Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • Improving wife signal in house
  • gatecrasher
    Free Member

I had a similar problem, once a month for a few days it became rather irratic.
    Turns out it all it needed was a coil fitting.

pingu66
    Free Member

Wife noise floor is too high the only solution is to remove the noise or replace with something that operates on a wife frequency you can work with. There are more modern wife types available, better more attractive options out there but it will involve some investment. However it may only last for a while as there are constant advancements in the wife field.

footflaps

Thing is, even if you get the latest model, with constant use and regular servicing, they still start to look a bit dated after a few years and you’ll want to upgrade again!

sputnik
    Free Member

If the situation doesn’t improve I suggest you go back to using a dial up connection.

ianv
    Free Member

Alternatively, run two in parallel. This seems to work quite well for some people, although when things go wrong the costs involved tend to be quite significant.

mudshark
    Free Member

How’s the socket access? If access is a struggle you can get an electronic device that’ll help get you started and maybe try an off the shelf lubricant.

unklehomered
    Free Member

On the subject of Android apps you could try Wife Hacker, and see if you can just gain access to one of your neighbours poorly secured wives.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Try placing a bunch of flowers near your wife. That may improve the signal. Doesn’t always work and may invoke a full in depth scan.

rexated
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of old wifes in the attic – they’ve been up there a while but they should still be serviceable if you want to give one a crack.

Russell96

Check to see what protocols are supported, streaming video websites could be a good method of doing this.

Clover

Personally, I don’t really fancy a wife so I’ve got one with a cable.

(I’m a girl)

konabunny
    Free Member

I might be easier just to get a completely new wife. I understand that you can get them online from the Far East. Mind you, there’s something to be said for finding your wife in person – I’ve heard that a lot of these deals yo find online don’t really work out in the long term – something about differing protocols and languages.

kevj
    Free Member

I understand that you can get them online from the Far East.

I’d be careful with one of these wifes. They come in new packaging but are often pre-owned and have had a hard life.

I once heard a story where the new owner was surprised to find a ping pong ball had been left inside 😯

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Cables can end up very messy, beware!! also if you are having trouble turning wife off I find that almost any lycra especially bib shorts and knee warmers works everytime!!!

SnS
    Free Member

If wife is currently turned on and working, use this opportunity to check Internet forums for people with similar wife problems…perhaps arrange a temp swap to see if wife problem goes away or is common issue for this model.
    Then get together with other participants to discuss.

Chris

portlyone

Fresh batteries always seems to make mine run a little happier

downshep

Reboot with 3 1/2″ floppy?

richmars

You’re not capped are you?

DavidB
    Free Member

Think you may need a ram upgrade

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

is she talk talk, yap yap, moan moan or jibber jabber?

Hammer
    Free Member

My wife started playing up after the house was struck by lightning……

How long have you had it, they tend to slow down after 2-3 years and need replacing. I’m on my third already.

But the box’s get smaller each time, so that’s nice!

andrewh
    Free Member

Only if you go for a newer model Hammer, we can’t all have brand new ones all the time!

TheWrongTrousers

I just go down the pub, they’ve got free wifes down there

CountZero

I just go down the pub, they’ve got free wifes down there

Damn, I’ll have to ask my local to get free wifes!

philtricklebank

Have you tried configuring port forwarding?

Forward both ports on your main wife access point, this should at least allow you to configure the wife as a public hotspot, which will significantly increase reception.

PhilChap

I like to keep my WIFE secure, normally in the kitchen.

Sandwich

Have you tried going down the park and flashing your firmware?

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Same in my house – I can only get a wife signal when I’m on the tablet.

jekkyl

My wife normally has a down cycle for 5 days every month, during that time no traffic is allowed at all, not no way, no how.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Wife signals tend to be all hiss and screech if situated next to a draft. I’d suggest moving the Wife to somewhere near a heat source, say a radiator, where the warmth and piping will enhance frequencies.

stu1972
    Free Member

Your wife may be corrupted.

Have you tried a wife sniffer to see what’s entering the house?

Too much crosstalk can corrupt your wife. Do you know the password to gain entry to the wife’s box?

If you do you should be able to change the channel number your wife is transmitting on.

Mooly
    Free Member

I cant believe this forum.
    Why has no-one mentioned that its not the wife’s fault. I would suggest having a long hard look at your Dongle and check whether there is anything you can do to get this operating more affectively.
    You may find this sorts out all your wife problems.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

it’s not exclusive to the wife connections out there either, i use a dial up connection or if i’m really stuck a mobile device as a personal hotspot.
    i have considered getting a new contract on a cable – but not sure whether i have the need for something with such commitment. I mean it may seem all great initially but then may become unreliable and i’m stuck with it in my house

faz083
    Free Member

as soon as I saw this I knew it would be a good one

I’d suggest turning off wife and turning back on again. But as mentioned, there are periods of downtime to be expected (between 3 and 5 days per month – yes as much as that).

Extreme, yes, but could try a different wife? Problem may stop.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Can I suggest you close the curtains when your wife’s flashing.

andrewh
    Free Member

Wouldn’t have thought it would be the dongle Mooly, I’ve had one for years and it’s always been a reliable performer, although to be fair it hasn’t had a lot of use lately.

headfirst
    Free Member

Perhaps your wife has interfaced with another dongle and now has compatability issues with yours. Your wife is now on dongle v2.0 and yours is v1.0?

smiththemainman
    Free Member

If anyone is thinking of trying a new wifey box then I suggest there is less chance of future comprtability issues if the wiring in the dongle has been cut ,also if you haven’t done any research on the new wifey may be best to cover up the dongle to prevent a virus!!!

wwaswas

I had to buy a number of felines before I found that Cat 5 gave excellent results.

bearnecessities

You could try plugging straight into the rear of the wife box – make sure to turn the wife unit around though to see which port you should be using, but if this proves unsuccessful communication will drop off completely for days.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘Improving wife signal in house’ is closed to new replies.