Home Forums Chat Forum In a lager glass what is that thing called in the bottom that creates the fizz?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • In a lager glass what is that thing called in the bottom that creates the fizz?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Trying to source some glasses without raiding the pub!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Lager?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Nucleation point

sobriety
    Free Member

Those imperfections that allow bubbles to form and rise to the top?

No idea, but they don’t create fizz, they make it go flat quicker, as any bubble that rises to the head won’t make fizz when the lager is in your mouth.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Goggles ??

tthew

Head keeper or nucleated glass.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Rectal plug?

teethgrinder

Are you even a real human make it you don’t TWOC glasses from the pub?

Wally

Rob has it, it’s why champagne bubbles on the imperfections/dust inside a clean glass.

slowoldman

I thought lager was supposed to supply its own fizz.

sv
    Free Member

It does have it’s own fizz but the nucleation points allow it to be released/point to creat a big enough bubble.

stumpyjon

It does, it only forms as a bubble if there is a nucleation point on the inside of the glass. Thus allows the dissolved gases in the liquid to return to a gaseous state and form a bubble.

wrightyson
    Free Member

This has just made it’s way into the home pub, after “testing” a torp of Heineken it would appear previously borrowed Stella glasses with the said sparkly thing in the bottom create the best results! Testing continues…

RustyNissanPrairie

Stumpy beat me to it – creating nucleation sites for CO2 to migrate into is a science in the production of polyurethane foam.

Drac

Gimmick.

rOcKeTdOg

it’s yo create texture to fool your tongue into thinking later actually has some flavour rather than the coloured water it actually is

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Its to make it look pretty.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gimmick, lager haters, beer snobs, I couldn’t really give a ****. I like lager, it’s my money, I asked a fairly decent question and got some good answers which on searching nucleation glasses turned up the results I was after so thanks to those guys.

Drac

Blimey I’m glad you didn’t have Stella.

singletrackmind

The chemicals in pub glass washers actually removes the laser etching over time and they evenyually stop working .
    The reason is asthetic mostly , and to lift hoppy aroma from the beer and let it collect in the haed space of the glass . So when you take a mouthfull you get a double olfractory hit.
    Yes , it does reduce the CO2 level in the beer quicker , but as most people find keg products a little too gassy thats no bad thing.

unovolo
    Free Member

Rohypnol or Ketamin

seosamh77
    Free Member

the agitator is what I’ve always called it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wrightyson

Gimmick, lager haters, beer snobs, I couldn’t really give a ****. I like lager, it’s my money, I asked a fairly decent question and got some good answers which on searching nucleation glasses turned up the results I was after so thanks to those guys.

Don’t worry, just enjoy your cool refreshing pint while they kid them selves on that shedloads of hopiness is a nice flavour. 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘In a lager glass what is that thing called in the bottom that creates the fizz?’ is closed to new replies.