Home Forums Chat Forum Interesting call from “Amazon”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Interesting call from “Amazon”
  • desperatebicycle

Spam call. Obviously automated, as it couldn’t tell it was being screened:

I just hit the spam and block (google sent the last bit)

Wonder what happens if you press “one” ?

the-muffin-man

^^^ You’ve left your mobile number on the screenshot. Probably best to edit your post! 🙂

reeksy

Time for some fun

bear-uk
    Free Member

Ha ha.

All of STW can also spam you now ?

desperatebicycle

You’ve left your mobile number on the screenshot

That’s the incoming number . Feel free to spam as desired! 😛

wordnumb
    Free Member

Odd set up for this kind of scam. Usually they choose a company you’re likely to have heard of but unlikely to be paying money to – Norton / Microsoft. I’d imagine a lot of people receiving the text will have Prime and not suddenly think “I should stop Priming”. But what do I know?

MSP

There is some new US law, that means companies with subscription services have to warn you and give a chance to cancel before renewal.

1, It could be genuine (are you a prime customer, when is your renewal?)

2, It could be a scam knowing that Americans are likely to know about the law and are getting lots of reminders.

leffeboy

Sounds exactly like a scam.  We’ve had a lot of similar ones claiming to be from PayPal recently – “There has been an unexpected payment of X on your account recently, please press 1 if you would like to cancel it”.  The first couple of times you aren’t sure but after that you know to ignore.  If I’m really not sure then I google the number plus ‘arnaque’ (scam in french) and there is usually a flurry of people getting similar messages aver the last week or so but not earlier so it’s a scam.  Always good to know what the latest one is

Poopscoop

Google virtual calling assistant

Not heard of this. Dos is record all calls in word form like this or just unknown numbers?

It looks like a handy bit of tech.

Cougar2
    Free Member

1, It could be genuine (are you a prime customer, when is your renewal?)

A genuine text from Amazon is unlikely to be coming from a regular-looking mobile number.

desperatebicycle

It could be genuine (are you a prime customer, when is your renewal?

If it was genuine.. 1) see above

2) it wouldn’t have an automated reply to Google’s screening

3) Amazon Prime, amazing as it is isn’t £79.99

4) there wouldn’t be spelling/grammar mistakes (though that could just be the dictatey script getting it wrong)

Check your incoming calls more carefully!

desperatebicycle

Not heard of this. Dos is record all calls in word form like this or just unknown numbers?

It looks like a handy bit of tech.

Is very handy – it’s up to you who you screen – phone rings, you see an unrecognised number, hit call screen and it displays their response. Usually they hang up, so that one was obviously a bot, but you can answer, hang up, or hang up and block the number. It didn’t used to save the transcript, so that’s an added feature.

Poopscoop

hit call screen

Thanks for info!

When I hit call screen, I assume the caller hears that text the op has in the first bubble? Then, if they carry on talking it tells me what they are saying/it is transcribed for me or both?

Cheers.

desperatebicycle

I assume the caller hears that text the op has in the first bubble?

Yep

Then, if they carry on talking it tells me what they are saying/it is transcribed for me

Yes, just you. You can’t reply on the screen, just by answering

Poopscoop

^^ Thanks mate, appreciated.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.