Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • iPhone 5, iPad Mini (7") release dates
  • Cougar

Apologies for the source but,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2180928/iPhone-5-iPad-Mini-debut-classic-Apple-unveiling-September-12th-shops-days-later.html

iPhone 5 and iPad Mini ‘will debut with a classic Apple unveiling on September 12th and be in the shops nine days later’

You’re welcome.

jam-bo

so where do I place my order?

GrahamS

To save DD doing it: “will they have flash on them?” 😉

Cougar

so where do I place my order?

Apple?

Cougar

will they have flash on them?

Only if “flash” is a euphemism for “semen.”

(#sorryIcouldntresist)

GrahamS

cp

From the mail website

Early prototype designs that never quite made it out of the lab

No, they’re pictures of cheap rip offs. And the pic of the alleged iPhone 5 case… That would give a weird aspect ratio – very long and thin. So… Typical mail spouting rubbish.

speed12
    Free Member

And the pic of the alleged iPhone 5 case… That would give a weird aspect ratio – very long and thin. So… Typical mail spouting rubbish.

The longer screen is actually one of the generally accepted rumours for the next iPhone – I’m with you that it seems a little odd, but of all the rumours, that one has quite a lot of ‘evidence’ behind it. I think it allows a larger screen, ‘proper’ 16:9 viewing, and also means current apps won’t have to be re-resolutioned (….) as the screen will still have the same number of pixels per inch, but just more of them (if that makes sense?! :S).

But who knows really, we shall see whenever it is launched!

GrahamS

The longer screen is actually one of the generally accepted rumours for the next iPhone

Really hope not. Can’t see the point myself (other than pointless Spec war).
    16:9 screens are just not nice to use in portrait format.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Can’t see the point myself. 16:9 screens are just not nice to use in portrait format.

Video content is the future.

GrahamS

Video content is the future.

Personally I’d rather have letterboxed video and keep a usable portrait orientation.

Video isn’t my majority usage. I spend a lot more times using apps, playing games or just surfing.

dogbert
    Free Member

the “prototypes” are chinese knockoffs and the video at the bottom was on wired about a fortnight ago

Speculation is one thing and it wouldn’t surprise me if Apple were releasing fake information to hype up their product regardless of the whole “hush hush” nature of their yearly expo things they do

Either way I’m still on the fence till the 5 is announced, i’m due an upgrade, but it’ll have to wow me because so far it’s looking to be the HTC all the way

z1ppy

Personally I’d rather have letterboxed video and keep a usable portrait orientation.

+1, I checked out the Galaxy S3 quickly at the weekend, and thought what a lovely screen but the phone is far too big to stick in my trousers pocket

spacemonkey
    spacemonkey

Seeing as my iP4 contract is up on 1st Aug it’s likely I’ll go with a 90 day deal in time for upgrade – it the phone is justifiably more revolution than evolution.

jam-bo

Why would you go for any deal at all? I’ve been out of contract since march waiting for the new iPhone.

Bucko

To save money? My iPhone 4 has been on an £11.50 simplicity contract since January whilst I wait to see what the 5 has to offer

scuzz
    Free Member

I thought Apple of all people would appreciate 16:10 over 16:9, but there you go. 🙁

CountZero

To save money? My iPhone 4 has been on an £11.50 simplicity contract since January whilst I wait to see what the 5 has to offer

I’m on a £26 Simplicity which gives me unlimited calls and texts, plus 1Gb data, and I’ll be buying an iP5 outright, possibly selling my iP4 to help subsidise the cost. The old phone’s in perfect, unmarked condition, and a 32Gb model, so should get a reasonable price.

spacemonkey

Why would you go for any deal at all? I’ve been out of contract since march waiting for the new iPhone.

And not using your phone?

Cougar

Spam reported.

Maybe we should start a blacklist of these companies, then we know where never to shop.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 5, iPad Mini (7") release dates’ is closed to new replies.