Home Forums Chat Forum Improving wife signal in house

Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)
  • Improving wife signal in house
  • CountZero

You could try plugging straight into the rear of the wife box – make sure to turn the wife unit around though to see which port you should be using, but if this proves unsuccessful communication will drop off completely for days.

Snigger!
    This is the thread that keeps on giving! :lol:

epicyclo

I find frequent rebooting works…

brooess
    Free Member

I had a problem with my Virgin wife once. I was furious so I wrote to the MD but even he couldn’t get it operational.

There are different types of box too. It maybe one of those Chinese boxes, in which case, try the Asian ones, they’re supposed to be more accessible.

andrewh
    Free Member

If going for an Asian one Brooess just be very careful if you order one from Thailand, you may find you get something with a dongle rather than the port you were expecting.
    Some of the ones with dongles have been to look very convincing, at least until you unwrap it.

johnellison
    Free Member

Can you get the wife unit streaming properly when it’s turned on? They can make a lot of noise when this happens, but I find an old pair of underpants stuffed in the main breather vent helps to cancel it out.

Mr_C
    Free Member

If the wife signal becomes so poor as to be unusable, enthusiastic manipulation of the dongle can render the wife signal redundant.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Double post

mightymule
    Free Member

I think that this thread could be a serious rival to “Sudocreme Cat” :mrgreen:

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Have you tried tethering it?

andrewh
    Free Member

Mr_C – Member
    Double post

Not all of them react well to a DP.

bearnecessities

Just thought, is your wife also being used as a local hot spot?

If this is the case it’s most likely that without your knowledge, too many neighbours are trying to access your wife at the same time.

instanthit
    Free Member

Tethering is good. Just be careful you dont get the cord to tight or the plug might be interfered with.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Loving catching up with thread of the year after a top day on the piste, keep em coming!!!
    Are you coming in extremely drunk and trying to use the wifey? If you are this can cause real problems, also if its a typical wifey then there should be two buttonssat the top that are obvious and one lower down that can be a bit tricky to locate, but fliddling with either or all of these should get it running a treat!!!

smiththemainman
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

I mount mine near a radiator.

andrewh
    Free Member

Is yours really hot bikebouy?
    To the OP, it might sound silly but have you checked for rodents, maybe mice gnawing through a cable or something? Mine once encountered a rabbit and then wouldn’t connect to my dongle for weeks.

Kahurangi

Have you just tried having a bigger aerial fitted??

stewartc
    Free Member

I would recomend going to the newer 802.11 N type Wife as with older models I found it impossible to find the G spot.

TheSanityAssassin

Unfortunately I eventually had to sever the connection on my wife signal after struggling with a difficult period of erratic reception, eventually diagnosed as a bi-polar malfunction.
    Since then I’ve had the opportunity to demo several different models, with varying degrees of user satisfaction. I’ve also discovered several online providers, but have learned to become wary of the image, date of manufacture and accompanying technical data as often one, all, or a combination bear little resemblance to the actual component.

yetidave
    Free Member

been away for a few days, and amazed the op hasnt sorted his wife out yet.

triop
    Free Member

Meh, if she is still receiving spaff oops ahem SPAM there ain’t much wrong. Try forcing a lower port with an unexpected upload. The tighter bandwidth should restore communication.

MrOvershoot

Could you borrow another wife unit to see if the signal is better?

I’m sure if one of us lives close enough we would lend you ours, particularly if it coming close to the monthly usage allowance?

maccruiskeen

been away for a few days, and amazed the op hasnt sorted his wife out yet.

I noticed on another thread that he’s also having trouble with his wireless router. Talk about a run of bad luck.

BlobOnAStick

Have you checked the AC/DC adaptor is up to capacity? I have found that a lack of juice can be quite disruptive to achieving a smooth wife interface.

deadslow

I think this is an upgrade problem: I suspect the OP upgraded his version of GirlFriend to GirlFriendPlus 1.0, which is a Terminate and Stay Resident version of GirlFriend. He then discovered that GirlFriendPlus 1.0 expires within a year if you don’t upgrade to Fiancee 1.0. But soon after that, he had to upgrade to Wife 1.0, which is as well all know a “huge resource hog”. Hence the OPs problems its a resource allocation issue. It has has now taken up all of his bandwidth, so he can’t run anything else. One of the primary reasons that he upgraded to Wife 1.0 is that it came bundled with FreeSexPlus 1.0.
    Well it turns out that the resource allocation module of Wife 1.0 often prohibits access to FreeSexPlus, particularly the new
    Plug-Ins he wanted to try, again all those suggestions to try different ports may be causing the problem. On top of that, Wife 1.0 must be running on a well warmed-up system before he can do anything.
    Wife 1.0 came bundled with MotherInLaw 1.0 which has an automatic pop-up feature that he can’t turn off. Some of you have suugested variations of installing Mistress 1.0, but if you try to run it without first uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.0 won’t install anyway due to insufficient resources.

keppoch

Oh it seems that five pages later my missing ‘i’ is still causing hilarity making this by several leagues my most successful STW post ever!

brokensoul
    Free Member

keppoch – Member
    Oh it seems that five pages later my missing ‘i’ is still causing hilarity making this by several leagues my most successful STW post ever!

Well done,I think eveyone’s enjoyed themselves.
    Did you manage to get your problems sorted? :wink:

kevj
    Free Member

it seems that five pages later my missing ‘i’ is still causing hilarity

Have you had any success with your wife during this time?
    Try garnering a positive response by stimulating the rear port and the front port simultaneously.
    Success is measured by increased noise levels and upload speed.

IGMC.

CountZero

@deadslow! Genius, thank you! :lol:

user-removed
    Free Member

Thank you. Thank you, thank you. Most enjoyable. A mazillion times more entertaining than any of that Picolax guff.

jekkyl

Deadslow wins

Viewing 31 posts - 121 through 151 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Improving wife signal in house’ is closed to new replies.