4 million.
    Knocked that idea on the head, which is a shame as Shawlands in Glasgow was the ideal area.

I made creamy garlic mushroom pancakes for breakfast and they were rather delicious.

MUSHROOMS??? With Garlic??? you’re a wrong un buddy.

Cougar

Well, I’ve just whipped up some creamy batter ahead of tossing in the kitchen.

What do other readers think?

mogrim

MUSHROOMS??? With Garlic??? you’re a wrong un buddy.

Mushrooms go great with garlic, that and a bit of grated cheese may well be my starter pancake tonight.

Philby

Just had 3 before a 7.00pm board meeting on Zoom – honey, blueberries and greek-style yogurt – and enough batter for a couple more post meeting! Yum!

sparkyrhino

4 with gravy, 2 golden syrup and 2 lemon/sugar 👍🏼

Drac

What do other readers think?

Nice over a juicy pear.

Tracey

Mixed up 2 litres and made 34 8 inch ones to share between four of us all with Golden Syrup on. Dog as usual had 2 plain ones so as to not miss out.

fasthaggis

Our pancakes were crepe,we still ate them.

nickjb
    Free Member

Pancakes with lemon and sugar for lunch, then Toad in the Hole for dinner (“tea” for the northerners). Trying to get into the spirit of whatever it is.

dannybgoode

FBG insisted on American style pancakes. Never made them before but a quick google search for a recipe and jobs a good one. Apparently they were the best he’s ever had. Even better than the ones Mrs D makes and even the McDonalds ones. High praise indeed!

Drac

Yup our dog got two for himself too, he demolished them.

Cougar

FBG insisted on American style pancakes. Never made them before but a quick google search for a recipe and jobs a good one.

Which recipe? I’ve never tried making US ones and there’s a buttload of googlage.

CountZero

Four pancakes, with ordinary white sugar and big slices of fresh lemon to squeeze over them.
    Mmmmmmmm.

lankystreakofpee

Sausage and onion American style pancakes for tea with potato and veg hash to get some sort of veg in the meal. Kids didn’t fancy the idea of savoury pancakes but they were delicious!

Followed up by normal pancakes for pudding with lemon & sugar, syrup and home made Nutella that my daughter made. Yummerz!

Drac

It’s that time again.

I picked up some Maple Butter from M&S last night but I’ll still be mostly lemon and sugar.

cookeaa

Honey and lemon for me, kids like that but also nuttella.

Missus is a wrongun and has hers all American with bacon and maple syrup.

I will probably be making them tonight, bit of a bus man’s holiday as I make pancakes most weekends…

reluctantjumper

Just plain with a bit of sugar is my preferred way. My record is 14 in one sitting, not going to try and best that this year though as I’m watching the calories!

Might stop at 10.

Tracey

Ours will just be the usual few tonight. We had a test run last Tuesday to try different toppings. I had Nutella and banana on one, Cointreau with lime on another other and reverted back to Golden Syrup for the rest. Tonight’s will just be the traditional toppings.

Drac

Golden syrup good call one of my favourites as a kid.

Superficial
    Free Member

Pancake day is my favourite holiday of the year. No expectations, preparation required, no anticipation because it doesn’t get hyped. It just appears when you least expect it on an otherwise boring midweek winter day. It’s better than Christmas, Easter, birthdays by far. I love it.

I think I might go for Biscoff spread + banana for at least one tonight.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Non (dairy) milk version last year and the year before was coconut milk. Ace though they were, right now we have an excess of ‘barista’ oat milk in the hoose so would be counterintuitive/non-traditional for me not to experiment with leftovers.

My preferred toppings are generally of the British Tradition ie either syrup or sugar with fresh lemon juice.

A P7eaven 5-2 weekly fast day fell yesterday, so today is even more authentic than ever.

a11y

Good to hear my kids have a great grasp on the significance of pancake day…

Me: why do we eat pancakes on Shrove Tuesday?

Kids: because Jesus really liked pancakes!

It could be true 🙂

Cougar

It’s as good an explanation as any.

frankconway

a11y – it’s in the bible!

reluctantjumper

10 pancakes have entered my digestive system 😎

p7eaven
    Free Member

Non-dairy PSA:

Just to say the barista oat milk worked fine. Working from the BBC regular pancake batter recipe I just added a little more oil and salt than normal to the batter and cooked the pancakes for about 20% longer/until nicely golden brown. Noice! Filling ended up lemon juice and Honea for Mrs P, and lemon juice golden syrup for fatso. I also trued the Honea and it was v nice even though all of the craftisan words on the label triggered me a fair amount.

aide

Just finished a couple of banana and honey pancakes

sirromj

Voila!
    IMG-20220301-184615

Drac

I’ve seen similar things to that at wild camping spots.

sirromj

I feel like I’ve qualified as a parent. Entertained the kids by flipping pancakes and it all goes horribly wrong (lands on foot) lol.

Tracey

We have just devoured all ours. Finished up playing pancake Frisbee across the kitchen with the dog. Thankfully she managed to catch every one 😀

Drac

desperatebicycle

For once I have all the ingredients for a pancake frenzy at home (I never usually have eggs!), But! I’m out at a gig, so hmm, maybe I’ll do some tomorrow

sirromj

That should go in the Arrrgghh! My eye! thread 🙂

Drac

And it’s time again. I’m hoping our HQ canteen has them on today so I can have some for breakfast.

#teamlemonandsugar

welshfarmer

Haha. Time for round 2. MRS WF thought it was last week so I already had pancake day once this year. 🙂

mogrim

It just appears when you least expect it on an otherwise boring midweek winter day.

So true – I’d thought about it last week, then completely forgotten about it until this thread magically pops up again to remind me 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.