It's Pancake Day

Home Forum Chat Forum It's Pancake Day

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 120 total)
  • It's Pancake Day
  • Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

And it’s my daughters birthday too. So breakfast = pancakes, and I’m stuffed already!

I’m glad we call it pancake day – I have a blind spot for the letter “r” and thought for yeaRs I could just go around pushing everyone out of my way for a day.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Might give Emperor Pancakes a shot this year. My dad used to make them from a recipe in an old Mrs Beeton cookbook.

First skin you rabbit then you separate the eggs and whisk the eggwhites then fold them in with the rest of the batter so that you get much thicker, airy pancakes. The as you cook each one you put it in a dish – lemon and sugar it – then add another on top and more sugar and lemon and another layer and keep going until you have something the shape and size of victoria sponge. Then you slice it and eat it like a cake

Premier Icon Pik n Mix
    Subscriber

I asked the wife to get jif lemon in preparation for today, she came home with flash lemon floor cleaner 🙄

Cody +1 followed by Ash Wednesday and time to give something up!!!

But in the meantime, gorge on lemon and sugar. KISS.

PnM 😀

Premier Icon welshfarmer
    Subscriber

Just had 3 big ones for breakfast 🙂

All filled with Nutella

Oi, thm, bore off will ya you old misery. I’m sure you have a deadline or two to meet.

Pancakes. Pancakes. Pancakes. PAAAANNNNNMCAAAKKKKEEEES!!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Its Shrove Tuesday, I believe.

Yes that’s right. That’s why I resurrected the annual Pancake thread as it’s Pancake day.

Just had 3 big ones for breakfast

Kids had the same but a variety of fillings, I’ve had to make do with 2 3/4 as ran out of mixture. Mine were lemon and sugar as it’s still the best.

Sugar and Lemon
    or…

Lemon and Sugar.

Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.Sugar and Lemon or lemon and sugar.

kristoff

I’m not a massive fan of savoury pancakes. Maybe I need to experiment more. For us it’ll be lots of sweet pancakes,

Lemon and sugar,
    Nutella,
    Belgian chocolate sauce,
    Golden syrup,
    Caramel.

Yummy 🙂

*puts nutella on shopping list*

Bananas & maple syrup as starter.
    Lemon & sugar as main course.
    Nutella for dessert.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Kids choices this am were.

Nutella.
    Maple Syrup
    Golden Syrup
    Lemon and Sugar.

The eldest wanted Maple and the youngest golden.

*Feels like a bad parent for giving child shreddies for breakfast.* 🙁

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

*Feels like a bad parent for giving child shreddies for breakfast.*

Don’t worry someone will be along in a minute to say they don’t buy into the marketing hype of Pancake Day and it’s all now too Americanised. You’ll feel better then.

Mine only had them as I’m at work tonight and the Mrs can’t make them.

Shreddies are evil anyway…it’s a lose-lose day for me. Better go to work I ‘spose.

Made some coconut protein pancakes last night. With strained vanilla yogurt. Sounds healthy but they were awesome!
    coconut protein pancakes

mogrim

Made some coconut protein pancakes last night. With strained vanilla yogurt. Sounds healthy but they were awesome!

“Healthy” wasn’t the first word that came to mind tbh.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Or me even more so when you consider what’s in a pancake they’re hardly unhealthy.

Milkie

Ham n Cheese American style pancakes
    Bacon n Egg Pancakes

For Desert…
    KinderEgg Pancakes (you only need to use half a KinderEgg, very sickly)
    Terry’s Orange Pancakes
    Nutella
    Jam

Last year’s KinderEgg Pancakes

.. and whatever else I can think of!

chomp

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcT7sseLZI[/video]

I had left for work before the wife n kids were up so couldn’t be bothered to make myself any for breakfast. Will be having some when i get home though, probably with Nutella and sliced banana

harryten

250g of plain flour,
    Pinch of salt,
    30g caster sugar,
    2 eggs,
    500ml milk ,
    60g butter.
    Cook butter until nut brown add to batter and whisk in quickly.allow to rest for 1 hour

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

I can’t see that video just to pop up ads from youtube covering it. Grrrr! Angry Grrr! Deadlines! Feel let down! Grrrrr! Angry! Wahhhh! Listen to me. Deadlines.

winston

Appel, spek met stroop

Any day is pannekoeken dag when you’re married to a cloggy

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

What the hell is that harryten?

See, I’ve always been an eggs, milk, flour type. Is there any benefit to adding a bit of sugar to the batter?

lemonysam

200g plain flour
    1 tbsp baking powder
    Pinch of salt
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 large egg
    300 ml milk

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Mmmm! Drop Scones.

Premier Icon benji
    Subscriber

Lemon and sugar for me.

Which makes me think of another thread that would go well to accompany this debauchery.

Premier Icon DaRC_L
    Subscriber

I always think of a galette for savoury and save the pancakes (crepes) for sweet.
    As I think the kids have wolfed the last of the maple syrup it will be
    hobson’s choice of lemon and sugar

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

It’s that time again.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1g_1EJrfnU[/video]

Not 🙁 I’m on a diet

All diets can be suspended for Pancake Day. It’s in the rules. 🙂

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

We had ours yesterday as I’m at work today so no idea when I’ll get home.

I bought some proper Maple syrup to try, damn that stuff is good.

Subscriber

All diets can be suspended for Pancake Day. It’s in the rules.

Indeed – Pancake Day marks the point where, traditionally, people give up diets for lent. Its also the point where all their other new years resolutions laps.

Premier Icon FuzzyWuzzy
    Subscriber

I hope there’s some lemons and maple syrup left at my local Tesco…

Not just on a diet but gym straight from work as well. Lunch = something hot, dinner (sorry tea, I’m a Yorkshireman) is 400kCal worth of sandwich so no time for pancakes 🙁

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Drac – Moderator

It’s that time again.

I came this close to making exactly the same post as I did last year. 😆

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Not likely to manage any today but pre-empted on Sunday with rhubarb pancakes and soured cream for afters. Will probably make up for today by eating pancakes for the rest of the week.

Subscriber

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIMLmdyqI4[/video]

Woohoo! Can’t wait for Sjnr#1 to get home from nursery! It’s gonna be RAD! (well alright not rad but quite good).

Read the first two pages of this thread before I realised it was from last year. Nearly made a fool out of myself by making a 26″ pancake rather than 27.5. And lemon and sugar – does anyone remember that? What was that all about?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Scarfolk Council can be relied on;

As well as the usual lemon + sugar + syrup and the banana + Nutella this year we’re going to try making masala potato dosas as the savoury option. My second favourite Christian food day (after Easter Eggs).

Subscriber

My second favourite Christian food day

Knocking Allerheiligenstriezel into third place

Viewing 45 posts - 46 through 90 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘It's Pancake Day’ is closed to new replies.